We hope that everyone reading this is ready to take a deep dive into the best places to eat breakfast in Knoxville. Our only real goal is to help you find the right meal to kick start your day.
The best all-around brunch and breakfast restaurants in Knoxville will be where we begin. We know that many of you will be trying to find delicious eggs, omelets, waffles, pancakes, cinnamon rolls, sandwiches, wraps, bacon, sausage, or more and the spots on that list will have what you are after.
Up next we will get into healthy vegan and vegetarian breakfast options in your area. Our next few subjects are pretty similar with local bakeries, donut, and bagel shops.
Drinks will be our next focus as cafes to get your coffee as well as some more healthy options like smoothies and juice bars get a mention. All day breakfast restaurants near you will wrap this up because we know that the morning hours are not the only time to indulge, and we will try to mention any brunch buffets throughout the post when applicable.
Towards the conclusion you will find a map with every place we mention pinned on it, and anyone that wants to check out our other posts on this area of the world is welcome to do so right here.
Best Knoxville Breakfast & Brunch Restaurants
You will have a good chance of finding the best bacon, eggs, waffles, pancakes, omelets, and more if you eat at the best Knoxville breakfast and brunch restaurants:
- OliBea at 211 S Central St
- Scrambled Jake’s Breakfast Company at 7428 S Northshore Dr
- First Watch at 6474 Kingston Pike
- Pete’s at 540 Union Ave
- The Plaid Apron at 1210 Kenesaw Ave
- Shoney’s at 4032 N Broadway
- Nick & J’s Café at 1526 Lovell Rd
Breakfast classics and coffee are served in a colorful space with local art at OliBea. Generous portions of classic breakfast and brunch are served in a hip setting at Scrambled Jake’s Breakfast Company.
First Watch sells freshly prepared to order breakfast, brunch, and lunch favorites including some of the best pancakes, French toast, eggs, bacon, and cinnamon rolls near you. The Plaid Apron is a modern minimalist café and is one of the best spots to go for American breakfast, lunch, and Saturday brunch plus they have a good bakery on site.
Shoney’s is a family friendly restaurant offering an all American diner style menu for local breakfast, lunch, and dinner too. Nick & J’s Café offers a counter seating as well as breakfast specials and lunch favorites.
Vegan & Vegetarian Breakfasts
Have your first meal at one of these healthy vegan or vegetarian breakfast spots if you want to live your best life:
- Bistro at the Bijou at 807 S Gay St
- The Tomato Head at 12 Market Square
Those who want to eat a healthy breakfast in your area can head to any of the above.
Donut Shops In Knoxville
Or just eat something delicious at one of these donut shops near you:
- Pops Original Donuts at 7699 S Northshore Dr
- The Donut Shop at 724 Broadway
- Status Dough at 418 S Gay St #101
- Duck Donuts at 6104 Kingston Pike
- Dunkin’ at 2800 Chapman Hwy
Local Bagel Shops
Expect to find a wide variety of bagels and probably even some breakfast sandwiches at:
- Goldman Bagels at 4951 Kingston Pike
- Paysan Bread & Bagels at 804 Tyson St
- Best Bagels & Deli at 120 S Peters Rd #10
- Einstein Bros Bagels at 11693 Parkside Dr
Mama C’s Gluten Free Goodies from an upcoming list offers some of the best bagels near you as well.
There are lots of bakeries around town that have good early morning options:
- Mama C’s Gluten Free Goodies at 7355 Chapman Hwy
- Benefit Your Life Bakery at 10420 Kingston Pike #G
- Free Reign Bakery & Café at 224 Brookview Centre Way #212
- Panera Bread at 4855 Kingston Pike
Cafes In Your Area
Kick your day off with a caffeine blast at one of these cafes:
- Rami’s Café at 3553 N Broadway
- Duncan Café at 710 Locust St
- The Golden Roast at 825 Melrose Pl
- Likewise Coffee at 1209 E Magnolia Ave
Smoothies & Juice Bars
Wraps, sandwiches, bowls, and other healthy food for your morning should also be available at these smoothie and juice bars:
- Nekter Juice Bar at 5362 Kingston Pike
- Tropical Smoothie Café at 6481 Kingston Pike
- Rocky Top Nutrition at 4457 Kingston Pike
- Smoothie King at 305 N Forest Park Blvd
- Juice Bar at 4801 Kingston Pike
All Day Breakfast Restaurants
When you want your bacon and eggs on your own schedule visit an Knoxville all day breakfast restaurant:
- Mimi’s Café at 10945 Parkside Dr
- Rankin Restaurant at 2200 N Central St
- Ruby Sunshine at 37 Market Square
- Don Delfis Pancake House & Restaurant at 120 West End Ave #2822
- Waffle House at 6230 Papermill Dr NW
You can order French and American classics like toast, waffles, eggs Benedict, and omelets at the all day breakfast spot Mimi’s Café. Some of the best waffles in Knoxville and other breakfast staples are available all day at Waffle House.
Just in case you were interested we have also written about:
- Cafes, Smoothies & Juice Shops in Atlanta
- Cafes, Smoothies & Juice Shops in Nashville
- Cafes, Smoothies & Juice Shops in Charlotte
- Cafes, Smoothies & Juice Shops in Lexington
Enjoy Your Breakfast In Knoxville
For now that is all we have to mention but check back often because we plan to update this page throughout the year. Now that you know about all of those local breakfast spots to get your eggs, omelets, bacon, pancakes, or waffles as well as buffets, healthy vegetarian and vegan options, donut and bagel shops near you, cafes, smoothie and juice bars, and all day restaurants you can tackle the morning.
Don’t be afraid to mention if we got anything incorrect in the comments, and feel free to share any early morning meal tips for your area that you may have too. Now go have fun enjoying your breakfast in Knoxville.