Hello and welcome to this post on the best places to eat breakfast in Charlotte. By the time you finish reading this you will be ready to rush out the door to eat a tasty meal.
Our opening section will discuss the best all-around brunch and breakfast restaurants in Charlotte. Whether you are searching for eggs, omelets, waffles, pancakes, cinnamon rolls, sandwiches, wraps, bacon, sausage, or any other delicious morning meal somewhere on that list should have you covered.
Then we will talk about healthy vegan and vegetarian breakfast options. Donuts, bagels, and bakeries will round out our next few topics.
After all of that is out of the way we will pivot to drinks and discuss local cafes to get your coffee as well as some more healthy stuff like smoothies and juices. Our final section will tell you about the best all day breakfast restaurants near you because this food tastes so great it shouldn’t only be limited to the morning hours.
Throughout the post any time a brunch buffet is available we will try to point that out, and you can also expect there to be a map for your area towards the end to help you find the closest spot. Anyone that is interested is welcome to check out our other posts on this area of the world right there.
Best Breakfast & Brunch Restaurants In Charlotte
If you are searching for places to eat your bacon, eggs, waffles, pancakes, omelets, or any early morning delight the best Charlotte breakfast and brunch restaurants are a good place to look:
- Merts Heart & Soul at 214 N College St
- Original Pancake at 915 Charlottetown Ave
- Eddies Place Restaurant at 617 S Sharon Amity Rd
- Haberdish at 3106 N Davidson St
- Breakfastime at 1170 Copperfield Blvd NE, Concord
- Waffle House at 1845 Remount Rd, Gastonia
- Rock Hill Diner at 2254 Cherry Rd, Rock Hill
- Metro Diner at 14211 Reese Blvd, Huntersville
Original Pancake House offers apple crepes, Spanish omelets, chicken salad sandwiches, fajita crepes, and other tasty well-portioned items. Eddie’s Place is famous for its She Crab Soup, local all-day breakfast, giant Muffalatta sandwiches, Reuben, hamburgers, Cajun dishes, and popular weekend Brunch specials.
Breakfast is served all day in your area at Metro Diner including the signature bissel breakfast platter, eggs benedict, a triple-decker Metro Club sandwich, mimosas, fried chicken, and waffles.
Vegan & Vegetarian Breakfasts
Want to feel your best throughout the day? Then have your first meal at one of these healthy vegan or vegetarian breakfast spots:
- Living Kitchen at 2000 South Blvd # 300
- Bean Vegan Cuisine at 3001 E Independence Blvd
- Sprouts Café at 1012 S New Hope Rd, Gastonia
Living Kitchen offers a diverse menu of conventional and creative foods including plant-based versions of many popular dishes such as pizza, burgers, Pad Thai and Sushi and they usually open at 9am from Monday to Saturday but on Sunday they open at 10 am.
Bean Vegan Cuisine serves breakfast with items such as southern fingers and waffles, BBQ grit bowl, and build your scrambles on Saturdays and Sundays at 11am.
Sprouts Cafe serves vegetarian garden-fresh wraps, sandwiches, and flatbreads from Tuesday through Sunday starting at 10am and they also have one of the best brunches near you that is provided on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday with fresh, vegetarian, and nutritious options.
Donuts Shops In Charlotte
On the other hand if you just want something that tastes delicious one of these local donut shops should suffice:
- Duck Donuts at 1710 Kenilworth Ave
- Suarez Bakery at 4245 Park Rd
- Pepperbox Doughnuts at 101 W Worthington Ave
- OMG Donuts & Bakery at 10005 Weddington Rd Ext, Concord
- Yummm Donut at 2516 E Franklin Blvd #9, Gastonia
Duck Donuts opens its doors on weekdays at 6am but on weekends they open at 7am. Suarez Bakery is available daily at 9am from Monday to Saturday but on Sunday they open at 10am.
Pepperbox Doughnuts is usually open at 7am.
Bagel Shops Near You
You should be able to find a wide variety of bagels and probably some breakfast sandwiches at:
- Poppy’s Bagels at 2921 Providence Rd
- Bagel Bin at 16709 Orchard Stone Run
- Manhattan Bagel at 8040 Providence Rd #200
- Bruegger’s Bagels at 106 S Sharon Amity Rd
- Rock Hill Bagels & Deli at 1912 Mt Gallant Rd #108, Rock Hill
Manhattan Bagel delivers freshly baked New York-style bagels, delectable local breakfast and lunch sandwiches, salads, bakery-fresh treats, frozen drinks, and 100% Arabica artisan-roasted coffee.
Bruegger’s serves authentic New York-style kettle-boiled bagels, stone-hearth-baked bagels, an extensive range of Vermont-made cream cheeses, freshly cooked breakfast and lunch sandwiches, garden-fresh salads, hearty soups, desserts, and custom-roasted coffee.
Rock Hill Bagels & Deli serves bagels, paninis, omelets, sandwiches, salads, and more.
Bakeries will have many different types of foods that can kick your day off right:
- Jazzy Cheesecakes at 9402 Northlake W Dr #102
- Villani’s Bakery at 901 Pecan Ave
- The Batchmaker at 901 Berryhill Rd
- Local Loaf at 800 E 35th St
- Amélie’s French Bakery & Café at 157 E Main St, Rock Hill
- The Bakery Shoppe at 9606 Sherrill Estates Rd, Huntersville
Villani’s Bakery is usually open at 7am every day, while The Batchmaker opens its door at 8am from Tuesday to Saturday. Local Loaf usually opens at 8am Wednesday to Sunday and they serve eggs and cheese, waffles, pancakes, French toast, eggs benedict, and build your omelets for a great breakfast in your area.
Amélie’s offers French pastries and a breakfast menu that includes yogurt and homemade granola, quiche du jour, and crustless quiche.
Cafes In Your Area
Get your caffeine boost when you pick up your coffee at one of these cafes in town:
- Smelly Cat Coffee House & Roastery at 514 E 36th St
- Roots Café at 2135 Southend Dr #109
- The Percantile and Creamery at 8635 Concord Mills Boulevard, Concord
- Waterbean Coffee at 9705 Sam Furr Rd #A, Huntersville
- French Express Coffee House at 2087 Dale Earnhardt Blvd, Kannapolis
Smelly Cat Coffeehouse & Roastery serves coffee, tea, a breakfast menu with buttermilk biscuits, other baked goods, snacks prepared from scratch, a cocktail menu with hot and cold spirits, and a cold brew tap list.
Smoothies & Juice Bars
Usually these smoothie and juice bars will also sell some wraps, sandwiches, bowls, and other healthy food for your morning:
- Clean Juice at 7918 Rea Rd # D
- Green Brothers Juice Co. at 2230 Park Rd #103
- Hip Hop Smoothies at 249 Mt Holly-Huntersville Rd #210
- Tropical Smoothie Cafe at 8948 J M Keynes Dr # 410
- Smoothie King at 360 Exchange St NW #105, Concord
- Fresh Vibes Juice Bar & Coffee Shop at 1675 Ebenezer Rd, Rock Hill
- Pulp Juice & Smoothie Bar at 1525 Celanese Rd, Rock Hill
Tropical Smoothie Café opens at 9am and they serve toasted flatbreads, wraps, sandwiches, quesadillas, and bowls in addition to healthy smoothies for breakfast near you.
Clean Juice is open daily at 7am on weekdays but on Saturday they open at 8am and 9am on Sundays and their local breakfast menu includes sandwiches, salads, toasts, and wraps.
Green Brothers Juice Co. opens its door every day at 8am and they have several gluten-free and vegan baked goods.
Pulp Juice and Smoothie Bar provide party platters with freshly prepared wraps and nutritious salads and you can visit them at 7am on weekdays but on weekends they open at 9am.
All Day Breakfast Restaurants
When you want your bacon and eggs later in the day head to an all day breakfast restaurant in Charlotte:
- Flying Biscuit at 4241 Park Rd
- Famous Toastery at 330 S Tryon St
- RedEye Diner at 210 E Trade St C149
- Pancake House at 1700 N Chester St, Gastonia
Flying Biscuit is known for serving all day breakfast in your area with a great selection of dishes including omelets, scrambles, chicken and waffles, as well as a vegan and vegetarian menu.
Famous Toastery’s early morning menu includes omelets, avocado toast, mac n cheese, breakfast pizza, and gluten-free versions of flapjacks, waffles, and French toast.
RedEye Diner offers all day breakfast near you with AA grade farm fresh eggs, excellent omelets, waffles, and pancakes.
Original Pancake House, Waffle House, Eddie’s Place and Metro Diner from our previous list also have local all day breakfast menus.
You are also welcome to read our posts on:
- Bacon, Eggs & Pancakes in Raleigh
- Bacon, Eggs & Pancakes in Asheville
- Bacon, Eggs & Pancakes in Winston-Salem
- Bacon, Eggs & Pancakes in Charleston
Enjoy Your Breakfast In Charlotte
Well, we wish we had more to share but for now that is all we’ve got. After reading about all of those local breakfast spots to get your eggs, omelets, bacon, pancakes, or waffles as well as buffets, healthy vegetarian and vegan options, donut and bagel shops near you, cafes, smoothie and juice bars, and all day restaurants you should be ready for your next meal.
Do us and our future readers a favor by mentioning if we got anything incorrect in the comments, and feel free to share any early morning meal tips for your area that you may have too. Now go have fun enjoying your breakfast in Charlotte.