Hello and welcome to this post on the best places to eat breakfast in San Antonio. By the time you finish reading this you will be ready to rush out the door to eat a tasty meal.
Our opening section will discuss the best all-around brunch and breakfast restaurants in San Antonio. Whether you are searching for eggs, omelets, waffles, pancakes, cinnamon rolls, sandwiches, wraps, bacon, sausage, or any other delicious morning meal somewhere on that list should have you covered.
Then we will talk about healthy vegan and vegetarian breakfast options. Donuts, bagels, and bakeries will round out our next few topics.
After all of that is out of the way we will pivot to drinks and discuss local cafes to get your coffee as well as some more healthy stuff like smoothies and juices. Our final section will tell you about the best all day breakfast restaurants near you because this food tastes so great it shouldn’t only be limited to the morning hours.
Throughout the post any time a brunch buffet is available we will try to point that out, and you can also expect there to be a map for your area towards the end to help you find the closest spot. Anyone that is interested is welcome to check out our other posts on the Midwest area of the world right there.
Best Breakfast & Brunch Restaurants In San Antonio
If you are searching for places to eat your bacon, eggs, waffles, pancakes, omelets, or any early morning delight the best San Antonio breakfast and brunch restaurants are a good place to look:
- Eggspectation at 402 N Loop 1604 W
- Nola Brunch & Beignets at 720 E Mistletoe Ave
- The Magnolia Pancake Haus at 606 Embassy Oaks #100
- Tony G’s Soul Food at 915 S Hackberry
- Pancake Joe’s at 6703 Ingram Rd
- Buttermilk Café at 1324 E Common St, New Braunfels
- Avery’s Kitchen at 2063 Central Plaza #107, New Braunfels
- The Root Cellar at 215 N LBJ Dr, San Marcos
- The Rooted Fork at 201 N Main St, Cibolo
Eggspectation’s menu includes freshly prepared artisanal brioche French toast, thin French crepes, Belgian waffles, fluffy buttermilk pancakes, pastas, burgers, seafood, steak, and eggs Benedict.
Traditional brunch fare and a variety of beignets are served all day in a relaxed setting at Nola Brunch and Beignets which is open throughout the week from 8am to 2pm except for Monday and Tuesday when they are closed.
The Magnolia Pancake Haus specializes in American breakfast in your area like pancakes and ggs. There are tasty servings of hearty Southern breakfast, brunch, and lunch at Tony G’s Soul Food from 8am to 4pm Tuesday through Saturday and from 10am on Sunday.
Pancake Joe’s provides a diverse range of local breakfast classics and lunchtime favorites such as French toast, pancakes, omelets, frittatas, sandwiches, wraps, salads, and much more from 7am to 2pm Monday through Thursday and until 3pm on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
In a laid back setting Buttermilk Café cooks and prepares traditional American breakfast in New Braunfels from 7am to 2pm. Homestyle cooking for breakfast, lunch, and dinner is a specialty of Avery’s Kitchen who serves homemade biscuits, omelets, hashbrowns, and French toast from 8am to 3pm daily.
A diverse menu of traditional American favorites for breakfast near you in addition to lunch and dinner including savory sandwiches and burgers are provided at The Root Cellar from 8am to 9pm Tuesday through Sunday.
The Rooted Fork serves traditional breakfast in Cibolo with a modern twist from 7am to 2pmWednesday through Sunday.
Vegan & Vegetarian Breakfasts
Want to feel your best throughout the day? Then have your first meal at one of these healthy vegan or vegetarian breakfast spots in your area:
- Green Vegetarian Cuisine at 255 E Basse Rd #940
- Hash Vegan Eats at 5007 S Flores St
- Naturally Café at 2302 Gruene Lake Dr, New Braunfels
In a laid back and funky industrial setting Green Vegetarian Cuisine serves healthy and vegan versions of every day dishes.
Vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, and dairy free sandwiches, soups, salads, and quiches are served along with fresh juices and smoothies from 10am to 3pm on weekdays at Naturally Café.
Donuts Shops In San Antonio
On the other hand if you just want something that tastes delicious one of these local donut shops should suffice:
- Snowflake Donuts at 5802 Babcock Rd
- The Original Donut Shop at 3307 Fredericksburg Rd
- The Art Of Donut at 3428 N St Mary’s St
- ST Donuts at 9793 Culebra Rd
- Donut Palace at 113 IH 35 S, New Braunfels
- Cheers Donuts at 1300 Texas 123 #101, San Marcos
- Mochinut at 700 N LBJ Dr #102B, San Marcos
Snowflake Donuts excels at making traditional donuts, croissants, biscuits, and breakfast tacos for an early morning meal near you from 5am to 1pm Sunday through Thursday and until 2pm on Friday and Saturday.
Breakfast tacos and donuts are available at The Original Donuts Shop starting at 6am on most days and 7am on Sunday. ST Donuts provides a wide range of donuts, kolaches, croissant sandwiches, hot and iced coffees, smoothies, Thai tea, toaster sandwiches, cappuccino, and other beverages.
Naegelin’s German Bakery from an upcoming list sells really good donuts in San Antonio too.
Bagel Shops Near You
You should be able to find a wide variety of bagels and probably some breakfast sandwiches at:
- Chicago Bagel & Deli at 10918 Wurzbach Rd # 132
- Boss Bagel at 6458 N New Braunfels
- Einstein Bros Bagels at 156 TX-46 #100, New Braunfels
Bakeries will have many different types of foods that can kick your day off right:
- Chocollazo at 4013 Broadway
- Baklovah Bakery & Sweets at 9329 Wurzbach Rd #104
- Nadler’s Bakery & Deli at 1621 Babcock Rd
- La Panadería Bakery Café at 8305 Broadway
- Bakery Lorraine at 306 Pearl Pkwy #110
- Naegelin’s German Bakery at 129 S Seguin Ave, New Braunfels
- 2tarts Bakery at 139 N Castell #300, New Braunfels
- Dos Gatos Kolache Bakery at 700 N LBJ #102A, San Marcos
- Sugar Shack Bakery at 690 Centerpoint Rd #215, San Marcos
Baklovah Bakery and Sweets has some really good baked goods, Turkish coffee, and light bites like sandwiches. Box lunches, sweets, and specialty cakes such as carrot and Italian cream are available from 8am to 4pm Monday through Friday and from 9am on Saturday at Nadler’s Bakery and Deli.
La Panadera is a café and bakery specializing in long fermented breads, light meals, and coffee. Bakery Lorraine is a good place to eat local breakfast and lunch as well as get freshly baked pastries starting at 7am on weekdays and 8am on weekends.
In a bright and quirky setting 2tarts Bakery provides breakfasts and pastries in New Braunfels from 7am to 8pm Sunday through Thursday and until 10pm on Friday and Saturday.
Sugar Shack Bakery in San Marcos makes pastries from scratch, breakfast, and lunch with vegan, sugar free, and gluten free options from 8am to 5pm Wednesday through Saturday and 10am to 4pm on Sunday.
Cafes In Your Area
Get your caffeine boost when you pick up your coffee at one of these cafes in town:
- Barrio Barista at 3735 Culebra Rd
- CommonWealth at 224 W Evergreen
- PhiloÇoffee at 606 W French Pl
- Press Coffee at 4035 Broadway St
- Halcyon at 1414 S Alamo St
- New Braunfels Coffee at 489 Main Plaza, New Braunfels
- Forty Six Coffee House and Bakery at 801 W San Antonio St, New Braunfels
- Kahvie Café at 817 Chestnut St #221, San Marcos
- Jo’s Café at 310 Mary St, San Marcos
Barrio Barista serves local breakfast and lunch items along with coffee drinks throughout the week from 8am to 3pm except for Monday and Tuesday when they are closed.
Commonwealth makes authentic French pastries from scratch every day as well as breakfast and lunch plates along with coffee on weekdays from 7am to 6pm and 8am to 4pm on weekends.
Breakfast, lunch, pastries, and late night bites as well as coffee, tea, beer, and wine are available at PhiloÇoffee. Forty-Six Coffee House and Bakery is open from 9am to 2pm Monday through Saturday offering craft coffees, espresso sandwiches, baked pastries, and soups for lunch.
A unique selection of specialty drinks, coffee, and tasty food options are available from 8am to 4pm on weekdays and from 9am on weekends at Kahvie Café. Jo’s Cafe is a trendy spot for good coffee and a variety of hot breakfast options in San Marcos that is open at 7am daily.
Smoothies & Juice Bars
Usually these smoothie and juice bars will also sell some wraps, sandwiches, bowls, and other healthy food for your morning:
- Primal Juice & Smoothies at 9703 Bandera Rd #106
- Urth Juice Bar at 5317 McCullough Ave
- Farm to Juice at 1321 N Loop 1604 E #103
- Smoothies Extreme at 18402 US Hwy 281 N #105
- Revolucion Coffee + Juice at 7959 Broadway #500
- Smoothie Warriors at 330 N LBJ Dr, San Marcos
- Teapioca Lounge at 1504 Aquarena Springs Dr #306, San Marcos
- 1103 Nutrition at 2451 FM 1103 #105, Cibolo
- Intrinsic Nutrition at 513 Cibolo Valley Dr #113, Cibolo
Naturally Café and ST Donuts who we have mentioned before are also good places to find smoothies and healthy juices for a quick early morning meal.
All Day Breakfast Restaurants
When you want your bacon and eggs later in the day head to an all day breakfast restaurant in San Antonio:
- Max & Louie’s at 226 W Bitters Rd #126
- La Villita Café at 418 Villita St
- Union Station Diner at 512 E San Antonio St, New Braunfels
- Cafe on the Square at 126 N LBJ Dr, San Marcos
You can have breakfast all day in San Antonio at Max and Louie’s as well as choose from a range of traditional American comfort foods and sandwiches from 7am to 9pm. Breakfast is also served all day at La Villita Café along with a menu of really good beverages seven days a week from 8am to 5pm.
Breakfast is served from open until close at Union Station Diner which has 55 omelet options, biscuits and gravy, pancakes, waffles, and much more. There are delectable servings of traditional American dishes and breakfast plates all day at Café on the Square.
Other restaurants mentioned throughout the post serving all day breakfast in your area include The Magnolia Pancake Haus, Nola Brunch, Beignets, and Buttermilk Café.
You are also welcome to read our posts on:
Enjoy Your Breakfast In San Antonio
Well, we wish we had more to share but for now that is all we’ve got. After reading about all of those local breakfast spots to get your eggs, omelets, bacon, pancakes, or waffles as well as buffets, healthy vegetarian and vegan options, donut and bagel shops near you, cafes, smoothie and juice bars, and all day restaurants you should be ready for your next meal.
Do us and our future readers a favor by mentioning if we got anything incorrect in the comments, and feel free to share any early morning meal tips for your area that you may have too. Now go have fun enjoying your breakfast in San Antonio.