Over the next few minutes we hope that you all will be learning quite a bit about the best places to eat breakfast in San Jose. Whether you need to rush out the door right now or are planning for tomorrow morning we think we can give you an assist.
There really is no better way for us to get the ball rolling than by listing the best all-around brunch and breakfast restaurants in San Jose. Eggs, omelets, waffles, pancakes, cinnamon rolls, sandwiches, wraps, bacon, sausage, and plenty of other delicious meals can be had somewhere around town.
Healthy options for vegan and vegetarian breakfast in your area will be up next. Heading to a donut and bagel shop or bakery early in the morning to get them when they are hot and fresh out of the oven is a solid idea.
Cafes to get your coffee and additional healthy options like smoothies and juice bars deserve a shout out. We will get you out of here with a list of the best all day breakfast spots near you to enjoy one of these meals whenever you feel like it, and we will always try to point out any brunch buffets that are available when we can.
Expect to find a local map for early morning restaurants towards the end to help you find the closest spot, and we welcome you all to look through our other posts on this area if interested.
Best Breakfast & Brunch Restaurants In San Jose
The best San Jose breakfast and brunch restaurants are where to go when you want to eat great bacon, eggs, waffles, pancakes, omelets, or any early morning delicacy:
- Cafe San Jose at 1583A Meridian Ave
- Bill’s Cafe-Kooser at 1401 Kooser Rd
- The Breakfast Club at Midtown at 1432 W San Carlos St #80
- Mimosas at 4660 Pearl Ave
- Country Inn Café at 6484 Camden Ave
- Benedict’s Café & Bar at 5365 Camden Ave
- The Table at 1110 Willow St
- Southern Kitchen Los Gatos at 27 E Main St
All kinds of eggs and other offerings are served at Café San Jose. The Breakfast Club has been specializing in all American and signature breakfast and brunch near you for over 30 years and they serve tasty dinners too.
Breakfast and lunch skillets, omelets, and many more Mexican favorites are available at Mimosas. Benedict’s Café and Bar offers chicken waffle benedicts, sandwiches, chicken and goat cheese salads, and salmon for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Vegan & Vegetarian Breakfasts
Healthy vegan or vegetarian breakfast spots are more popular than ever and some of the best in town are:
- Scrambl’z at 5055 Almaden Expy
- Green Lotus Restaurant at 1143 Story Rd #180
- Vegan Bistro at 449 E Santa Clara St
- Grace Deli & Café at 303 S Almaden Blvd
Scrambl’z is a really fun restaurant serving bacon, eggs, and many more breakfast dishes in your area that has some vegan options and even hosts parties and events. You can make your own Mediterranean bespoke sandwiches, green patches, egg salads, beef chili, and many more vegetarian options at Grace Deli and Café.
Donut Shops In San Jose
Make a quick stop at a local donut shop if you are running late:
- Manley Donut at 1423 Bird Ave
- Rollo’s Donuts at 602 N 13th St
- Maple Leaf Donuts at 6469 Almaden Expy
- Sam’s Donuts at 6047 Snell Ave
- Donut Basket at 3114, 1180 Blossom Hill Rd #1
More than 65 varieties of great local donuts and hot menu items including croissant sandwiches, bagels, and coffees are offered at Rollo’s. Sam’s offers everything from classics to bagels and coffee. Doughnut Basket has donuts, bagels, croissants, sandwiches, and coffee while Manley offers a wide range of donuts and pastries.
Bagel Shops Near You
Enjoy some great bagels and maybe even a breakfast sandwich at:
- House of Bagels at 505 E San Carlos St
- Regal Bagel at 125 Bernal Rd
- Bagel Guys Bakery at 1702 Meridian Ave
- Noah’s NY Bagels at 1095 E Brokaw Rd #10
- Main St. Bagels at 838 Blossom Hill Rd #2725
House of Bagels provides homemade bagels near you with a variety of spreads and toppings to choose from. New York bagels, pastries, sandwiches, and coffees are Regal’s specialties.
The Bagel Guy sells a unique cragel that is a delicate cross between a croissant and a bagel and provides a selection of fresh fruits, salads, and yogurt. In addition to New York style bagels Noah’s also serves breakfast, salads, soups, and sandwiches. Manley Donut from our previous list sells really good donuts in San Jose too.
From Danishes to cinnamon rolls to quiche these bakeries should have you covered:
- Peters’ Bakery at 3108 Alum Rock Ave
- Greenlee’s Bakery at 1081 The Alameda
- Clover Bakery & Cafe at 4342 Moorpark Ave
- CA Bakehouse at 979 Story Rd #7066
- Popular Portuguese Bakery at 1636 Alum Rock Ave
Since 1936 Peter’s Bakery has been making breads, whipped cream pastries, brownies, date bars, cupcakes, doughnuts, Danishes, coffee cakes, cookies, fruit pies, icings, buns, and plenty more. They also provide catering services and even host parties and many more events.
For almost 100 years Greenlee’s Bakery has been specializing in artisan cinnamon breads, loaves, cakes, breakfast burritos, handmade pastries, and much more. Bread, cakes, rice bowls, and sandwiches are also available at Clovery Bakery and Café. You can get sweet bread, rolls, tarts, pasteis de nata, malasadas, custom cakes, and cupcakes at Popular Portuguese Bakery.
Cafes In Your Area
Jump start your day with that boost of caffeine we all need at one of these cafes:
- Academic Coffee at 499 S 2nd St
- Voltaire Coffee Roasters at 360 S Market St #80
- Chromatic Coffee at 460 Lincoln Ave #10
- Voyager Craft Coffee at 87 N San Pedro St
- Roy’s Station Coffee & Tea at 197 Jackson St
Academic makes great pastries and bagels in your area that are served with coffee, tea, and other drinks. Chromatic Coffee has received multiple awards including Metro’s Best New Coffee Roaster in 2013 and Thrillist’s Top Coffee Company of the Bay Area in 2015 and is currently a highly rated shop on Sprudge and other sites.
Smoothies & Juice Bars
Usually these smoothie and juice bars will also have some quick and easy healthy meals:
- Pressed Juicery at 3555 Monroe St #60
- Jamba at 695 Coleman Ave #10
- Guzzle Nutrition at 1087 Meridian Ave #40
Pressed Juicery makes cold pressed juices, plant based soft serves, and power packed shots using 100% real fruit, vegetables, and nuts every day starting at 9am. Jamba excels at providing cold pressed shots, boosts, smoothies, juices, Belgian waffles, and other healthy light bites from 7am to 9pm daily. Guzzle Nutrition is open on weekdays at 11:30am offering more than 30 smoothie flavors, herbal aloe, iced protein coffee, protein bite snacks, and lifted energy boosters.
All Day Breakfast Restaurants
Bacon and eggs are always delish and these all day breakfast restaurants in San Jose will serve them whenever you are ready:
- Toast Cafe & Grill at 1411 Bird Ave
- Whispers Cafe & Creperie at 150 S 2nd St
- IHOP at 644 N First St
- Just Breakfast at 2901 Monterey Rd
Whispers Cafe and Creperie has an outside patio and serves crêpes, omelets, and sandwiches all day for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Some of the most popular options at IHOP are their world famous buttermilk pancakes and crepes that make them a great spot for all day breakfast in San Jose.
Some of you may also want to read about:
- Bacon, Eggs & Pancakes in San Francisco
- Bacon, Eggs & Pancakes in Oakland
- Bacon, Eggs & Pancakes in Stockton & Modesto
- Bacon, Eggs & Pancakes in Los Angeles
Enjoy Your Breakfast In San Jose
All of those local breakfast spots to get your eggs, omelets, bacon, pancakes, or waffles as well as buffets, healthy vegetarian and vegan options, donut and bagel shops near you, cafes, smoothie and juice bars, and all day restaurants in your area are ready whenever you are.
It would be great if you could let us know if we got anything incorrect in the comments, and feel free to share any early morning meal tips for this town that you may have as well. Now go have fun enjoying your breakfast in San Jose.