All of you that found our blog better be ready to take a deep dive into the best places to eat breakfast in Atlanta. Our only real goal is to help you find the right meal to kick start your day.
The best all-around brunch and breakfast restaurants in Atlanta will be where we begin. We know that many of you will be trying to find delicious eggs, omelets, waffles, pancakes, cinnamon rolls, sandwiches, wraps, bacon, sausage, or more and the spots on that list will have what you are after.
Up next we will get into healthy vegan and vegetarian breakfast options in your area. Our next few subjects are pretty similar with local bakeries, donut, and bagel shops.
Drinks will be our next focus as cafes to get your coffee as well as some more healthy options like smoothies and juice bars get a mention. All day breakfast restaurants near you will wrap this up because we know that the morning hours are not the only time to indulge, and we will try to mention any brunch buffets throughout the post when applicable.
Towards the conclusion you will find a map with every place we mention pinned on it, and anyone that wants to check out our other posts on where to eat your breakfast in the Southeast is welcome to do so right there.
Best Atlanta Breakfast & Brunch Restaurants
You will have a good chance of finding the best bacon, eggs, waffles, pancakes, omelets, and more if you eat at the best Atlanta breakfast and brunch restaurants:
- Breakfast At Barney’s at 349 Decatur St SE
- Atlanta Breakfast Club at 249 Ivan Allen Jr Blvd NW
- Murphy’s Restaurant at 997 Virginia Ave NE
- Joy Café at 1100 Peachtree St NE #110
- J Christopher’s at 227 Sandy Springs Pl NE, Sandy Springs
- Fellows Café at 1088 Green St, Roswell
- Eggs Up Grill at 4401 Shallowford Rd, Roswell
- Piccadilly at 2449 Godby Rd, College Park
- Huskey’s Kitchen at 1900 2nd Ave, Decatur
- Derek’s Breakfast & Lunch at 1779 Canton Rd NE, Marietta
- Rising Son at 124 N Avondale Rd, Avondale Estates
- Hen Mother Cookhouse at 11705 Jones Bridge Rd #B201, Johns Creek
- Secreto Kitchen at 3575 Durden Dr NE #201, Brookhaven
Breakfast at Barney’s serves brunch with a Southern twist all day as well as smoothies and coffee from 7am to 8pm daily. Down home fare as well as American classics are offered every day from 6:30am to 3pm at Atlanta Breakfast Club.
Murphy’s is a favorite for refined local American breakfast, brunch, and baked goods on weekdays starting at 11am and 8:30am on weekends. Brunch, sandwiches, and salads are available at Joy Café.
J Christopher’s is a breakfast and brunch restaurant near you serving American classics all day like omelets and eggs Benedict every day from 7am to 2pm.
Fellows Café serves breakfast, brunch, lunch, baked goods, and coffee throughout the day starting at 8am. Breakfast burgers and sandwiches are available from 6am to 2:30pm at Eggs Up Grill.
A breakfast buffet in your area is offered on weekdays from 7:30am to 10:30am at Piccadilly.
Huskey’s is best known for its chicken and waffles. Derek’s offers hearty country breakfasts in Marieta along with generous lunch portions seven days a week. Southern breakfast and lunch classics are served with a modern twist at Rising Son throughout the week from 9am to 2:30pm except for Monday and Tuesday when they are closed.
Hen Mother Cookhouse excels at providing traditional breakfast and brunch in John’s Creek from 7am to 2pm Tuesday through Friday and 7:30pm to 2:30pm on weekends. Southern cuisine and brunch classics are provided at Secreto.
No disrespect to Waffle House who has more than 100 locations in the metro area. Don’t worry, they will get a mention again soon.
Vegan & Vegetarian Breakfasts
Have your first meal at one of these healthy vegan or vegetarian breakfast spots if you want to live your best life:
- Flour + Time at 121 Center St. Avondale Estates
- MetroFresh at 931 Monroe Dr
- Kale Me Crazy at 4600 Roswell Rd #B140, Sandy Springs
- Gregory’s Atlanta Vegan Breakfast at 114 Bulloch Ave, Roswell
- Get Fruity Café at 3707 Main St, College Park
- Good Kitchen + Market at 116 Margaret Ave NE, Marietta
Flour + Time is open from 7am to 2pm Wednesday through Sunday serving tasty vegan treats for a little plant based indulgence during breakfast or lunch.
MetroFresh provides a daily menu of soups, salads, sandwiches, breakfast and dinner entrees, and small plates that are made from locally grown, fresh, and seasonal organic ingredients.
Kale Me Crazy is open on weekdays from 7am to 8:30pm, 9am to 8pm on Saturday, and until 6pm on Sunday serving juices, smoothies, salads, and wraps. Vegan breakfast in Roswell is served at Gregory’s from 9am to 3pm except for Tuesday and Wednesday when they are closed.
Get Fruity Café provides delectable gourmet wraps and salads as well as dairy and nondairy smoothies starting at 10am. Wraps and salads are available at Good Kitchen + Market from 8am to 8pm Monday through Saturday.
Donuts Shops In Atlanta
Or just eat something delicious at one of these donut shops near you:
- Dutch Monkey Doughnuts at 3075 Ronald Reagan Blvd #502
- DaVinci’s Donuts at 3393 Peachtree Rd
- Sublime Doughnuts at 535 10th St NW
- Vegan Dream Doughnuts at 576 Lee St SW E
- Sarah Donuts at 663 Holcomb Bridge Rd, Roswell
- Ray’s Donuts at 2106 Candler Rd, Decatur
- Doughnut Dollies at 724 Cherokee St NE #D, Marietta
- Dough In The Box at 3184 Austell Rd SW, Marietta
- Marietta Donuts at 1282 Johnson Ferry Rd #109, Marietta
Dutch Monkey makes donuts in Atlanta from scratch and serves them with coffee and espresso from 7am to 12pm Wednesday through Friday and until 2pm on weekends. DaVinci’s is open every day serving gourmet donuts and coffee starting at 8am.
Sublime serves unique donuts in your area 24 hours a day like maple-bacon-cheddar and red velvet. You can get donuts, cinnamon rolls, and sea moss drinks at Vegan Dream.
Sarah excels at providing handmade donuts, breakfast specials, and coffee from 5:30am to 2pm Monday through Saturday.
Ray’s is one of the go to places for donuts in Decatur along with hot sandwiches, croissants, bagels, burritos, and boba drinks. Seasonal donuts with creative toppings are sold at Doughnut Dollies from 7am to 4pm Tuesday through Friday and from 8am on weekends.
Dough in the Box takes pride in producing authentic, fresh, California style donuts as well as sandwiches and bagels starting at 5am Tuesday through Saturday.
Breakfast items like croissants, bagels, and biscuits as well as coffees and many more beverages are served seven days a week at Marietta Donuts. Ceg Bakery from our best bakeries list sells really good donuts too.
Local Bagel Shops
Expect to find a wide variety of bagels and probably even some breakfast sandwiches at:
- Goldbergs Fine Foods at 1272 W Paces Ferry Rd NW
- Jack’s New Yorker Deli at 3333 Piedmont Rd NE #120
- 101 Bagel Café at 2955 Cobb Pkwy SE #240
- Emerald City Bagels at 1257A Glenwood Ave SE
- City Bagel and Café at 334 Sandy Springs Cir, Sandy Springs
- Bagel Boys Café at 6355 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Sandy Springs
- B-Side at 151 Sycamore St, Decatur
- Hoboken Bread & Bagel Co at 1033 Sandy Plains Rd, Marietta
There are also tasty bagels near you sold at places from some different lists including Ray’s Donuts, Dough in the Box, and Marietta Donuts.
There are lots of bakeries around town that have good early morning options:
- Highland Bakery at 655 Highland Ave NE
- Sweet Cheats at 692-B Kirkwood Ave SE
- Southern Sweets Bakery at 186 Rio Cir, Decatur
- Douceur De France at 277 S Marietta Pkwy SW, Marietta
- Patio Café & Bakery at 5950 G State Bridge Rd, Johns Creek
- Seven Sisters Kitchen at 6955 McGinnis Ferry Rd, Johns Creek
Highland is a Southern style café and bakery providing all day breakfast in Atlanta along with freshly baked pastries from 7:30am to 2pm. Pastries, cakes, sandwiches, and cookies as well as breakfast dishes and soups are served at Southern Sweets Bakery.
Sweet Cheats is a bakery and coffee shop that is open from 8am to 4pm Tuesday through Saturday and 9am to 3pm on Sunday offering cupcakes, cruffles, custom cakes, and catering for parties, weddings, and corporate events.
Douceur De France has local breakfast paninis, omelets, quiches, croque monsieur, Tourte au poulet, crêpes, croissants, and other authentic French pastries from 7am to 6pm Monday through Saturday.
Patio Café and Bakery serves classic baked goods, café fare, and casseroles to go from 9am to 7pm Monday through Thursday and until 4pm on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
Homemade scones, coffee, and tea as well as breakfast and lunch items are served from 8am to 3pm Tuesday through Saturday and 8:30am to 2:30pm on Sunday at Seven Sisters Kitchen.
Cafes In Your Area
Kick your day off with a caffeine blast at one of these cafes:
- Café Vendôme at 4969 Roswell Rd #155
- Joe’s East Atlanta Coffee Shop at 510 Flat Shoals Ave SE
- Grant Park Coffeehouse at 8 Park Pl NE
- Café I Am at 5825 Mountain Creek Rd NE #A, Sandy Springs
- Kavarna at 707B E Lake Dr, Decatur
- Cool Beans Coffee at 31 Mill St NE #100, Marietta
- Banjo Coffee at 38 N Avondale Rd, Avondale Estates
- Alchemist Trading Co at 9700 Medlock Bridge Rd #138, Johns Creek
Café Vendome is a good place to try handmade traditional French pastries, breads, sandwiches, and quiches from 8am to 4pm Monday through Saturday and from 8:30am on Sunday. Joe’s East Atlanta is open every day from 7am to 5pm.
Light breakfast, sandwiches, and pastries are served on weekdays from 7am to 4pm and from 8am on Saturday at Grant Park Coffeehouse.
Café I Am’s menu features premium coffees, teas, specialty baked goods, salads, paninis, and soups.
Smoothies & Juice Bars
Wraps, sandwiches, bowls, and other healthy food for your morning should also be available at these smoothie and juice bars:
- Juiceheads at 2591 Piedmont Rd NE #1110
- Veda Juice at 365 Peachtree Hills Ave NE #105
- Paradise Smoothie Juice Bar at 2841 Greenbriar Pkwy SW
- The Raw Experience at 5975 Roswell Rd #205, Sandy Springs
- Rush Bowls at 1110 Hammond Dr, Sandy Springs
- JuicyDrop at 119 E Ponce de Leon Ave, Decatur
- UpDog Smoothies and Juices at 107 Church St, Marietta
- Yom at 1809 Canton Rd, Marietta
- JuiceSide at 3005 Old Alabama Rd #30, Johns Creek
Plenty of other places we have mentioned throughout the post serve smoothies early in the morning in your area like Kale Me Crazy, Get Fruity Café, and Bagel Boys Café.
All Day Breakfast Restaurants
When you want your bacon and eggs on your own schedule visit an Atlanta all day breakfast restaurant:
- Sun in My Belly at 2161 College Ave NE
- West Egg Café at 1100 Howell Mill Rd
- Folk Art Restaurant at 465 N Highland Ave NE
- Ria’s Bluebird at 421 Memorial Dr SE
- Sandy Springs Diner at 8612 Roswell Rd, Sandy Springs
- Flying Biscuit Café at 5975 Roswell Rd, Sandy Springs
- Waffle House at 4852 Old National Hwy, College Park
- The Breakfast Boys at 3387 Main St, College Park
- Effin Egg at 201 W Ponce De Leon, Decatur
- Kafenio at 2700 E College Ave, Avondale Estates
Sun in My Belly is an American Diner offering all day breakfast in Atlanta as well as lunch from 8am to 3pm. Local southern style breakfast is served all day at West Egg Café starting at 8am.
All day homestyle brunch is offered at Folk Restaurant. Ria’s is a laid back spot serving brunch, biscuits, and rum soaked French toast from 9am to 3pm.
Sandy Springs Diner is an all day breakfast spot offering homestyle American plates and sandwiches from 8:30am to 8:30pm daily. Flying Biscuit Café is known for its all day breakfast and Southern cuisine.
Waffle House serves breakfast as well as American diner fare 24 hours a day and obviously there are many many more locations than the one we put here but we don’t like having chains clog up our lists. The Breakfast Boys prepares French toast, jerk chicken and waffles, eggs, and bacon in College Park on weekdays from 8am to 2pm and until 5pm on weekends.
Effin Egg has a variety of egg based breakfast items in Decatur including sandwiches, tacos, and cinnamon rolls seven days a week from 7am to 5pm. All day breakfast, gyros, salads, wraps, and beverages are offered from 9am to 9pm at Kafenio.
Other places we have mentioned throughout the post that have all day breakfast near you include Breakfast at Barney’s and J Christopher’s.
Just in case you were interested we have also written about:
Enjoy Your Breakfast In Atlanta
For now that is all we have to mention but check back often because we plan to update this page throughout the year. Now that you know about all of those local breakfast spots to get your eggs, omelets, bacon, pancakes, or waffles as well as buffets, healthy vegetarian and vegan options, donut and bagel shops near you, cafes, smoothie and juice bars, and all day restaurants you can tackle the morning.
Don’t be afraid to mention if we got anything incorrect in the comments, and feel free to share any early morning meal tips for your area that you may have too. Now go have fun enjoying your breakfast in Atlanta.