Welcome to this post on the best places to eat breakfast in Tampa Bay and St Petersburg. By the time you finish reading this you will be ready to rush out the door to eat a tasty meal.
Our opening section will discuss the best all-around brunch and breakfast restaurants in Tampa Bay and St Petersburg. Whether you are searching for eggs, omelets, waffles, pancakes, cinnamon rolls, sandwiches, wraps, bacon, sausage, or any other delicious morning meal somewhere on that list should have you covered.
Then we will talk about healthy vegan and vegetarian breakfast options. Donuts, bagels, and bakeries will round out our next few topics.
After all of that is out of the way we will pivot to drinks and discuss local cafes to get your coffee as well as some more healthy stuff like smoothies and juices. Our final section will tell you about the best all day breakfast restaurants near you because this food tastes so great it shouldn’t only be limited to the morning hours.
Throughout the post any time a brunch buffet is available we will try to point that out, and you can also expect there to be a map for your area towards the end to help you find the closest spot. Anyone that is interested is welcome to check out our other posts on the Southeast right there.
Best Breakfast & Brunch Restaurants In Tampa Bay & St Petersburg
If you are searching for places to eat your bacon, eggs, waffles, pancakes, omelets, or any early morning delight the best Tampa Bay and St Petersburg breakfast and brunch restaurants are a good place to look:
- Élevage at 1207 S Howard Ave
- Pachs Place Restaurant at 601 S Dale Mabry Hwy
- Mom’s Place Restaurant at 4816 N Dale Mabry Hwy
- The Brunchery at 3225 S MacDill Ave
- Cask at 208 S Howard Ave
- The Wooden Rooster at 104 2nd Ave NE, St Petersburg
- Skyway Café at 11140 4th St N, St Petersburg
- The Frog Pond at 890 Third Ave S, St Petersburg
- Beach Shanty Café at 397 Mandalay Ave, Clearwater
- The Wooden Spoon Diner at 865 Lithia Pinecrest Rd, Brandon
- Breakfast Station at 8405 Northcliffe Blvd, Spring Hill
- Theresa’s Restaurant at 711 Manatee Ave E, Bradenton
Élevage is an upscale all day breakfast restaurant in your area offering creative takes on American classics from 7am to 10pm on weekdays and from 10am on weekends.
Traditional home cooked dishes like omelets, eggs Benedict, more are available seven days a week from 6am to 2:30pm at Pachs Place Restaurant.
Classic breakfasts in Tampa Bay as well as lunch and unique Greek specialties are served in a laid back setting from 6am to 3pm Monday through Saturday and 7am to 10pm on Sunday at Mom’s Place Restaurant.
The Brunchery is known to make some of the best French toast near you along with sandwiches and other breakfast, brunch, and lunch fare seven days a week from 7am to 2pm.
Cask serves up new American fare with a Southern twist all throughout the week except for Friday when they are closed.
The Wooden Rooster is a good place to eat breakfast in St Petersburg starting at 7am and their homemade crepes are excellent.
Skyway Café is a quaint eatery with living room style décor and sidewalk tables that serves hearty American breakfast all day from 7am to 2:30pm six days a week.
In a relaxed setting The Frog Pond serves American comfort food for breakfast and lunch along with coffee and other drinks from 7:30am to 2pm daily.
You can eat local breakfast and brunch in Clearwater every day of the week from 7am to 4pm at Beach Shanty Café.
Classic American breakfast and lunch staples in Brandon including great eggs and biscuits are served Tuesday through Sunday at The Wooden Spoon Diner starting at 7am.
Breakfast Station is a breakfast and lunch spot in Spring Hill known for its train themed décor and delectable homemade foods which are available from 7am to 3pm seven days a week.
Some of the items served at Theresa’s Restaurant in Bradenton include omelets, deli sandwiches, and excellent breakfast burgers.
Vegan & Vegetarian Breakfasts
Want to feel your best throughout the day? Then have your first meal at one of these healthy vegan or vegetarian breakfast spots:
- Healthy N’ Fresh Café at 3648 Henderson Blvd
- The Sage Biscuit Café at 1401 Manatee Ave W, Bradenton
Healthy N’ Fresh Café is open from 8am to 4pm Tuesday through Friday and 9am to 3pm on Saturday and Monday serving a variety of healthy breakfasts near you including veggie omelets, avocado toast, smoothies, juices, and more. They do have some dishes with meat available as well.
Plenty of vegan and vegetarian breakfast offerings in Bradenton are offered at Sage Biscuit Café from 7am to 3pm seven days a week.
Donuts Shops In Tampa Bay & St Petersburg
On the other hand if you just want something that tastes delicious one of these local donut shops should suffice:
- Simply Done Donuts at 2109 S Dale Mabry Hwy
- Nicola’s Donuts at 902 W Busch Blvd
- Hole In One Donuts at 14404 N Florida Ave
- Local Mini Donut Co at 411 N Florida Ave
- Fray’s Donut House at 5236 16th St N, St Petersburg
- Daddies Donuts & Delites at 449 Central Ave #102, St Petersburg
- Cosmic Donuts at 10468 Roosevelt Blvd N, St Petersburg
- Van Dough Mini Donuts & Coffee at 2519 McMullen Booth Rd #207, Clearwater
- Krispy Kreme at 2128 W Brandon Blvd, Brandon
- The Farm House at 902 Manatee Ave E, Bradenton
- Five-O Donut Co at 5942 34th St W #116, Bradenton
You can also buy high quality donuts in the Tampa Bay Metro at St Pete Bagel Co from our next list.
Bagel Shops Near You
You should be able to find a wide variety of bagels and probably some breakfast sandwiches at:
- New York Bagel at 4534 W Village Dr
- Bagel’s Plus at 2706 E Fletcher Ave
- Bruegger’s Bagels at 501 E Kennedy Blvd
- Einstein Bros Bagels at 5003 E Fowler Ave
- St Pete Bagel Co at 7043 4th St N, St Petersburg
- Bella’s at 7100 Central Ave, St Petersburg
- Pete’s General at 2359 1st Ave S, St Petersburg
- Clearwater Bagels at 1871 Gulf To Bay Blvd, Clearwater
- Brandon Bagels & Deli at 942 W Brandon Blvd, Brandon
- Manatee at Ave W #301, Bradenton
- Jersey Girl Bagels at 5275 University Pkwy #103, Bradenton
Bakeries will have many different types of foods that can kick your day off right:
- Alessi Bakery at 2909 W Cypress St
- Sucré Table at 4048 W Kennedy Blvd
- Florida Bakery at 3320 W Columbus Dr
- Sorrento Sweets at 716 S Village Cir
- Cafe Mozart at 6754 4th St N, St Petersburg
- Valhalla Bakery at 2462 Central Ave, St Petersburg
- Southern Bay Bakery at 1961 4th Street N, St Petersburg
- HaleLife Bakery at 3351 Tech Dr N #13, Clearwater
- Moreno Bakery at 737 W Brandon Blvd, Brandon
- Cupcake Heaven at 2721 Forest Rd, Spring Hill
- Cremesh Coffee & Bakery at 1822 59th St W, Bradenton
Many people buy custom decorated cakes, iced cookies, cupcakes, and other sweet treats at Moreno Bakery plus it is a great place to eat breakfast in Tampa Bay starting at 7am Monday through Saturday and 9am on Sunday.
Cremesh Coffee and Bakery specializes in European style pastries, cookies, custom cakes, and roulade in addition to coffee, sandwiches, quiches, soups, and other quick bites that are available from 7am to 3pm on weekdays and 8am to 2pm on Saturday.
Cafes In Your Area
Get your caffeine boost when you pick up your coffee at one of these cafes in town:
- Cafe Hey at 1540 N Franklin St
- Jet City Espresso at 318 S Edison Ave
- Spaddy’s Coffee Co at 5206 N Florida Ave
- The Lab Coffee at 1703 W State St
- Buddy Brew Coffee at 2020 W Kennedy Blvd
- Kahwa Coffee at 204 2nd Ave S, St Petersburg
- Southside Coffee at 3922 6th St S, St Petersburg
- Black Crow Coffee at 722 2nd St N, St Petersburg
- Restoration Café at 38 N Ft Harrison Ave, Clearwater
- Just Love Coffee at 2020 W Brandon Blvd #105, Brandon
- Kefi Streetside Café at 1201 6th Ave W, Bradenton
Cafe Hey is open from 7am to 3pm on weekdays and from 9am on weekends featuring exposed brick walls which set comfort for specialty coffee and light fare.
You can get freshly baked scones, fresh eggs, and sandwiches that are paleo and gluten free along with signature coffees and smoothies at Jet City Espresso for a tasty breakfast in your area from 8am to 2pm on weekdays and from 9am on weekends.
Spaddy’s Coffee Co is a locally owned shop serving specialty coffees, tea, cookies, Cuban bread, and light bites from 7am to 2pm daily.
Hand brewed specialty coffee, freshly prepared waffles, and plenty more early morning meals in Brandon are available seven days a week from 7am to 5pm at Just Love Coffee.
Smoothies & Juice Bars
Usually these smoothie and juice bars will also sell some wraps, sandwiches, bowls, and other healthy food for your morning:
- Xtreme Juice at 619 S Dale Mabry Hwy
- Raw Smoothie Co at 408 N Howard Ave
- Soho Juice Co at 500 S Howard Ave #C
- Nekter Juice Bar at 4009 W Kennedy Blvd
- Karma Juice Bar & Eatery at 1113 Central Ave, St Petersburg
- Squeeze Juice Works at 675 30th Ave N, St Petersburg
- The Healthy Hive at 1891 N Highland Ave, Clearwater
- Planet Smoothie at 1931 W Lumsden Rd, Brandon
- Smoothie King at 2097 Mariner Blvd, Spring Hill
- Maxx Nutrition & Smoothies at 4834 14th St W, Bradenton
Don’t forget about the smoothies at Jet City Espresso from our previous list.
All Day Breakfast Restaurants
When you want your bacon and eggs later in the day head to an all day breakfast restaurant in Tampa Bay and St Petersburg:
- Daily Eats at 901 S Howard Ave
- Mamas Kitchen at 9312 N Florida Ave
- Three Coins Diner at 7410 N Nebraska Ave
- Trip’s Diner at 2339 Martin Luther King Jr St N, St Petersburg
- The Burg Diner at 2950 49th St N, St Petersburg
- Remy’s Café at 1565 S Highland Ave, Clearwater
- Breakfast Station at 8405 Northcliffe Blvd, Spring Hill
Daily Eats is an upscale modern diner serving sandwiches, salads, and breakfast all day near you from 7:30am to 8pm on weekdays and from 8am on weekends. American breakfast is served all day throughout the week at Mamas Kitchen starting at 7am.
In a Formica setting Three Coins Diner serves great breakfast in Tampa Bay 24 hours a day seven days a week along with lunch and dinner offerings.
Local breakfast favorites, sandwiches, salads, and other homestyle American mains are offered from 7am to 9pm Monday through Saturday at Trip’s Diner in St Petersburg.
Remy’s Café in Clearwater excels at providing a coastal homestyle menu including homemade omelets, sandwiches, salads, and other items from 7am to 2:30pm daily.
Pachs Place Restaurant and Skyway Café from our other lists offer all day breakfast in your area too.
You are also welcome to read our posts on how to find the:
- Best Pancakes & Waffles in Miami
- Best Pancakes & Waffles in Orlando
- Best Pancakes & Waffles in Cape Coral & Ft Myers
- Best Pancakes & Waffles in Jacksonville
Enjoy Your Breakfast In Tampa Bay & St Petersburg
Well, we wish we had more to share but for now that is all we’ve got. After reading about all of those local breakfast spots to get your eggs, omelets, bacon, pancakes, or waffles as well as buffets, healthy vegetarian and vegan options, donut and bagel shops near you, cafes, smoothie and juice bars, and all day restaurants you should be ready for your next meal.
Do us and our future readers a favor by mentioning if we got anything incorrect in the comments, and feel free to share any early morning meal tips for your area that you may have too. Now go have fun enjoying your breakfast in Tampa Bay and St Petersburg.