We hope that everyone reading this is ready to take a deep dive into the best places to eat breakfast in Richmond. Our only real goal is to help you find the right meal to kick start your day.
The best all-around brunch and breakfast restaurants in Richmond will be where we begin. We know that many of you will be trying to find delicious eggs, omelets, waffles, pancakes, cinnamon rolls, sandwiches, wraps, bacon, sausage, or more and the spots on that list will have what you are after.
Up next we will get into healthy vegan and vegetarian breakfast options in your area. Our next few subjects are pretty similar with local bakeries, donut, and bagel shops.
Drinks will be our next focus as cafes to get your coffee as well as some more healthy options like smoothies and juice bars get a mention. All day breakfast restaurants near you will wrap this up because we know that the morning hours are not the only time to indulge, and we will try to mention any brunch buffets throughout the post when applicable.
Towards the conclusion you will find a map with every place we mention pinned on it, and anyone that wants to check out our other posts on this area of the world is welcome to do so by clicking here.
Best Richmond Breakfast & Brunch Restaurants
You will have a good chance of finding the best bacon, eggs, waffles, pancakes, omelets, and more if you eat at the best Richmond breakfast and brunch restaurants:
- City Diner at 2237 W Broad St
- McLeans Restaurant at 3205 W Broad St
- 521 Biscuits & Waffles at 521 E Main St
- Galaxy Diner at 3109 W Cary St
- First Watch at 11721 W Broad St
You can get some of the best breakfast burritos, pancakes, French toast, and omelets in your area every day from 6:30am at City Diner. McLeans Restaurant serves homestyle breakfasts like French toast, pancakes, omelets, and platters as well as lunch every day from 6am to 3pm. Classic breakfasts as well as coffees are available from 8am Wednesday through Sunday at 521 Biscuits and Waffles.
Hearty portions of American, Italian, and Greek classics like Benedicts, omelets, fluffy pancakes, and waffles are available all day at Galaxy Diner. First Watch sells freshly prepared to order local breakfast, brunch, and lunch favorites including pancakes, French toast, eggs, bacon, cinnamon rolls, and soup all day.
Vegan & Vegetarian Breakfasts
Have your first meal at one of these healthy vegan or vegetarian breakfast spots if you want to live your best life:
- Harrison Street Cafe at 402 N Harrison St
- The Daily Kitchen & Bar at 2934 W Cary St
Harrison Street is an artsy café serving a variety of vegan and vegetarian breakfasts near you.
Delicious and healthy breakfast burritos, French toast, and sandwiches are some of the items sold at The Daily Kitchen and Bar.
Donut Shops In Richmond
Or just eat something delicious at one of these donut shops near you:
- Country Style Donuts at 4300 Williamsburg Rd
- Donuts Company at 11001 Midlothian Turnpike
- Duck Donuts at 6 N Laurel St
- The Treat Shop at 6114 Jahnke Rd
Local Bagel Shops
Expect to find a wide variety of bagels and probably even some breakfast sandwiches at:
- Nate’s Bagels at 21 S Allen Ave
- Einstein Bros Bagels 1200 E Marshall St
Other places in this post offering some of the best bagels in Richmond include Black Hand Coffee Co, Lift Coffee Shop and Cafe, and Brewer’s Café.
There are lots of bakeries around town that have good early morning options:
- Early Bird Biscuit Co at 119 N Robinson St
- Jj’s Makery at 2707 E Marshall St
- Idle Hands Bread Company at 407 Strawberry St
- Minglewood Bake Shop at 3337 W Cary St
Cafes In Your Area
Kick your day off with a caffeine blast at one of these cafes:
- Black Hand Coffee Co at 3101 Patterson Ave
- Lift Coffee Shop & Cafe at 218 W Broad St
- Cafe Synai at 416 N 1st St
- Brewer’s Café at 1012 Hull St
Brewer’s Café sells breakfast, sandwiches, cold pressed juice, and specialty coffee all day.
Smoothies & Juice Bars
Wraps, sandwiches, bowls, and other healthy food for your morning should also be available at these smoothie and juice bars:
- Ms. Bee’s Juice Bar at 1015 E Clay St
- The Beet Box at 2611 W Cary St
- Ka’tagious Juices at 2500 Turner Rd
- Ginger Juice at 7021 Three Chopt Rd
Cafe Synai from some different lists are good options for refreshing smoothies.
All Day Breakfast Restaurants
When you want your bacon and eggs on your own schedule visit an Richmond all day breakfast restaurant:
- Village Cafe at 1001 W Grace St
- Capitol Waffle Shop 1110 E Main St #B
- Moore Street Café at 2904 W Moore St
- 821 Café at 825 W Cary St
Village Café is open daily at 9am serving eclectic comfort food like omelets, French toast, and breakfast sandwiches. Capital Waffle serves all day breakfast in your area as well as lunch and dinner from 9am.
Local all day breakfast is served on weekends at Moore Street Café from 8am to 2pm. Other places we have mentioned throughout the post that also have all day breakfast in Richmond include Galaxy Diner, First Watch, and Brewer’s Cafe.
Just in case you were interested we have also written about:
- Where To Eat Breakfast in Virginia Beach
- Where To Eat Breakfast in Washington DC
- Where To Eat Breakfast in Baltimore
- Where To Eat Breakfast in Philadelphia
Enjoy Your Breakfast In Richmond
For now that is all we have to mention but check back often because we plan to update this page throughout the year. Now that you know about all of those local breakfast spots to get your eggs, omelets, bacon, pancakes, or waffles as well as buffets, healthy vegetarian and vegan options, donut and bagel shops near you, cafes, smoothie and juice bars, and all day restaurants you can tackle the morning.
Don’t be afraid to mention if we got anything incorrect in the comments, and feel free to share any early morning meal tips for your area that you may have too. Now go have fun enjoying your breakfast in Richmond.