Hey there and thanks for checking out this post on the best places to eat breakfast in Minneapolis and St Paul. By the time you finish reading this you will be ready to rush out the door to eat a tasty meal.
Our opening section will discuss the best all-around brunch and breakfast restaurants in Minneapolis and St Paul. Whether you are searching for eggs, omelets, waffles, pancakes, cinnamon rolls, sandwiches, wraps, bacon, sausage, or any other delicious morning meal somewhere on that list should have you covered.
Then we will talk about healthy vegan and vegetarian breakfast options. Donuts, bagels, and bakeries will round out our next few topics.
After all of that is out of the way we will pivot to drinks and discuss local cafes to get your coffee as well as some more healthy stuff like smoothies and juices. Our final section will tell you about the best all day breakfast restaurants near you because this food tastes so great it shouldn’t only be limited to the morning hours.
Throughout the post any time a brunch buffet is available we will try to point that out, and you can also expect there to be a map for your area towards the end to help you find the closest spot. Anyone that is interested is welcome to check out our other blogs about breakfast in the Midwest right there.
Best Breakfast & Brunch Restaurants In Minneapolis & St Paul
If you are searching for places to eat your bacon, eggs, waffles, pancakes, omelets, or any early morning delight the best Minneapolis and St Paul breakfast and brunch restaurants are a good place to look:
- Hazel’s Northeast at 2859 Johnson St NE
- Tiny Diner at 1024 E 38th St
- Hi-Lo Diner at 4020 E Lake St
- Eggy’s Diner at 120 W 14th St
- The Uptowner Cafe on Grand at 1100 Grand Ave, St Paul
- Perkins Restaurant & Bakery at 8324 Lyndale Ave S, Bloomington
- FireLake Grill House & Cocktail Bar at 2100 Killebrew Dr, Bloomington
- 3 Squares Restaurant at 12690 Arbor Lakes Pkwy N, Maple Grove
- Buckboard at 8455 210th St W, Lakeville
- Woody’s Grille at 6399 City West Pkwy, Eden Prairie
Hazel’s Northeast is open from 8am to 8pm Tuesday through Saturday and until 2pm on Sunday serving elevated American home cooked foods all day in a cozy setting.
Tiny Diner is a retro modern eatery with a garden patio that is open every day from 8am to 9pm offering delicious breakfast options in your area.
American classics and homemade donuts are available at Hi-Lo Diner which is open at 9am Monday through Thursday and 8am on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
In a rustic chic setting Eggy’s Diner serves comfort foods for local breakfast and lunch from 7am to 3pm daily.
The Uptowner Café on Grand is open at 7am making great breakfast in St Paul every day of the week.
You can order baked goods, breakfast, and other diner style fare near you at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery seven days a week from 6am to 10pm.
Hearty classics as well as light and healthy fare are served for breakfast in Bloomington at FireLake Grill House which is open at 6:30am every day.
Buckboard is one of the best spots to go for breakfast in Lakeville from 6am to 2pm Monday through Saturday and 7am to 1:30pm on Sunday.
In a casual setting Woody’s Grille in Eden Prarie serves popular breakfast and lunch items from 8am to 2pm Sunday through Thursday and until 10pm on Friday and Saturday.
Vegan & Vegetarian Breakfasts
Have your first meal at one of these healthy vegan or vegetarian breakfast spots if you want to live your best life:
- Seed Plant-Based Café at 3252 W Lake St
- French Meadow Bakery & Café at 1662 Grand Ave
- Tao Organic Cafe + Herbery at 2200 Hennepin Ave S
- Hard Times Café at 1821 Riverside Ave
In a light filled space with modern decor Seed Plant-Based Cafe provides a menu of sweet and savory vegan dishes from 9am to 7:30pm on weekdays and until 4pm on weekends.
French Meadow Bakery starts serving healthy breakfast like organic fruit pancakes organic tofu scrambles, and avocado toast at 7am.
Healthy breakfast like avocado toast, vegan pancakes, and some options with tofu are available at Tao Organic Café starting at 9am.
Donuts Shops In Minneapolis & St Paul
On the other hand if you just want something that tastes delicious one of these local donut shops should suffice:
- Cardigan Donuts at 40 S 7th St #207
- Glam Doll Donuts at 2605 Nicollet Ave
- Baker’s Wife at 4200 S 28th Ave
- Bogart’s Doughnut Co at 904 W 36th St
- Mel-O-Glaze Bakery at 4800 28th Ave S
- Mojo Monkey Donuts at 1169 7th St W, St Paul
- Soga Mochi Donut at 633 W Minnehaha Ave #B, St Paul
- La Boulangerie Marguerite at 1279 Randolph Ave, St Paul
- Duck Donuts at 382 W Market, Bloomington
- Denny’s 5th Avenue Bakery at 7840 5th Ave S, Bloomington
Some of the best donuts in the Twin Cities are also available at Hi-Lo Diner from our initial list.
Bagel Shops Near You
You should be able to find a wide variety of bagels and probably some breakfast sandwiches at:
- St Paul Bagelry at 5426 Nicollet Ave
- Asa’s Bakery at 5011 34th Ave S
- Rise Bagel Co at 530 N Third St
- Bruegger’s Bagels at 800 Grand Ave, St Paul
- National Choice Bakery at 130 Hardman Ave, South St Paul
Bakeries will have many different types of foods that can kick your day off right:
- Black Walnut Bakery at 3157 Hennepin Ave S
- Honey & Rye Bakehouse at 4501 Excelsior Blvd
- Rustica at 3224 W Lake St
- Aki’s BreadHaus at 2506 Central Ave NE
- Cafe Latte at 850 Grand Ave, St Paul
- Rose Street Patisserie at 171 Snelling Ave N, St Paul
- Trung Nam French Bakery at 739 University Ave W, St Paul
- Cinnabon at E 180 Broadway, Bloomington
- Baking Betty’s at 392 W Market, Bloomington
- Crumbl Cookies at 11623 Fountains Dr, Maple Grove
- Dw’s Sweets and Treats at 99th Ave N, Maple Grove
- Cream Of The Cakes at 20655 Kenrick Ave, Lakeville
- A Forgetful Baker at 8781 Columbine Rd, Eden Prairie
Cafes In Your Area
Get your caffeine boost when you pick up your coffee at one of these cafes in town:
- Segue Coffee at 811 11th Ave S
- Caffetto Coffee Shop at 708 W 22nd St
- Muffin Top Cafe at 1424 Nicollet Ave
- Sparrow Café at 5001 Penn Ave S
- Five Watt Coffee at 3745 Nicollet Ave S
- Café Astoria at 180 Grand Ave, St Paul
- Claddagh Coffee at 459 7th St W, St Paul
- Cahoots Coffee Bar at 1562 Selby Ave, St Paul
- Mugshots Coffee Co at 10518 France Ave, Bloomington
- West Side Perk at 7700 W Old Shakopee Rd, Bloomington
- Daily Dose Cafe & Espresso at 15517 Grove Cir N, Maple Grove
- Tapestry Coffee at 20788 Holyoke Ave, Lakeville
- Caribou Coffee at 18444 Kenrick Ave, Lakeville
- 7 Corners Coffee at 6630 Shady Oak Rd, Eden Prairie
Smoothies & Juice Bars
Usually these smoothie and juice bars will also sell some wraps, sandwiches, bowls, and other healthy food for your morning:
- Impulse Juice Co at 1428 W 32nd St
- Vibe Organic Juice Bar at 4720 Excelsior Blvd
- Modern Press Juicery at 2839 Emerson Ave S
- The Dripping Root at 4002 Minnehaha Ave
- Plant Bar Cafe’ at 105 W University Ave, St Paul
- Jamba at 1577 Grand Ave, St Paul
- Rise Up Nutrition at 9925 Lyndale Ave S, Bloomington
- Elevate at 7402 Mitchell Rd, Eden Prairie
Café Astoria from a different list is also a good option for smoothies and juices for a healthy local breakfast.
All Day Breakfast Restaurants
When you want your bacon and eggs later in the day head to an all day breakfast restaurant in Minneapolis and St Paul:
- Hen House Eatery at 114 S 8th St
- Our Kitchen at 813 W 36th St
- Al’s Breakfast at 413 14th Ave SE
- Day by Day Café at 477 7th St W, St Paul
- Colossal Café at 1340 Grand Ave, St Paul
- Peoples Organic at 990 Prairie Center Dr, Eden Prairie
Breakfast is served all day in your area from 7am to 3pm on weekdays and until 2pm on weekends at Hen House Eatery.
Our Kitchen specializes in traditional all day American breakfast in Minneapolis and St Paul along with omelets and other egg dishes which are served along with coffee from 6:30am to 3pm on weekdays and 7am to 2pm on weekends.
Classic diner fare is served for breakfast near you from 6am to 1pm Monday through Saturday and until 9am on Sunday at Al’s Breakfast.
Day by Day Café features a patio with a koi pond and serves hearty breakfast fare all day in St Paul every day starting at 7am.
Hot breakfast staples, sandwiches, and pastries are available from 7am to 2pm Tuesday through Sunday at Colossal Café.
Peoples Organic is known for serving fair trade coffee and all day breakfast in Eden Prairie seven days a week from 8am to 8pm.
Daily Dose Cafe and Espresso from our best cafés list also serves local breakfast all day.
You are also welcome to read about:
- Our Favorite Breakfast Spots in Milwaukee
- Our Favorite Breakfast Spots in Chicago
- Our Favorite Breakfast Spots in Omaha
- Our Favorite Breakfast Spots in Winnipeg
Enjoy Your Breakfast In Minneapolis & St Paul
Well, we wish we had more to share but for now that is all we’ve got. After reading about all of those local breakfast spots to get your eggs, omelets, bacon, pancakes, or waffles as well as buffets, healthy vegetarian and vegan options, donut and bagel shops near you, cafes, smoothie and juice bars, and all day restaurants you should be ready for your next meal.
Do us and our future readers a favor by mentioning if we got anything incorrect in the comments, and feel free to share any early morning meal tips for your area that you may have too. Now go have fun enjoying your breakfast in Minneapolis and St Paul.