Hello and welcome to this post on the best places to eat breakfast in Boise. By the time you finish reading this you will be ready to rush out the door to eat a tasty meal.
Our opening section will discuss the best all-around brunch and breakfast restaurants in Boise. Whether you are searching for eggs, omelets, waffles, pancakes, cinnamon rolls, sandwiches, wraps, bacon, sausage, or any other delicious morning meal somewhere on that list should have you covered.
Then we will talk about healthy vegan and vegetarian breakfast options. Donuts, bagels, and bakeries will round out our next few topics.
After all of that is out of the way we will pivot to drinks and discuss local cafes to get your coffee as well as some more healthy stuff like smoothies and juices. Our final section will tell you about the best all day breakfast restaurants near you because this food tastes so great it shouldn’t only be limited to the morning hours.
Throughout the post any time a brunch buffet is available we will try to point that out, and you can also expect there to be a map for your area towards the end to help you find the closest spot. Anyone that is interested is welcome to check out our other posts on this part of the country right there.
Best Breakfast & Brunch Restaurants In Boise
If you are searching for places to eat your bacon, eggs, waffles, pancakes, omelets, or any early morning delight the best Boise breakfast and brunch restaurants are a good place to look:
- Bacon Boise at 121 N 9th St
- Goldy’s Breakfast Bistro at 108 S Capitol Blvd
- The Griddle at 404 E Parkcenter Blvd #200
- Waffle Me Up at 204 N Capitol Blvd
- Le Peep at 3036 N Eagle Rd, Meridian
- Joe Momma’s Breakfast Eatery at 3510 N Eagle Rd, Meridian
- The Orchard House Restaurant at 14949 Sunny Slope Rd, Caldwell
Bacon Boise is a fast casual breakfast and brunch spot in your area specializing in 5 types of bacon, bacon bloody Mary’s, and all things brunch. Goldy’s Breakfast Bistro is well-known for its homemade Hollandaise and innovative meals such as spinach frittata, Andalusia eggs, and homemade pancakes.
Waffle Me Up is a breakfast and lunch establishment that specializes in waffles with sweet and savory toppings. Le Peep serves a delicious breakfast and brunch menu that includes fresh pancakes, omelets, benedicts, sandwiches, salads, crepes, burritos, and burgers.
Vegan & Vegetarian Breakfasts
Want to feel your best throughout the day? Then have your first meal at one of these healthy vegan or vegetarian breakfast spots:
- High Note Cafe at 225 N 5th St
- Wild Root at 276 N 8th St
- Nourish at 2475 S Apple St # 106
- Sol Nutrition at 2845 E Overland Rd, Meridian
High Note Cafe is open from 11am to 5pm Tuesday through Sunday serving brunch like breakfast sandwiches, breakfast burritos, and some of the best pancakes near you. From Tuesday to Sunday Wild Root opens at 10am and serves local brunch including Avocado morning toast, wild skillets, and huevos rancheros.
Acai bowls, oatmeal bowls, and waffles are among the items on the Nourish menu who opens at 8am on weekdays and 9:30am on weekends.
Donut Shops In Boise
On the other hand if you just want something that tastes delicious one of these local donut shops should suffice:
- Country Donut & Egyptian Cuisine & Market at 10358 W Overland Rd
- D K Donuts at 1300 W State St
- Guru Donuts at 928 W Main St #100
- My Donuts at 1533 N Milwaukee St
- Meridian Goatstar Donuts & Coffee at 520 S Meridian Rd #20, Meridian
- Fit Donut at 1330 E Fairview Ave #105, Meridian
- Goatstar Donuts & Coffee at 5720 Cleveland Blvd #111, Caldwell
D K Donuts, My Donuts, and Meridian Goatstar Donuts and Coffee all open real early at 5am. Guru Donuts is open from 7am Tuesday through Friday and 8am on weekends serving handmade donuts in classic and innovative flavors with some vegan choices.
Fit Donut opens at 8am Monday through Saturday and 9am on Sundays offering healthy alternative because their donuts are baked rather than fried and they employ all-natural ingredients.
Bagel Shops Near You
You should be able to find a wide variety of bagels and probably some breakfast sandwiches at:
- Blue Sky Bagels at 407 W Main St
- Sarah’s Bagel Cafe Idaho at 840 W Idaho St
Blue Sky Bagels is a local bakery with 3 shops in the metro that serve homemade bagels, schmears, and modest cafe cuisine in a casual setting. Sarah’s Bagel Cafe produces their bagels from scratch and bakes them fresh every day. They also provide espressos, iced coffee drinks, smoothies, teas, bread, rolls, croissants, gluten free bread, handmade soups, and salads.
Bakeries will have many different types of foods that can kick your day off right:
- Janjou Pâtisserie at 1754 W State St
- Gaston’s Bakery at 3651 W Overland Rd
- Wildflour Bakery at 304 E 42nd St
- Wild Phyllis Bakery at 12646 W Fairview Ave
- The Sweet Spot Bakery Cafe at 2514 Cleveland Blvd, Caldwell
- Nueva Vida Bakery at 1424 2nd St S, Nampa
Janjou Pâtisserie serves croissants, kouign amann, brioche, and bread pudding for breakfast near you starting at 8am. WildFlour Bakery/Café offers gluten-free breads, crepes, and cakes with vegan alternatives along with breakfast and brunch options like French toast, scrambled eggs and toast, granola-yogurt fruit parfait, avocado toast, bagel, lox and cream cheese, and omelets.
The Sweet Spot Bakery Cafe opens at 7am and provides a breakfast and lunch menu that includes handmade soup, avocado toast, sandwiches, quiche, and breakfast casserole.
Cafes In Your Area
Get your caffeine boost when you pick up your coffee at one of these cafes in town:
- Big City Coffee & Cafe at 1416 W Grove St
- Poppy Seed Café at 3910 W Hill Rd #102
- Sunshine Spice Bakery & Cafe at 6911 W Fairview Ave
- Dawson Taylor Coffee Roasters at 219 N 8th St
- ā Café at 109 S 10th St
- Express cafe at 400 E Fairview Ave, Meridian
- Cafe De Coco at 117 13th Ave S, Nampa
Big City Coffee and Cafe is open 7 days a week and serves substantial cafe meals, espresso, pastries, and farm-inspired breakfast in your area. Sunshine Spice Bakery & Cafe specializes in Afghan/American fusion baked items like soups that are a blend of Middle Eastern and American cuisines that have lately been introduced to their ever-expanding menu.
ā Café is a casual understated eatery that serves breakfast staples, salads, soups, and sandwiches with some alcoholic beverages available. The Express Cafe is a laid-back neighborhood hangout that serves up regular American fare for breakfast and lunch.
Smoothies & Juice Bars
Usually these smoothie and juice bars will also sell some wraps, sandwiches, bowls, and other healthy food for your morning:
- Tree City Juice & Smoothie Cafe at 1265 S Capitol Blvd
- Boise Juice Company State Street at 5628 W State St
- Clean Juice at 3505 E Monarch Sky Ln #100, Meridian
Clean Juice provides salads, sandwich, and wraps for local breakfast starting at 8am.
All Day Breakfast Restaurants
When you want your bacon and eggs later in the day head to an all day breakfast restaurant in Boise:
- Original Pancake House at 5900 W Fairview Ave
- The Chef’s Hut at 164 S Cole Rd
- The Original Sunrise Cafe at 6767 W Fairview Ave
- Terri’s Cafè at 2483 E Fairview Ave #105, Meridian
- Broken Yolk Cafe at 3110 W Quintale Dr # 110, Meridian
- LeBaron’s Honker Cafe at 1210 2nd St #S, Nampa
In a relaxed setting Original Pancake House serves signature pancakes and other American breakfast staples all day in Boise. French toast, omelets, eggs, oatmeal, cereals, and some of the best pancakes near you are among the items on the Chef’s Hut’s all-day breakfast menu.
The Original Sunrise Cafe offers a diverse breakfast menu that includes vegan, keto, and gluten-free alternatives. Broken Yolk Cafe is a cheerful restaurant that serves breakfast all day in your area too.
You are also welcome to read our posts on:
- Breakfast in Seattle
- Breakfast in Portland
- Breakfast in Reno & Lake Tahoe
- Breakfast in Salt Lake City
Enjoy Your Breakfast In Boise
Well, we wish we had more to share but for now that is all we’ve got. After reading about all of those local breakfast spots to get your eggs, omelets, bacon, pancakes, or waffles as well as buffets, healthy vegetarian and vegan options, donut and bagel shops near you, cafes, smoothie and juice bars, and all day restaurants you should be ready for your next meal.
Do us and our future readers a favor by mentioning if we got anything incorrect in the comments, and feel free to share any early morning meal tips for your area that you may have too. Now go have fun enjoying your breakfast in Boise.