Hey there and welcome to this blog about the best places to eat breakfast in Portland. By the time you finish reading this you will be ready to rush out the door to eat a tasty meal.
Our opening section will discuss the best all-around brunch and breakfast restaurants in Portland. Whether you are searching for eggs, omelets, waffles, pancakes, cinnamon rolls, sandwiches, wraps, bacon, sausage, or any other delicious morning meal somewhere on that list should have you covered.
Then we will talk about healthy vegan and vegetarian breakfast options. Donuts, bagels, and bakeries will round out our next few topics.
After all of that is out of the way we will pivot to drinks and discuss local cafes to get your coffee as well as some more healthy stuff like smoothies and juices. Our final section will tell you about the best all day breakfast restaurants near you because this food tastes so great it shouldn’t only be limited to the morning hours.
Throughout the post any time a brunch buffet is available we will try to point that out, and you can also expect there to be a map for your area towards the end to help you find the closest spot. And you can find all of our posts on breakfast and brunch in the Pacific Northwest right there if you are curious.
Best Breakfast & Brunch Restaurants In Portland
If you are searching for places to eat your bacon, eggs, waffles, pancakes, omelets, or any early morning delight the best Portland breakfast and brunch restaurants are a good place to look:
- HunnyMilk at 1981 W Burnside St
- The Hazel Room at 3279 SE Hawthorne Blvd
- Cheryl’s on 12th at 1135 SW Washington St
- Syrup Trap at 1104 Main St #111, Vancouver
- Kitchen Table Café at 705 NE 136th Ave #101, Vancouver
- Biscuits Café at 1905 NE Division St, Gresham
- Heidi’s at 1230 NE Cleveland Ave, Gresham
- Elmer’s Restaurant at 390 SW Adams Ave, Hillsboro
- La Provence at 937 NE Orenco Station Loop, Hillsboro
- Batter Up at 4725 SW Lombard Ave, Beaverton
- Café Murrayhill at 14500 SW Murray Scholls Dr #103, Beaverton
HunnyMilk makes sweet and savory breakfast items like some of the best pancakes, waffles, and eggs Benedict in your area from 9am to 2pm Wednesday through Thursday and from 8am to 2pm Friday through Sunday.
Breakfast burritos, egg dishes, biscuits, and sandwiches with gluten free and vegan options are available at The Hazel Room from 9am to 2pm Friday through Monday. Cheryl’s on 12th prepares early breakfasts near you along with homemade sweets from 7am to 4pm on weekdays and from 8am to 4pm on weekends.
Syrup Trap specializes in sweet and savory waffles, coffees, and teas and is open from 8am to 2pm every day except Tuesday and Wednesday. Classic American breakfast favorites are provided from 6:30am to 2:30pm Monday through Saturday and from 7am to 2:30pm on Sunday at the Kitchen Table Café.
Delectable omelets, soups, salads, and burgers are offered from 6:30am to 2:30pm Monday through Saturday and from 7am to 2:30pm on Sunday at Biscuits Café.
Heidi’s prepares French toast, pancakes, waffles, omelets, poached eggs, and more daily from 7am to 9pm. Various selections of local breakfast fare are provided every day from 6am to 9pm at Elmer’s Restaurant.
La Provence serves breakfasts, baked goods, and drinks daily from 8am to 3pm. Specialty waffles with sweet and savory toppings are available at Batter Up.
Café Murrayhill serves waffles, French toast, eggs Benedict, omelets, soups, salads, and desserts.
Vegan & Vegetarian Breakfasts
Want to feel your best throughout the day? Then have your first meal at one of these healthy vegan or vegetarian breakfast spots in your area:
- Rabbits Café at 555 SW Oak St #G
- Blossoming Lotus at 1713 NE 15th Ave
- Off The Griddle at 6526 SE Foster Rd
- The Krazy Kokonut at 22309 SE Stark St, Gresham
Plant based nutritious bowls and smoothies are served from 9am to 4pm Monday through Friday at Rabbits Café. Healthy raw foods and vegan fusion dishes are available starting at 9am on weekdays and 9:30am on weekends at Blossoming Lotus.
Off The Griddle is a good option for vegan, vegetarian, and gluten free healthy breakfasts near you.
The Krazy Kokonut specializes in nondairy and gluten free acai bowls and healthy breakfast sandwiches and is open every Wednesday through Friday from 6:30am to 4pm and from 8am to 4pm on weekends.
Donuts Shops In Portland
On the other hand if you just want something that tastes delicious one of these local donut shops should suffice:
- Delicious Donuts at 12 SE Grand Ave
- Doe Donuts at 4110 NE Sandy Blvd
- Pip’s Original Doughnuts at 4759 NE Fremont St #C
- Voodoo Doughnuts at 22 SW 3rd Ave
- Blue Star Donuts at 1701 SW Jefferson St
- Donut Nook at 4403 NE St Johns Rd, Vancouver
- Mr Maple Donuts at 1108 NE 78th St, Vancouver
- Sesame Donuts at 2401 NE Cornell Rd, Hillsboro
- Donut World at 720 NE Burnside Rd, Gresham
- Donut King at 12872 SW Canyon Rd, Beaverton
- Donut Day at 18955 SW Tualatin Valley Hwy, Beaverton
Breakfast sandwiches, burgers, and coffee are available for an early Portland breakfast from 5am to 1pm Monday through Saturday at Delicious Donuts. Doe Donuts provides handcrafted vegan selections in various flavors every Monday through Thursday from 8am to 4pm and from 7am to 8pm Friday through Sunday.
Pip’s Original Doughnuts makes fried donuts, chai, and espresso daily from 8am to 2pm. Donut Nook has been in business for almost five decades and sells a variety of bars, fritters, and more from 5:30am to 1pm on weekdays and from 6am to 1pm on weekends.
Tasty treats with coffee and smoothies are served starting early from 5am to 6pm Monday through Saturday and from 6am to 4pm on Sunday at Donut World. Sesame Donuts is another good early morning local breakfast spot that provides an assortment of fresh flavors with delivery and takeaways from 5am to 10pm Monday through Saturday and from 5am to 9pm on Sunday.
Donut Day serves various flavors from 6am to 5pm Monday through Saturday and from 6am to 3pm on Sunday.
Bagel Shops Near You
You should be able to find a wide variety of bagels and probably some breakfast sandwiches at:
- Henry Higgins Boiled Bagels at 6420 SE Foster Rd
- Spielman Bagels & Coffee at 2200 NE Broadway
- Bowery Bagels at 310 NW Broadway
- Bernstein’s Bagels at 816 N Russell St
- Seize The Bagel at 8086 E Mill Plain Blvd, Vancouver
- Jazzy Bagels at 5 E Powell Blvd, Gresham
- Einstein Bros Bagels at 1897 NE 106th Ave, Hillsboro
- Sunrise Bagels at 10902 SW Barnes Rd, Beaverton
Bakeries will have many different types of foods that can kick your day off right:
- Ken’s Artisan Bakery at 338 NW 21st Ave
- Baker & Spice at 6330 SW Capitol Hwy
- St Honoré Bakery at 2335 NW Thurman St
- Sweet Touch at 6478, 4804 NE Thurston Way D, Vancouver
- Beaucoup Bakery & Café at 2411 Main St, Vancouver
- Hope’s Bake Shop & Café at 455 NE Burnside Rd, Gresham
- Jelana’s Bake Shop at 3753 SE Oakleaf St, Hillsboro
- Decadent Creations at 171 NE 3rd Ave, Hillsboro
- Carina’s Bakery at 4725 SW Lombard Ave # 108, Beaverton
- La Rose Patisserie at 17020 SW Whitley Wy #102, Beaverton
Ken’s Artisan Bakery sells fresh baked goods and a number of French bistro fare items that can be good for an early morning meal near you. Baker and Spice specializes in homemade soups, sandwiches, salads, and pastries and is open early from 8am to 3pm Wednesday through Sunday.
Some of the finest macaroons and local coffees are served from 10am to 8pm Monday through Saturday and from 11am to 6pm on Sunday at Sweet Touch. Bleu Door Bakery provides a selection of breads, pastries, sandwiches, and desserts from 8am to 2pm Tuesday through Sunday.
Hope’s Bake Shop and Café prepares pies, cakes, cheesecakes, breads, and more from 7am to 6pm on weekdays and from 8am to 5pm on Saturday. Customized cookies, cinnamon rolls, cupcakes, and dessert bars with vegan and gluten-free options are offered at Jelana’s Bake Shop from 7am to 2pm Tuesday through Saturday.
Decadent Creations serves cakes, pies, tarts, pastries, and tasty local breakfast sandwiches from 7am to 6pm on weekdays, from 8am to 4pm on Saturday, and from 8am to 2pm on Sunday.
Carina’s Bakery offers numerous varieties of vegan baked items from 9am to 6pm on weekdays and from 9am to 3pm on weekends. Freshly baked pastries, breads, and cakes are available at La Rose Patisserie from 10am to 7pm Tuesday through Sunday.
Cafes In Your Area
Get your caffeine boost when you pick up your coffee at one of these cafes in town:
- Good Coffee at 1150 SE 12th Ave
- Proud Mary Café at 2012 NE Alberta St
- Case Study Coffee Roasters at 5347 NE Sandy Blvd
- Coava Coffee Roasters at 1300 SE Grand Ave A
- Relevant Coffee at 1703 Main St #A, Vancouver
- Compass Coffee Roasting at 817 Washington St, Vancouver
- Café Delirium at 308 N Main Ave, Gresham
- Legacy Coffee Co at 75 NW 1st St, Gresham
- Longbottom Coffee & Tea at 4893 NE 59th Ave, Hillsboro
- Peet’s Coffee at 10150 NE Cornell Rd, Hillsboro
- Jim & Patty’s Coffee at 4130 SW 117th Ave, Beaverton
- Brickhaus Coffee at 12600 SW Crescent St #110, Beaverton
Good Coffee makes artisan espressos and baked goods from 7am to 2pm on weekdays and from 8am to 2pm on weekends. Handcrafted coffees, smoothies, and breakfasts are available at Proud Mary Café.
A wide selection of high quality coffees and snacks are provided at Coava. Excellent coffees, teas, and baked favorites are available at Relevant Coffee. Compass Coffee Roasting offers various blends and baked items.
Organic coffees and light snacks are prepared from 7am to 6pm Monday through Saturday and from 8am to 4pm on Sunday at Café Delirium. Legacy Coffee provides gluten free and vegan baked items including some of the best breakfast sandwiches in Portland from 6:30am to 5pm Tuesday through Saturday and from 6:30am to 1:30pm on Sunday.
Longbottom Coffee and Tea makes handcrafted sandwiches, pastries, and scones from 6am to 3:30pm on weekdays and from 7:30am to 2:30pm on weekends. Signature blended drinks, teas, and baked goods are available for a good early morning breakfast in your area at 5am on weekdays and 6am on weekends at Peet’s Coffee.
Jim and Patty’s Coffee serves a variety of espressos, breakfasts, and pastries. Brickhaus Coffee offers espresso blends, kombuchas, baked treats, and cafe fare items from 6:30am to 4pm on weekdays and from 9am to 3pm on weekends.
Smoothies & Juice Bars
Usually these PDX smoothie and juice bars will also sell some wraps, sandwiches, bowls, and other healthy food for your morning:
- Kure Juice Bar at 518 SW Taylor St
- Greenleaf Juice at 810 NW 12th Ave
- Xocotl at 7238 SE Foster Rd
- Happy Day at 4539 NE Fremont St
- Be Well Juice Bar at 1012 Washington St #160, Vancouver
- Nekter Juice Bar at 305 SE Chkalov Dr, Vancouver
- Juice It Up at 2790 NW 188th Ave #B, Hillsboro
- Jamba at 7204 NE Cornell Rd, Hillsboro
- Moberi at 2545 SW Cedar Hills Blvd #110, Beaverton
- Everbowl at 11727 SW Beaverton Hills, Beaverton
Don’t forget about the smoothies at Rabbits Café, Donut World, and Proud Mary Café from some different lists.
All Day Breakfast Restaurants
When you want your bacon and eggs later in the day head to an all day breakfast restaurant in Portland:
- City State Diner & Bakery at 128 NE 28th Ave
- Joe Brown’s Café at 817 Main St, Vancouver
- Breakfast at Valerie’s at 516 SE Chkalov Dr #1, Vancouver
- Black Bear Diner at 105 NE Burnside Rd, Gresham
- Shari’s at 1979 NE Burnside Rd, Gresham
Delectable breakfasts near you are available all day along with coffees, cocktails, and baked items from 8am to 2pm at City State Diner and Bakery. Classic American fare items for local breakfast and lunch are served all day at Joe Brown’s Café.
Breakfast at Valerie’s offers early breakfasts, burgers, and sandwiches from 6am to 2pm Monday through Saturday and from 6:30am to 2:30pm on Sunday. Black Bear Diner prepares a variety of breakfast dishes and desserts daily from 7am to 8:30pm.
You are also welcome to read our posts on:
Enjoy Your Breakfast In Portland
Well, we wish we had more to share but for now that is all we’ve got. After reading about all of those local breakfast spots to get your eggs, omelets, bacon, pancakes, or waffles as well as buffets, healthy vegetarian and vegan options, donut and bagel shops near you, cafes, smoothie and juice bars, and all day restaurants you should be ready for your next meal.
Do us and our future readers a favor by mentioning if we got anything incorrect in the comments, and feel free to share any early morning meal tips for your area that you may have too. Now go have fun enjoying your breakfast in Portland.