We hope that you all will be learning quite a bit about the best places to eat breakfast in Austin over the next few minutes. Whether you need to rush out the door right now or are planning for tomorrow morning we think we can give you an assist.
There really is no better way for us to get the ball rolling than by listing the best all-around brunch and breakfast restaurants in Austin. Eggs, omelets, waffles, pancakes, cinnamon rolls, sandwiches, wraps, bacon, sausage, and plenty of other delicious meals can be had somewhere around town.
Healthy options for vegan and vegetarian breakfast in your area will be up next. Heading to a donut and bagel shop or bakery early in the morning to get them when they are hot and fresh out of the oven is a solid idea.
Cafes to get your coffee and additional healthy options like smoothies and juice bars deserve a shout out. We will get you out of here with a list of the best all day breakfast spots near you to enjoy one of these meals whenever you feel like it, and we will always try to point out any brunch buffets that are available when we can.
Expect to find a local map towards the end to help you find the closest spot, and we welcome you all to look through our other blogs about where to grab an early meal around the Midwest right there.
Best Breakfast & Brunch Restaurants In Austin
The best Austin breakfast and brunch restaurants are where to go when you want to eat great bacon, eggs, waffles, pancakes, omelets, or any early morning delicacy:
- The Omelettry at 4631 Airport Blvd #131A
- Tacodeli at 301 Congress Ave
- Paperboy at 1203 E 11th
- 24 Diner at 600 N Lamar Blvd #200
- Forthright at 35 Brazos St
- Waffle Love at 1300 Gattis School Road #100, Round Rock
- Jack Allen’s Kitchen at 2500 Hoppe Trl, Round Rock
- 1431 Café at 601 E Whitestone Blvd #300, Cedar Park
- Blue Corn Harvest Bar & Grill at 700 E Whitestone Blvd #204, Cedar Park
- Laurie’s Café at 612 Main St, Georgetown
- Eat My Biscuits at 3309 W State Hwy 29, Georgetown
- Mouton’s Southern Bistro at 309 N Highway 183, Leander
The Omelettry serves signature omelets, pancakes, and more breakfast favorites all day in your area from 7am to 3pm. Tacodeli prepares specialty tacos and breakfast menus from 7am to 9pm Monday through Friday and from 8am to 10pm on weekends.
Delectable breakfast sandwiches, bowls, toasts, and coffees are available from 8am to 2pm Monday through Wednesday and from 8am to 3pm Thursday through Sunday at Paperboy.
24 Diner offers breakfasts and wines all day from 7am to 11pm. French toast, poached eggs, kale Caesar salad, burgers, and coffee are available every day except Wednesday at Forthright.
Waffle Love makes some of the best waffles in Austin that are stacked high with toppings from 8am to 8pm Monday through Saturday. Numerous classic American fare items such as waffles and burgers are offered all day from 6:30am to 3pm at the 1431 Café.
Blue Corn Harvest provides selections of breakfast burritos, eggs Benedict, omelets, pancakes, and more. Laurie’s Café serves quiches, muffins, salads, and desserts every Monday to Saturday from 11am to 3pm.
Eat My Biscuits prepares biscuits and gravy, breakfast tacos, burritos, and coffee from 7am to 2pm on weekdays and from 8am to 2pm on weekends. Early local breakfasts are also served daily from 8am to 9pm at Mouton’s Southern Bistro.
Vegan & Vegetarian Breakfasts
Healthy vegan or vegetarian breakfast spots are more popular than ever and some of the best in town are:
- The Vegan Nom at 2324 E Cesar Chavez St
- Mr Natural at 1901 E Cesar Chavez
- Citizen Eatery at 5011 Burnet Rd
- Counter Culture at 2337 E Cesar Chavez St
- Picnik at 4801 Burnet Rd
- Bouldin Creek Café at 1900 S 1st St
- Veracruz All Natural at 2711 La Frontera Blvd #320, Round Rock
- Blend Nutrition & Energy at 1312 Round Rock Ave, Round Rock
A wide selection of plant based tacos are available from 9am to 11pm Tuesday through Sunday at The Vegan Nom. Mr Natural prepares vegetarian meals and drinks from 8am to 8pm Monday through Saturday.
Delectable healthy vegan breakfast favorites near you are available all day at Citizen Eatery. Counter Culture offers a variety of vegan dishes, beers, and wines.
Paleo, vegetarian, and gluten free choices are all available at Picnik. Classic veggie burgers, fresh salads, and breakfasts are served all day from 8am to 10pm at Bouldin Creek Café.
Veracruz All Natural makes healthy tacos, tortas, and juices every day from 8am to 3pm with outdoor seating available. Tasty smoothies, shakes, teas, and protein coffees are prepared from 7am to 6pm Monday through Friday at Blend Nutrition and Energy.
Donuts Shops In Austin
Make a quick stop at a local donut shop if you are running late:
- Angel Donuts & Treats at 8300 N FM 620 Bldg A #200
- Combo Donuts at 1509 S Lamar Blvd #200
- Voodoo Doughnut at 212 E 6th St
- Gourdough’s at 1503 S 1st St
- Round Rock Donuts at 106 W Liberty St
- Grand Donuts at 2011 Little Elm Trl, Cedar Park
- Donuts Crown at 1201 Lakeline Blvd, Cedar Park
Angel Donuts and Treats provides a variety of specialty flavored donuts, cake balls, and sweet pastries from 7am to 4pm every day except Wednesday. Fine donuts, kolaches, and pigs in a blanket pastries are available daily from 6am to 1pm at Combo Donuts.
Delectable donuts are also served from 6am to 3am at Voodoo Doughnut. Gourdough’s is also a good option for some of the finest donuts from 10am to 12am Monday through Friday and from 8am to 12am on weekends.
A variety of baked items like specialty donuts are available at Round Rock Donuts from 5:30am to 6:30pm every day. Grand Donuts offers donuts, coffee, kolaches, tacos, and croissants with vegetarian options from 5am to 1pm Monday through Saturday and from 6am to 1pm on Sunday.
Breakfast sandwiches, muffins, kolaches, donuts, and coffee are prepared daily for an early breakfast in your area from 5am to 3pm at Donuts Crown.
Bagel Shops Near You
Enjoy some great bagels and maybe even a breakfast sandwich at:
- Nervous Charlie’s Bagels at 5501 N Lamar Blvd
- Wholy Bagel at 4404 William Cannon Dr
- Rockstar Bagels at 1900 Rosewood Ave
- Wham Bam Bagels at 415 E St Elmo
- Big City Bagels & Subs at 10401 Anderson Mill Rd #117
From Danishes to cinnamon rolls to quiche these bakeries should have you covered:
- Sugar Mama’s Bakeshop at 1905 S 1st St #A
- 85°C Bakery at 6929 Airport Blvd #197
- Bakery Lorraine at 11600 Rock Rose Ave #100
- Paige’s Bakehouse at 110 E Anderson #400, Round Rock
- The Sweet Tooth Parlor Bakery at 808 E Palm Valley Blvd #200, Round Rock
- Basilflower Patisserie at 206 Tulip Trl Bend, Cedar Park
- Galaxy Bakery at 107 E 7th St, Georgetown
- Casa Costa Bake Shop at 201 Bagdad St, Leander
- Tiny Pies at 2125 Lohmans Crossing Rd #402, Lakeway
Artisanal fresh pastries, local breakfast favorites, wines, and ciders are served at Bakery Lorraine. Tasty petit fours, cakes, chocolates, pies, and cookies are available from 7:30am to 6pm Monday through Friday and from 8am to 2pm on Saturday at Paige’s Bakehouse.
The Sweet Tooth Parlor Bakery provides a wide selection of cakes, breakfasts, coffees, and baked goods from 8am to 5pm Tuesday through Saturday. Basilflower Patisserie offers eggless cakes, cupcakes, macaroons, and pastries every day from 9am to 7pm.
Numerous assortments of flavored custom cakes, cupcakes, breads, and quiches are served at Galaxy Bakery.
Casa Costa Bake Shop serves breakfast near you along with sweet and savory pastries, desserts, coffees, and artisan cakes from 7am to 5pm Tuesday through Saturday.
Cafes In Your Area
Jump start your day with that boost of caffeine we all need at one of these cafes:
- Patika at 2159 S Lamar Blvd
- Fleet Coffee at 2427 Webberville Rd
- Epoch Coffee at 221 W N Loop Blvd
- Mañana at 1603 S Congress Ave
- Mi Mundo at 106 S Mays St, Round Rock
- PJ’s Coffee at 3800 E Palm Valley Blvd #100, Round Rock
- Black Sugar Caffe at 1310 Cypress Creek Rd #100, Cedar Park
- Rivery Coffeehouse & Desserts at 1500 Rivery Blvd #2155, Georgetown
- Café Lago at 1200 Lakeway Dr, Lakeway
Locally sourced coffee, espressos, and baked goods are available every day from 7:30am to 4pm at Patika. Classic and innovative drinks, tacos, and pastries are served daily from 7:30am to 1:30pm at Fleet Coffee. Epoch Coffee prepares espresso drinks, sweet treats, and pizzas every day from 6am to 12am.
Homemade pastries, coffees, and juices are offered daily from 7am to 7pm at Mañana. Mi Mundo provides a wide selection of espresso and caffeine free drinks as well as baked goods and comfort foods from 6:45am to 4pm Monday through Friday and from 7:30am to 4pm on weekends.
Organic tea, fresh breakfast pastries, gourmet sandwiches, and a variety of coffees are available from 6am to 6pm Monday through Friday and from 7am to 6pm on weekends at PJ’s Coffee.
Black Sugar Caffe serves a variety of light fare and specialty coffee at 6am on weekdays and at 7am on weekends. Artisan coffees, teas, pastries, and desserts are offered every day at 7am at Rivery Coffeehouse and Desserts.
Café Lago prepares sandwiches, soups, pancakes, and more from 7:30am to 1:30pm Monday through Saturday and from 8am to 1:30pm on Sunday.
Smoothies & Juice Bars
Usually these smoothie and juice bars will also have some quick and easy healthy meals:
- Nekter Juice Bar at 222 West Ave
- JuiceLand at 3600 Presidential Blvd #16
- Blend Nutrition & Energy at 200 University Blvd #350, Round Rock
- 620’s Healthy Hub at 1312 Round Rock Ave, Round Rock
- Cp Social Co at 2100 Cypress Creek Rd #200, Cedar Park
- Hydrate at 2502C Williams Dr, Georgetown
- Bahama Buck’s at 2906 S Bagdad Rd #400, Leander
Both Veracruz All Natural and Black Sugar Caffe from some of our other lists sell great smoothies in Austin too.
All Day Breakfast Restaurants
Bacon and eggs are always delish and these all day breakfast restaurants in Austin will serve them whenever you are ready:
- Café Java at 11900 Metric Blvd #K
- 1886 Café & Bakery at 604 Brazos St
- Kerbey Lane Café 3704 Kerbey Ln
- Stars Café at 3101 N Interstate 35 Frontage Rd
- Simmer Down Café at 4701-1 Williams Dr, Georgetown
- Monument Café at 500 S Austin Ave, Georgetown
Café Java specializes in salads and sandwiches and prepares early and all day breakfasts near you from 7am to 9pm on weekdays. A variety of baked goods and breakfast items are available every day from 7am to 2pm at 1886 Café and Bakery.
Early local breakfasts can also be enjoyed at Kerbey Lane Café from 7am to 10pm. Stars Café provides a wide selection of biscuits, burgers, and breakfast tacos daily. Simmer Down Café offers traditional American breakfasts from 11am to 8pm Tuesday through Thursday.
Monument Café serves an early breakfast that runs all day in Austin from 7am to 3pm. All day breakfasts in your area are also served at places from some different lists including The Omelettry, 24 Diner, Citizen Eatery, and Bouldin Creek Café.
Some of you may also want to read about:
Enjoy Your Breakfast In Austin
All of those local breakfast spots to get your eggs, omelets, bacon, pancakes, or waffles as well as buffets, healthy vegetarian and vegan options, donut and bagel shops near you, cafes, smoothie and juice bars, and all day restaurants in your area are ready whenever you are.
It would be great if you could let us know if we got anything incorrect in the comments, and feel free to share any early morning meal tips for this town that you may have as well. Now go have fun enjoying your breakfast in Austin.