Thanks for joining us for this discussion on the best places to eat breakfast in Sacramento. By the time you finish reading this you will be ready to rush out the door to eat a tasty meal.
Our opening section will discuss the best all-around brunch and breakfast restaurants in Sacramento. Whether you are searching for eggs, omelets, waffles, pancakes, cinnamon rolls, sandwiches, wraps, bacon, sausage, or any other delicious morning meal somewhere on that list should have you covered.
Then we will talk about healthy vegan and vegetarian breakfast options. Donuts, bagels, and bakeries will round out our next few topics.
After all of that is out of the way we will pivot to drinks and discuss local cafes to get your coffee as well as some more healthy stuff like smoothies and juices. Our final section will tell you about the best all day breakfast restaurants near you because this food tastes so great it shouldn’t only be limited to the morning hours.
Throughout the post any time a brunch buffet is available we will try to point that out, and you can also expect there to be a map for your area towards the end to help you find the closest spot. Anyone that is interested is welcome to check out our other posts on the Pacific Northwest right there.
Best Breakfast & Brunch Restaurants In Sacramento
If you are searching for places to eat your bacon, eggs, waffles, pancakes, omelets, or any early morning delight the best Sacramento breakfast and brunch restaurants are a good place to look:
- Bacon & Butter at 5913 Broadway
- Rivers Edge Café at 8740 La Riviera Dr
- The Waffle Experience at 4391 Gateway Park Blvd #650
- Orphan at 3440 C St
- Huckleberry’s at 2745 Elk Grove Blvd #250, Elk Grove
- The Barn at 8976 Grant Line Rd, Elk Grove
- Jamie’s Café at 9101 Laguna Main St, Elk Grove
- The Mimosa House at 761 Pleasant Grove Blvd, Roseville
- Marios Early Toast at 8425 Sierra College Blvd, Roseville
- Organic Delights at 2256 #B Sunrise Blvd, Rancho Cordova
- Sunrise Waffle at 10433 Folsom Blvd., Rancho Cordova
- Cafe Bernardo at 234 D St Davis
- Crepeville at 330 3rd St Davis
- Gold Miner Café at 426 E Bidwell St, Folsom
- Back Bistro at 230 Palladio Pkwy #1201, Folsom
Bacon and Butter serves American breakfast in your area throughout the week from 8am to 2pm except for Monday and Tuesday when they are closed. Rivers Edge Café features a dog friendly patio and serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner from 9am to 2pm.
Some of the best local waffles and delicious artisan coffees are available at The Waffle Experience every day from 8am to 3pm. Latin breakfast favorites are served seven days a week from 7am to 2pm at Orphan.
Huckleberry’s is open from 7am to 3pm serving Southern inspired breakfast and lunch. You can also eat breakfast and lunch from 9am to 2pm Wednesday through Friday and from 8am on weekends at Jamie’s Café.
The Mimosa House is well known for its delicious breakfast dishes including crepes, omelets, skillets, and plenty more. Delectable breakfasts and brunches in Roseville are offered at Marios Early Toast every day from 6:30am to 3pm.
Some of Organic Delight’s menu items that you can get from 10am to 7pm Monday through Saturday include sandwiches, salads, wraps, and soups as well as organic coffee. Sunrise Waffle is an American restaurant specializing in early and all day breakfast in Rancho Cordova where waffles, omelets, sandwiches, and burgers are available starting at 6am.
Crepeville cooks and prepares breakfasts, crepes, salads, pasta, and sandwiches and starts selling them at 8am. Early breakfast in Folsom is also served all day at Gold Miner Café including omelets, pancakes, burgers, and many more Greek favorites from 6am to 2pm daily.
Back Bistro is a casual breakfast and brunch restaurant offering light meals and eclectic American entrees.
Vegan & Vegetarian Breakfasts
Want to feel your best throughout the day? Then have your first meal at one of these healthy vegan or vegetarian breakfast spots near you:
- Veg Cafe & Bar at 2431 J St 2F
- Good Vibes Vegan Café at 1004 24th St
- Bambi Vegan Tacos at 1725 I St
- Sibling at 1813 Capitol Ave
- Loving Hut at 8355 Elk Grove Blvd #800, Elk Grove
- Vitality Bowls at 3988 Douglas Blvd #130, Roseville
- Garden of Eat’n at 1228 Galleria Blvd #130, Roseville
- Baagan at 3191 Zinfandel Dr #3, Rancho Cordova
- Musette at 825 Russell Blvd #27, Davis
- Vibe Health Bar at 2770 East Bidwell St #500, Folsom
Veg is a bright café and bar offering a menu of seasonal breakfast and lunch dishes with vegan and vegetarian options. Plant based meals and herbs are available at Good Vibes Vegan Café.
Bambi makes vegan tacos from scratch. Vegan and gluten free classics are served at Sibling where they also offer cool patio seating.
Delectable açai and grain bowls, wraps, and salads as well as smoothies and fresh juices are offered at Vitality from 9am to 8pm and until 7pm every Sunday.
Garden of Eat’n serves up healthy affordable made to order items like sandwiches, wraps, and salads. Musette uses a variety of fresh vegetables, grains, seeds, nuts, and other organic ingredients for their healthy meals.
You can buy acai bowls, salads, sandwiches and wraps with vegan, vegetarian, and gluten free options as well as organic cold pressed juices and smoothies at Vibe Health Bar.
Donuts Shops In Sacramento
On the other hand if you just want something that tastes delicious one of these local donut shops should suffice:
- Marie’s Donuts at 2950 Freeport Blvd
- Stanely Donuts at 3710 J St
- Broadway Donuts at 2731 Broadway
- Donuts & Coffey at 5611 Folsom Blvd
- Donut Time at 9176 Kiefer Blvd
- Danny’s Mini Donuts at 900 2nd St
- Java Time Donuts at 7811 Laguna Blvd # 150, Elk Grove
- Elk Grove Donuts at 10043 Bruceville Rd #140, Elk Grove
- Golden Donuts at 8411 Elk Grove Florin Rd, Elk Grove
- Manley’s Donuts at 1000 Sunrise Ave #5B, Roseville
- Baker Ben’s Donuts at 1045 Douglas Blvd, Roseville
- Allen’s Donuts at 10377 Folsom Blvd, Rancho Cordova
- Donut King at 2808 Zinfandel Dr, Rancho Cordova
- Pink Dozen Donuts at 1300 E Covell Blvd #D, Davis
- Fluffy Donuts at 757 Russell Blvd #2, Davis
- Bj Cinnamon at 402 E Bidwell St, Folsom
- The Donut Shop at 1001 E Bidwell St, Folsom
- Baker’s Dozen Donuts Shop at 717 E Bidwell St #1, Folsom
Bagel Shops Near You
You should be able to find a wide variety of bagels and probably some breakfast sandwiches at:
- River City Deli & Bagels at 2546 24th St
- Main St Bagel Café at 1580 W El Camino Ave
- Noah’s NY Bagels at 2559 Fair Oaks Blvd
- Solomon’s at 730 K St
- Rescate Coffee at 2475 Elk Grove Blvd #160, Elk Grove
- Posh Bagel at 10305 Fairway Dr #130, Roseville
- Rose Café & Bagel at 4070 Baseline Rd #140, Roseville
Cooper’s Coffee House from our best cafes list sells really good bagels in your area too.
Bakeries will have many different types of foods that can kick your day off right:
- Estelle Bakery & Pâtisserie at 2530 Arden Way
- Pushkin’s Bakery at 1820 29th St
- Freeport Bakery at 2966 Freeport Blvd
- Ginelle’s Bakery at 9015 Bruceville Rd #120, Elk Grove
- Boudin at 1017 Galleria Blvd #100, Roseville
- Starbread at 1251 Baseline Rd #130, Roseville
- Village Bakery at 814 2nd St, Davis
- Karen’s Bakery at 705 Gold Lake Dr, Folsom
An all day menu of French breakfast classics near you along with lunch, sweets, and coffee are provided at Estelle Bakery and Pâtisserie. Pushkin’s is a bakery selling high quality baked goods with some that are free of wheat, gluten, and dairy products as well as hot sandwiches.
Ginelle’s is a Filipino American bakery specializing in rolls, ensaymada, and many more fresh treats as well as coffee. Boudin is a Californian bakery that is known for its sourdough bread and light American fare.
You can choose from an assortment of Filipino breads such as doughnuts, malasadas, rolls, lumpia, pork buns, stuffed breads, pandesal, pan de coco, pan de ube, ham and cheese, and plenty more at Starbread.
Village Bakery serves slices of artisanal pizzas and baked goods along with great coffee. Homemade baked goods, pastries, and light fare are offered at Karen’s Bakery.
Cafes In Your Area
Get your caffeine boost when you pick up your coffee at one of these cafes in town:
- The Mill Midtown Café at 1827 I St
- N Street Café at 2022 N St
- Camellia Coffee Roasters at 1104 R St #150
- Old Soul Co at 1716 L St
- Savvy House Coffee Bar at 9630 Bruceville Rd #104, Elk Grove
- Rescate Coffee at 2475 Elk Grove Blvd #160, Elk Grove
- Shady Coffee & Tea at 325 Douglas Blvd, Roseville
- Four Score Coffee at 327 Lincoln St, Roseville
- Big Boss Café at 2756 Sunrise Blvd, Rancho Cordova
- Scooter’s Coffee at 2348 Sunrise Blvd, Rancho Cordova
- Philz Coffee at 521 2nd St, Davis
- Cloud Forest Café at 222 D St, Davis
- Coffee Republic at 6610 Folsom-Auburn Rd, Folsom
- Cooper’s Coffee House at 189 Blue Ravine Rd, Folsom
The Mill Midtown Café has a garden patio and offers pastries and espresso. Local breakfast sandwiches, Mediterranean lunches, sandwiches, baked goods, salads, and fresh fruits as well as lemonade, mochas, and coffees are some of the items offered at N Street Café.
Camellia Coffee Roasters is a good place to try breakfast like sausage and egg sandwiches along with espresso drinks and other beverages. Home roasted beans, homemade breads, and light fare are served in an industrial setting at Old Soul Co.
Savvy House Coffee Bar makes great caramel macchiatos, delicious hot chocolate, and coffee. You can also head to Rescate Coffee for a wide range of beverages as well as freshly baked pastries and ready made bites.
Many people enjoy eating breakfast in Roseville along with homemade pastries and sandwiches at Shady Coffee and Tea. Freshly baked breads, beef hotdogs, and other delectable fare as well as locally roasted coffee are available at Big Boss Café.
Scooter’s is a drive thru shop selling coffee, espresso, smoothies, and pastries. Philz specializes in custom blend coffees, teas, specialty drinks, and pastries.
A wide range of coffees and espressos as well as fresh scones, bagels, muffins, and breakfast burritos are provided at Cooper’s. Coffee Republic is known for its sandwiches, salads, pastries, and breakfast specials in Folsom as well as unique sweet teas and espresso drinks.
Smoothies & Juice Bars
Usually these smoothie and juice bars will also sell some wraps, sandwiches, bowls, and other healthy food for your morning:
- Cap City Squeeze Juice Bar at 1426 14th St
- Sun & Soil Juice Co at 1912 P St
- Vibe Health Bar at 3515 Broadway
- Pressed at 414 K St #140
- Mango Crazy at 8519 Bond Rd #102, Elk Grove
- Core Nutrition at 6616 Laguna Blvd #122, Elk Grove
- Nekter Juice Bar at 1410 E Roseville Pkwy #110, Roseville
- Jamba at 2030 Douglas Blvd #24, Roseville
- Fusion Boba at 3360 Mather Field Rd, Rancho Cordova
- T4 at 132 E St #190, Davis
You can also get healthy smoothies for a quick early morning meal at places from some different lists including Vitality Bowls, Vibe Health Bar, and Scooter’s Coffee.
All Day Breakfast Restaurants
When you want your bacon and eggs later in the day head to an all day breakfast restaurant in Sacramento:
- Butt3rmilk Cafe at 6425 Florin Perkins Rd
- The Morning Fork at 1111 21st St
- FlapJacks Diner at 2721 El Camino Ave
- The Original Mike’s Diner at 9139 E Stockton Blvd, Elk Grove
- In-Joy Café at 2999 Douglas Blvd, Roseville
- Rosie’s Country Kitchen at 10273 Folsom Blvd, Rancho Cordova
- Black Bear Diner at 255 2nd St, Davis
Butt3rmilk Cafe serves traditional breakfast all day in Sacramento including homemade buttermilk biscuits, French toast, pancakes, waffles, omelets, and many more specialties.
The Morning Fork cooks and prepares elevated comfort food classics for breakfast and lunch all day from 8am to 2pm. The Original Mike’s Diner specializes in homestyle American fare and all day breakfast in Elk Grove.
There are fine servings of breakfast sandwiches, burritos, omelets, fresh baked goods, salads, and soups on weekdays from 7am to 4pm at In Joy Café. Local breakfast is served all day at Black Bear Diner from 6am to 10pm daily including pancakes, waffles, French toast, omelets, scrambles, egg combos, burritos, and sliders.
Other restaurants mentioned throughout the post serving all day breakfast in your area include Sunrise Waffle and The Gold Miner Café.
You are also welcome to read our posts on:
- Bacon, Eggs & Pancakes in Stockton & Modesto
- Bacon, Eggs & Pancakes in San Francisco
- Bacon, Eggs & Pancakes in Oakland
- Bacon, Eggs & Pancakes in Reno & Lake Tahoe
Enjoy Your Breakfast In Sacramento
Well, we wish we had more to share but for now that is all we’ve got. After reading about all of those local breakfast spots to get your eggs, omelets, bacon, pancakes, or waffles as well as buffets, healthy vegetarian and vegan options, donut and bagel shops near you, cafes, smoothie and juice bars, and all day restaurants you should be ready for your next meal.
Do us and our future readers a favor by mentioning if we got anything incorrect in the comments, and feel free to share any early morning meal tips for your area that you may have too. Now go have fun enjoying your breakfast in Sacramento.