We hope that everyone reading this is ready to take a deep dive into the best places to eat breakfast in Cleveland. Our only real goal is to help you find the right meal to kick start your day.
The best all-around brunch and breakfast restaurants in Cleveland will be where we begin. We know that many of you will be trying to find delicious eggs, omelets, waffles, pancakes, cinnamon rolls, sandwiches, wraps, bacon, sausage, or more and the spots on that list will have what you are after.
Up next we will get into healthy vegan and vegetarian breakfast options in your area. Our next few subjects are pretty similar with local bakeries, donut, and bagel shops.
Drinks will be our next focus as cafes to get your coffee as well as some more healthy options like smoothies and juice bars get a mention. All day breakfast restaurants near you will wrap this up because we know that the morning hours are not the only time to indulge, and we will try to mention any brunch buffets throughout the post when applicable.
Towards the conclusion you will find a map with every place we mention pinned on it, and anyone that wants to check out our other blogs about breakfast places around the Midwest at that link.
Best Cleveland Breakfast & Brunch Restaurants
You will have a good chance of finding the best bacon, eggs, waffles, pancakes, omelets, and more if you eat at the best Cleveland breakfast and brunch restaurants:
- My Friends Restaurant at 11616 Detroit Ave
- Grumpys Cafe at 2621 W 14th St
- Luckys Cafe at 777 Starkweather Ave
- Inn On Coventry at 2785 Euclid Heights Blvd
- Slyman’s Restaurant and Deli at 3106 St Clair Ave NE
- The South Side at 2207 W 11th St
- Shay’s Restaurant at 4007 St Clair Ave
- Al’s Deli at 1717 E 9th St #101
- Honeymoon Grille at 3458 Manchester Rd, Akron
- Nomz at 21 Furnace St, Akron
- Akron Family Restaurant at 254 W Market St, Akron
- Lukity’s Country Inn at 2697 Manchester Rd, Akron
My Friends Restaurant cooks breakfast, lunch, and dinner all day featuring American comfort foods seven days a week. Grumpy’s Café is a good place to eat breakfast and brunch near you too including comfort foods and fresh seafood specials.
New American dishes and baked goods are available at Lucky’s Café. You can get homestyle omelets, pancakes, hot sandwiches, and plenty more at Inn On Coventry. Corned beef sandwiches and other deli favorites for breakfast and lunch are offered at Slyman’s.
The South Side is a popular local breakfast restaurant serving American meals and features live sports on television as well as a 1,000 square foot terrace. Lebanese and American dishes for breakfast and lunch are served at Al’s Deli including sandwiches and salads.
Honeymoon Grille serves homemade breakfasts in your area including omelets, waffles, and French toast on weekdays from 6:30am to 2pm and until 3pm on weekends. The Akron Family Restaurant is known for its great cinnamon apple French toast, scrumptious omelets, and coffees.
Lukity’s Country Inn offers a weekend breakfast buffet near your from 8am to 1pm.
Vegan & Vegetarian Breakfasts
Have your first meal at one of these healthy vegan or vegetarian breakfast spots if you want to live your best life:
- The Vegan Doughnut Company at 14811 Detroit Ave
- TownHall at 1909 W 25th St
- Cleveland Vegan at 17112 Detroit Ave
- REBOL at 101 W Superior Ave
- Ms. Julie’s Kitchen at 1809 S Main St, Akron
TownHall has a patio and serves local food and snacks with vegan options. Plant based versions of traditional baked products are available at Cleveland Vegan. REBOL features outdoor seating and offers meals with non GMO, vegan, paleo, and gluten free options as well as coffee and many more beverages.
Ms. Julie’s Kitchen has over 110 vegan, vegetarian, and gluten free dishes for you to choose from.
Donut Shops In Cleveland
Or just eat something delicious at one of these donut shops near you:
- Brewnuts at 6501 Detroit Ave
- Jack Frost Donuts at 4960 Pearl Rd
- Peace Love & Little Donuts of Westpark at 3786 Rocky River Dr
- Bigmouth Donut Hingetown at 1418 W 29th St
- North Hill Donuts at 662 East Tallmadge Av, Akron
- Jubilee Donuts at 916 Canton Rd, Akron
- Dunkin’ Donuts at 2081 E Market St, Akron
Beef infused donuts are available at Brewnuts. Since 1937 Jack Frost has been providing more than 200 varieties of classic and unique donuts and pastries as well as catering. Some of the best vegan and gluten free made from scratch donuts in your area are sold at Bigmouth
Local Bagel Shops
Expect to find a wide variety of bagels and probably even some breakfast sandwiches at:
- The Cleveland Bagel Company at 4201 Detroit Ave
- Bagel Buddy’s at 20070 Lakeshore Blvd
- Einstein Bros. Bagels at 14615 Detroit Ave
- Bialy’s Bagels at 2267 Warrensville Center Rd
- Bruegger’s Bagels at 4963 Darrow Rd, Akron
The Cleveland Bagel Company makes hand rolled treats and provides a selection of innovative cream cheeses. Some of the most popular options at Bagel Buddy’s include fresh baked muffins, bagels, and donuts as well as specialty breakfast sandwiches, homemade soups, coffee, and much more. Bruegger’s bakes up authentic New York style bagels every morning that are topped with their signature made in Vermont cream cheeses and even offers breakfast, lunch, sandwiches, garden fresh salads, desserts, coffee, and espresso.
There are lots of bakeries around town that have good early morning options:
- Presti’s Bakery at 12101 Mayfield Rd
- Koko Bakery at 3710 Payne Ave #102
- On The Rise Artisan Breads at 3471 Fairmount Blvd
- Sweet Mary’s Bakery at 76 E Mill St, Akron
- Tiffany’s Bakery at 620 Ridgewood Crossing Dr, Akron
- The West Side Bakery at 2303 W Market St, Akron
- Au Bon Pain at 400 Akron General Ave #2224, Akron
- Pink Bandana Bakery at 8630 Mentor Ave, Mentor
Fresh bread, pastries, donuts, cookies, and cakes are offered at Presti’s Bakery. Koko Bakery serves Asian style baked goods, teas, and smoothies in a laid back setting.
You can buy European style breads and pastries at On The Rise Artisan Breads. Cinnamon rolls, savory egg custard, and soup are available at Sweet Mary’s Bakery.
Au Bon Pain has breakfast sandwiches and oatmeal to satisfy your early morning meal needs. High quality baked goods are also available at Cleveland Vegan from our best local vegan and vegetarian breakfasts list.
Cafes In Your Area
Kick your day off with a caffeine blast at one of these cafes:
- West Side Market Café at 1979 W 25th St
- Metropolitan Coffee at 4744 Broadview Rd
- Common Grounds Coffee Shop at 17104 Lorain Ave
- Phoenix Coffee Company at 3000 Bridge Ave
- Rising Star Coffee Roasters at Ohio City Firehouse, 1455 W 29th St
- Stray Dog Café at 75 S Main St, Akron
- Chameleon Café at 23 S Main St, Akron
- Valley Café Restaurant at 1212 Weathervane Ln, Akron
- Molly Brown’s Country Cafe at 518 Canton Rd, Akron
The West Side Market Café cooks American breakfast and lunch. Specialty brews and baked pastries are served all day at Common Grounds Coffee Shop.
Phoenix Coffee Company has artisan coffee as well as snacks, pastries, and salads. Light snacks, pastries, and gourmet coffee are also offered at Rising Star.
Valley Café Restaurant is a popular all day breakfast and lunch spot in your area serving good food and coffee from 7am to 3pm Tuesday through Saturday. Breakfast burritos, chorizo and eggs, huevos rancheros, and other dishes are available at Molly Brown’s Country Cafe.
Smoothies & Juice Bars
Wraps, sandwiches, bowls, and other healthy food for your morning should also be available at these smoothie and juice bars:
- Pulp Juice & Smoothie Bar at 11501 Clifton Blvd
- Liquid Fresh Planet at 11002 Clifton Blvd
- Restore Cold Pressed at 1001 Huron Rd
- Robeks Fresh Juices & Smoothies at 1650 W Market St, Akron
30 real fruit smoothies and fruit and veggie juice combos are offered at Pulp as well as freshly made wraps, healthy salads, and other party tray items every day starting at 7am. Liquid Fresh Planet excels at healthy meals, açai bowls, and smoothies. Restore is open at 8am daily preparing cold pressed juices and superfoods.
All Day Breakfast Restaurants
When you want your bacon and eggs on your own schedule visit an Cleveland all day breakfast restaurant:
- Big Al’s Diner at 12600 Larchmere Blvd
- Yours Truly Restaurant at Playhouse Square, 1228 Euclid Ave
- Gus’s Old Brooklyn at 4377 State Rd
- Urban Kitchen & Deli at 9751 Chester Ave
- A Walk In The Park Café at 1491 Aster Ave, Akron
- Fred’s Diner at 930 Home Ave, Akron
- Eye Opener at 1688 W Market St
- Oldies & Goodies Family Diner at 641 Massillon Rd, Akron
Big Al’s is a local all day breakfast and lunch restaurant featuring hearty American fare. Breakfast favorites including omelets, soups, and many more American comfort foods are available at Yours Truly Restaurant where they also have catering and delivery services.
Gus’s Old Brooklyn is a laid back American restaurant serving breakfast plates all day in Cleveland along with sandwiches and burgers. You can get typical comfort food staples such as pancakes, hummus, and pasta at Urban Kitchen and Deli. Don’t forget about My Friends Restaurant’s all day breakfast near you from our top list and you can also head to Valley Café Restaurant any time for your bacon and eggs.
Just in case you were interested we have also written about:
Enjoy Your Breakfast In Cleveland
For now that is all we have to mention but check back often because we plan to update this page throughout the year. Now that you know about all of those local breakfast spots to get your eggs, omelets, bacon, pancakes, or waffles as well as buffets, healthy vegetarian and vegan options, donut and bagel shops near you, cafes, smoothie and juice bars, and all day restaurants you can tackle the morning.
Don’t be afraid to mention if we got anything incorrect in the comments, and feel free to share any early morning meal tips for your area that you may have too. Now go have fun enjoying your breakfast in Cleveland.