Over the next few minutes we hope that you all will be learning quite a bit about the best places to eat breakfast in Madison. Whether you need to rush out the door right now or are planning for tomorrow morning we think we can give you an assist.
There really is no better way for us to get the ball rolling than by listing the best all-around brunch and breakfast restaurants in Madison. Eggs, omelets, waffles, pancakes, cinnamon rolls, sandwiches, wraps, bacon, sausage, and plenty of other delicious meals can be had somewhere around town.
Healthy options for vegan and vegetarian breakfast in your area will be up next. Heading to a donut and bagel shop or bakery early in the morning to get them when they are hot and fresh out of the oven is a solid idea.
Cafes to get your coffee and additional healthy options like smoothies and juice bars deserve a shout out. We will get you out of here with a list of the best all day breakfast spots near you to enjoy one of these meals whenever you feel like it, and we will always try to point out any brunch buffets that are available when we can.
Expect to find a local map for early morning restaurants towards the end to help you find the closest spot, and we welcome you all to look through our other posts on this area if interested.
Best Breakfast & Brunch Restaurants In Madison
The best Madison breakfast and brunch restaurants are where to go when you want to eat great bacon, eggs, waffles, pancakes, omelets, or any early morning delicacy:
- Original Pancake House at 5518 University Ave
- Mickies Dairy Bar at 1511 Monroe St
- Pancake Café at 724 S Gammon Rd
- Copper Top Restaurant at 5401 Schroeder Rd #2500
- Highland Corner Grill at 2424 University Ave
Some of the best pancakes near you and other American breakfast classics are served all day at The Original Pancake House in a casual atmosphere from 7am to 3pm. Mickey’s Dairy Bar is one of the best neighborhood spots for local hearty breakfasts.
You can get fresh eggs Benedict, omelets, waffles, biscuits and gravy, and more breakfast staples at Pancake Café. Coppertop is a family friendly diner serving hearty portions of homemade American classics and delicious breakfasts in town. For a breakfast buffet in your area head to The Highland Corner Grill’s on weekdays from 6:30am to 9am or until 10am on weekends.
Vegan & Vegetarian Breakfasts
Healthy vegan or vegetarian breakfast spots are more popular than ever and some of the best in town are:
- Surya Café at 3241 Garver Green #115
- Green Owl Café at 1970 Atwood Ave
- JustVeggiez at 2817 E Washington Ave
Donut Shops In Madison
Make a quick stop at a local donut shop if you are running late:
- Greenbush Bakery at 1402 Regent St
- Dunkin’ at 739 S Gammon Rd #100
Those local donut shops are really good and you can find more at Lane’s Bakery and Coffee from our best bakeries list.
Bagel Shops Near You
Enjoy some great bagels and maybe even a breakfast sandwich at:
- Bagels Forever at 2947 University Ave
- Gotham Bagels at 112 E Mifflin St
- 1st National Bagel
From Danishes to cinnamon rolls to quiche these bakeries should have you covered:
- Lane’s Bakery & Coffee at 2304 S Park St
- Madison Sourdough at 916 Williamson St
- Stella’s Bakery at 2908 Syene Rd
Sourdough is a bright neighborhood bakery serving French pastries, coffees, and gourmet breakfast as well as lunch staples. Don’t forget about the donuts at Lane’s Bakery and Coffee either.
Cafes In Your Area
Jump start your day with that boost of caffeine we all need at one of these cafes:
- Yola’s Café at 494 Commerce Dr
- Black Locust Café at 829 E Washington Ave
- Bradbury’s Coffee at 127 N Hamilton St
- Colectivo Coffee at 583 State St
Smoothies & Juice Bars
Usually these smoothie and juice bars will also have some quick and easy healthy meals:
- SuperCharge at 1902 E Washington Ave
- Blended at 717 Hilldale Wy
- Smoothie King at 2980 Cahill Main
All Day Breakfast Restaurants
Bacon and eggs are always delish and these all day breakfast restaurants in Madison will serve them whenever you are ready:
- Marigold Kitchen at 118 S Pinckney St
- Ogden’s North Street Diner at 560 North St
- Short Stack Eatery at 301 W Johnson St
- Monty’s Blue Plate Diner at 2089 Atwood Ave
All day breakfasts near you are also available at places from some different lists including The Original Pancake House, Yola’s Café, and Colectivo Coffee.
Some of you may also want to read about:
- Early Morning Restaurants in Milwaukee
- Early Morning Restaurants in Chicago
- Early Morning Restaurants in the Twin Cities
- Early Morning Restaurants in St Louis
Enjoy Your Breakfast In Madison
All of those local breakfast spots to get your eggs, omelets, bacon, pancakes, or waffles as well as buffets, healthy vegetarian and vegan options, donut and bagel shops near you, cafes, smoothie and juice bars, and all day restaurants in your area are ready whenever you are.
It would be great if you could let us know if we got anything incorrect in the comments, and feel free to share any early morning meal tips for this town that you may have as well. Now go have fun enjoying your breakfast in Madison.