Hello and welcome to this post on the best places to eat breakfast in Kansas City and the full metro stretching out to Overland Park. By the time you finish reading this you will be ready to rush out the door to eat a tasty meal.
Our opening section will discuss the best all-around brunch and breakfast restaurants in Kansas City. Whether you are searching for eggs, omelets, waffles, pancakes, cinnamon rolls, sandwiches, wraps, bacon, sausage, or any other delicious morning meal somewhere on that list should have you covered.
Then we will talk about healthy vegan and vegetarian breakfast options. Donuts, bagels, and bakeries will round out our next few topics.
After all of that is out of the way we will pivot to drinks and discuss local cafes to get your coffee as well as some more healthy stuff like smoothies and juices. Our final section will tell you about the best all day breakfast restaurants near you because this food tastes so great it shouldn’t only be limited to the morning hours.
Throughout the post any time a brunch buffet is available we will try to point that out, and you can also expect there to be a map for your area towards the end to help you find the closest spot. Anyone that is interested is welcome to check out our other blogs about finding the best breakfasts in the Midwest right there.
Best Breakfast & Brunch Restaurants In Kansas City
If you are searching for places to eat your bacon, eggs, waffles, pancakes, omelets, or any early morning delight the best Kansas City breakfast and brunch restaurants are a good place to look:
- Succotash at 2601 Holmes St
- Eggtc at 5107 Main St
- Happy Gillis at 549 Gillis St
- The Homesteader Café at 100 E 7th St
- Shack at 7940 W 135th St, Overland Park
- Flapjacks ‘n More at 7552 W 119th St, Overland Park
- The Big Biscuit at 16506 E US Hwy 40, Independence
- Corner Café at 4215 Little Blue Pkwy, Independence
- Ginger Sue’s at 14178 W 119th St, Olathe
- Mom’s Kitchen at 530 E Santa Fe, Olathe
- The Breakfast Spot at 13164 State Line Rd, Leawood
- Rye at 10551 Mission Rd, Leawood
- Neighborhood Café at 104 SE 3rd St, Lee’s Summit
- First Things First at 410 Rte 291, Lee’s Summit
- The Royal Biscuit at 1428 W 40 Hwy, Blue Springs
Succotash draws crowds for its hearty American breakfast and lunch fare which are available from 8am to 3pm Thursday through Sunday and until 2pm on Monday.
Delicious plates of omelettes, sandwiches, and other tasty breakfast and brunches in your area are served along with good coffee seven days a week from 6:30am to 2pm at Eggtc.
Happy Gillis serves breakfast including some of the best biscuits and gravy in KC in a casual setting from 9am to 2pm on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
In a laid back setting The Homesteader Café prepares modern American breakfast and lunch with a Southern twist from 9am to 2pm Tuesday through Sunday.
From traditional eggs, hash browns, French toast, and bacons to burritos Shack Breakfast and Lunch in Overland Park has it all. They serve up fun and delicious dishes with gluten free options, boozy shakes, and plenty more seven days a week from 6:30am to 2pm.
Flapjacks ‘n More is a locally owned breakfast and lunch restaurant that is open from 7am to 2pm Tuesday through Sunday providing a wide variety of home style dishes along with a cup of coffee or freshly squeezed juice.
Your breakfast favorites are available all day in Independence at The Big Biscuit starting as early as 6:30am including omelettes and hash browns.
Hearty portions of traditional American fare and desserts are offered seven days a week from 6am to 9pm at Corner Cafe.
Ginger Sue’s is a great option in Olathe for comfort foods, griddle breakfasts, and eggs that is open from 6:30am to 2:30pm.
The Breakfast Spot in Leawood specializes in a diverse menu of breakfast favorites with a Southern flair.
Early morning staples as well as all you can eat deals and much more are offered at Neighborhood Café seven days a week from 6am to 3pm.
Some of the top items that are available from 7am to 2:30pm at First Things First include slices of ham, original butter pancakes, hash browns, Mexican pizza, and birria omelettes.
The Royal Biscuit is a down home American breakfast spot in Blue Springs serving really good stacks of pancakes, eggs, waffles, burgers, tenderloins, and wraps with healthy options. You can visit them every day from 6:30am to 2:30pm.
Vegan & Vegetarian Breakfasts
Want to feel your best throughout the day? Then have your first meal at one of these healthy vegan or vegetarian breakfast spots:
- Mattie’s Foods at 633 E 63rd St #110
- Old 56 at 912 S Chestnut St, Olathe
- Enjoy Pure Food + Drink at 10573 Mission Rd, Leawood
Mattie’s Foods is open at 9am Wednesday through Saturday serving delicious Southern and Tex-Mex dishes and snacks.
In a bright modern setting Enjoy Pure Food + Drink offers healthy salads, sandwiches, juices, and smoothies in Leawood starting at 8am on weekdays and 9am on weekends.
Old 56 is open every day from 8am to 2pm serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner with various healthy options.
Mud Pie from our bakeries list is another good place to eat a healthy breakfast in Kansas City, as are many of the smoothie and juice shops.
Donuts Shops In Kansas City
On the other hand if you just want something that tastes delicious one of these local donut shops should suffice:
- Hana’s Donuts at 2131 S 34th St
- Fluffy Fresh Donuts at 10123 State Line Rd
- Ridgewood Donuts at 4309 Blue Ridge Blvd
- Ray’s Donuts at 315 NE Vivion Rd
- Dop Donuts at 7512 W 80th St, Overland Park
- LaMar’s Donuts & Coffee at 8615 College Blvd, Overland Park
- Jack’s Donuts at 2400 S Lee’s Summit Rd #110, Independence
- Poppy’s Donuts at 318 W US Hwy 24, Independence
- KC Donut Co at 2014 E Santa Fe St, Olathe
- Daylight Donuts at 204 N Parker St, Olathe
- Duck Donuts at 12130 State Line Rd, Leawood
- MJ’s Daylight Donuts at 1713 SW State Rt 7 Hwy, Blue Springs
Mud Pie and Blackhole from our best bakeries list also make some of the best donuts in your area too.
Bagel Shops Near You
You should be able to find a wide variety of bagels and probably some breakfast sandwiches at:
- Meshuggah Bagels at 1208 W 39th St
- Einstein Bros Bagels at 1100 Rockhurst Rd
- The Great American Bagel at 1 International Square
Bakeries will have many different types of foods that can kick your day off right:
- McLain’s Bakery at 201 E Gregory Blvd
- Bloom Baking at 920 Main St #209
- Heirloom Bakery & Hearth at 401 E 63rd St
- Blackhole Bakery at 5531 Troost Ave
- Mud Pie at 7319 W 95th St, Overland Park
- Park Street Pastry at 103 E Park St, Olathe
- Yellow Brick Bakery at 16581 E 151st St, Olathe
- Cookie Jar Bakery at 120 SW 3rd St, Lee’s Summit
- Simply Frosted at 1121 W Main St, Blue Springs
McLain’s is a local bakery, cakery, and eatery that is open seven days a week from 7am to 2pm serving freshly baked pastries, breakfast sandwiches, salads, and more along with good coffee.
Sophisticated breakfast and lunch items, artisanal breads, and pastries are available from 7:30am to 2pm on weekdays at Bloom Baking Co.
Mud Pie is a vegan bakery and coffeeshop specializing in plant based meals, cafe drinks, and pastries with gluten free options and they are open at 7am Monday through Saturday and 8am on Sunday.
Cafes In Your Area
Get your caffeine boost when you pick up your coffee at one of these cafes in town:
- Messenger Coffee Co at 1624 Grand Blvd
- Broadway Café at 4106 Broadway Blvd
- Filling Station Coffee at 2980 McGee Tfwy
- Second Best Coffee at 328 W 85th St
- Pilgrim Coffee Co at 12643 Metcalf Ave, Overland Park
- Parisi at 7261 W 80th St, Overland Park
- Main Street Coffee House at 107 S Main St, Independence
- Joy Coffee at 14300 E US Hwy 40, Independence
- Sweet Tee’s Coffee Shop at 2063 E Santa Fe St, Olathe
- Pour Coffeehouse at 11120 S Lone Elm Rd, Olathe
- Outta the Blue Café at 5291 W 116th Pl, Leawood
- Revocup Coffee at 5037 W 117th St, Leawood
- Whistle Stop Coffee at 227 SE Main St, Lee’s Summit
- Ahadu Coffee at 1531 NW Douglas St, Lee’s Summit
- Scout Coffee at 1400 W Main St, Blue Springs
- Scooter’s Coffee at 1116 SW 7 Hwy, Blue Springs
Messenger Coffee Co is a three-story cafe, roasting facility, and bakery with a roof deck that is open seven days a week from 7am to 6pm offering delicious baked goods along with locally roasted coffee.
In an eclectic setting Broadway Café serves baked goods and java coffee every day from 7am to 8pm.
From 6:30am to 6pm on weekdays and from 7am on weekends Filling Station Coffee prepares early breakfasts near you which are served along with coffee and freshly pressed juices.
Pour Coffeehouse is one of the go to spots for coffee, tea, pastries, desserts, breakfast burritos, and quiches which are available in Olathe from 6am to 7:30pm Monday through Saturday and 7am to 5pm on Sunday.
You can get vegan breakfast sandwiches in Leawood along with cold pressed juices and coffee at 7am on weekdays and 8am on weekends at Outta the Blue.
Smoothies & Juice Bars
Usually these smoothie and juice bars will also sell some wraps, sandwiches, bowls, and other healthy food for your morning:
- Ruby Jean’s Kitchen & Juicery at 3000 Troost Ave
- Unbakery & Juicery at 634 E 63rd St
- Nekter Juice Bar at 4800 Main St #104
- Robeks at 8154 W 135th St, Overland Park
- Tropical Smoothie Café at 9524 Antioch Rd, Overland Park
- Smoothie King at 3901 S Bolger Rd #D, Independence
- Prana Nutrition at 1465 E 151st St, Olathe
- Jungle Juice & Smoothie Bar at 3680 NE Akin Dr #136, Lee’s Summit
- Ezy’s Smoothie Station at 491 NE Coronado Dr, Blue Springs
Other places that we have mentioned in other lists and serve smoothies for a healthy KC breakfast include Café Gratitude, Enjoy Pure Food + Drink, Revocup Coffee, and Scooter’s Coffee.
All Day Breakfast Restaurants
When you want your bacon and eggs later in the day head to an all day breakfast restaurant in Kansas City:
- Mildred’s Food + Drink at 1901 Wyandotte St
- Kate’s Kitchen at 8002 N Oak Tfwy
- Cozy’s Café at 6740 W 75th St, Overland Park
- Santa Fe Café at 9946 W 87th St, Overland Park
- Rae’s Café at 2411 Mo 291 #J, Independence
- Black Bear Diner at 11981 S Strang Line Rd, Olathe
- Sandy’s Restaurant at 1255 SW US MO-7, Blue Springs
Mildred’s Food + Drink offers local all day breakfast, lunch sandwiches, and salads with vegan options from 7am to 5pm on weekdays and 8am to 3pm on weekends.
Hearty portions of breakfast are served all day every day at Kate’s Kitchen.
Cozy’s Café offers homestyle American and Mediterranean specialties from 7am to 2pm Tuesday through Sunday.
Santa Fe Café is a family owned and operated restaurant serving homecooked all day breakfasts in Overland Park with fluffy omelettes, tasty buttermilk pancakes, Belgian waffles, and a variety of other unique dishes from 6am to 2pm Monday through Saturday and from 7am on Sunday.
You can also eat breakfast near you all day at Rae’s Café which is open at 6am Monday through Saturday and 8am on Sunday.
Breakfast is served all day at Black Bear Diner in Olathe from 6am to 10pm daily including pancakes, waffles, French toast, omelettes, scrambles, egg combos, burritos, and sliders.
Sandy’s Restaurant is open all throughout the week from 7am to 8pm serving delicious home cooked meals and breakfast all day.
Other places we have mentioned throughout the post serving breakfast all day in your area include Eggtc, The Big Biscuit, and Ginger Sue’s.
You are also welcome to read our posts on:
Enjoy Your Breakfast In Kansas City
Well, we wish we had more to share but for now that is all we’ve got. After reading about all of those local breakfast spots to get your eggs, omelets, bacon, pancakes, or waffles as well as buffets, healthy vegetarian and vegan options, donut and bagel shops near you, cafes, smoothie and juice bars, and all day restaurants you should be ready for your next meal.
Do us and our future readers a favor by mentioning if we got anything incorrect in the comments, and feel free to share any early morning meal tips for your area that you may have too. Now go have fun enjoying your breakfast in Kansas City.