Over the next few minutes we hope that you all will be learning quite a bit about the best places to eat breakfast in Des Moines. Whether you need to rush out the door right now or are planning for tomorrow morning we think we can give you an assist.
There really is no better way for us to get the ball rolling than by listing the best all-around brunch and breakfast restaurants in Des Moines. Eggs, omelets, waffles, pancakes, cinnamon rolls, sandwiches, wraps, bacon, sausage, and plenty of other delicious meals can be had somewhere around town.
Healthy options for vegan and vegetarian breakfast in your area will be up next. Heading to a donut and bagel shop or bakery early in the morning to get them when they are hot and fresh out of the oven is a solid idea.
Cafes to get your coffee and additional healthy options like smoothies and juice bars deserve a shout out. We will get you out of here with a list of the best all day breakfast spots near you to enjoy one of these meals whenever you feel like it, and we will always try to point out any brunch buffets that are available when we can.
Expect to find a local map for early morning restaurants towards the end to help you find the closest spot, and we welcome you all to look through our other posts on this area if interested.
Best Breakfast & Brunch Restaurants In Des Moines
The best Des Moines breakfast and brunch restaurants are where to go when you want to eat great bacon, eggs, waffles, pancakes, omelets, or any early morning delicacy:
- Mullets Restaurant at 1300 SE 1st St #1253
- The Breakfast Club at 212 E 3rd St #B
- Railroad Bill’s Dining Car at 621 Des Moines St
- Waveland Café at 4708 University Ave
Many people enjoy the water views as well as the breakfast offerings at Mullets Restaurants where they also offer a sophisticated two level patio. The Breakfast Club is a funky brunch spot serving poached eggs, waffles, and other favorites from 6am to 2:30pm.
Breakfast with vegetarian options as well as lunch classics are served any time of the day at Railroad Bill’s Dining Car. You can also head to Waveland Café for a variety of traditional American breakfast staples like tasty eggs Benedicts and some of the best pancakes near you.
Vegan & Vegetarian Breakfasts
Fresh Cafe & Market at 2 SW 9th St Both Ritual Café and Railroad Bill’s Dining Car from different lists offer healthy vegan and vegetarian breakfasts in your area.
Donuts Shops In Des Moines
Make a quick stop at a local donut shop if you are running late:
- ChuChu Donuts at 580 SW 9th St #116
- Donut Hut at 4941 Douglas Ave
- Donut King at 3304 E University Ave
- Dunkin’ at 1220 E 14th St
Bagel Shops Near You
Bruegger’s Bagels at 3730 Ingersoll Avenue is a great option and you can also get tasty bagels at Nosh Café and Caribou Coffee from our best cafes list.
From Danishes to cinnamon rolls to quiche these bakeries should have you covered:
- Hiland Bakery at 3615 6th Ave
- La Mie Bakery at 841 42nd St
- Scenic Route Bakery at 350 E Locust St #104
Cafes In Your Area
Jump start your day with that boost of caffeine we all need at one of these local cafes:
- Zanzibar’s Coffee at 2723 Ingersoll Ave
- Ritual Café at 1301Locust St #D
- Nosh Café & Eatery at 424 E Locust St
- Mars Café at 2318 University Ave
- Caribou Coffee at 3220 Ingersoll Ave
St Kilda from our all day breakfast near you list is also known as one of the best cafes in town.
Smoothies & Juice Bars
Usually these smoothie and juice bars will also have some quick and easy healthy meals:
- Lifestyle Juices at 2418 University Ave
- The Goodie Bowl at 300 E Grand Ave #160
- Tropical Smoothie Café at 160 Jordan Creek Pkwy #120
More options for great smoothies include Nosh Café and Eatery and Fresh Cafe and Market.
All Day Breakfast Restaurants
Bacon and eggs are always delish and these all day breakfast restaurants in Des Moines will serve them whenever you are ready:
- St. Kilda at 300 SW 5th St
- PerKup Café at 2700 University Ave #324
- Drake Diner at 1111 25th St
Both Zanzibar’s Coffee and Railroad Bill’s Dining Car serve all day breakfast in your area too.
Some of you may also want to read about:
- Best Pancakes & Waffles in Omaha
- Best Pancakes & Waffles in KC
- Best Pancakes & Waffles in Minneapolis & St Paul
- Best Pancakes & Waffles in Madison
Enjoy Your Breakfast In Des Moines
All of those local breakfast spots to get your eggs, omelets, bacon, pancakes, or waffles as well as buffets, healthy vegetarian and vegan options, donut and bagel shops near you, cafes, smoothie and juice bars, and all day restaurants in your area are ready whenever you are.
It would be great if you could let us know if we got anything incorrect in the comments, and feel free to share any early morning meal tips for this town that you may have as well. Now go have fun enjoying your breakfast in Des Moines.