Over the next few minutes we hope that you all will be learning quite a bit about the best places to eat breakfast in Virginia Beach. Whether you need to rush out the door right now or are planning for tomorrow morning we think we can give you an assist.
There really is no better way for us to get the ball rolling than by listing the best all-around brunch and breakfast restaurants in Virginia Beach. Eggs, omelets, waffles, pancakes, cinnamon rolls, sandwiches, wraps, bacon, sausage, and plenty of other delicious meals can be had somewhere around town.
Healthy options for vegan and vegetarian breakfast in your area will be up next. Heading to a donut and bagel shop or bakery early in the morning to get them when they are hot and fresh out of the oven is a solid idea.
Cafes to get your coffee and additional healthy options like smoothies and juice bars deserve a shout out. We will get you out of here with a list of the best all day breakfast spots near you to enjoy one of these meals whenever you feel like it, and we will always try to point out any brunch buffets that are available when we can.
Expect to find a local map for early morning restaurants towards the end to help you find the closest spot, and we welcome you all to look through our other posts on this area if interested.
Best Breakfast & Brunch Restaurants In Virginia Beach
The best Virginia Beach breakfast and brunch restaurants are where to go when you want to eat great bacon, eggs, waffles, pancakes, omelets, or any early morning delicacy:
- Doc Taylor’s Restaurant at 207 23rd St
- Bay Local Eatery at 2917 Shore Dr
- Milton’s Bay Cafe at 2253 W Great Neck Rd
- Simple Eats Restaurant at 3152 Shore Dr
- Pocahontas Pancake House at 3420 Atlantic Ave
- Pier 23 Restaurant at 2224 Atlantic Ave
- Waffles & Co at 1710 Pacific Ave
- Log Cabin Pancake House at 1614 Atlantic Ave
Both Bay Local Eatery and Simple Eats Restaurant are good places to eat breakfast dishes that are made with ingredients sourced from the region. Pocahontas Pancake House serves really good breakfast items including waffles, sandwiches, omelets, and of course pancakes.
Waffles & Co and Log Cabin Pancake House offer breakfast buffets in your area where you can get fine servings of pancakes, French toast, waffles, omelets, and sandwiches.
Vegan & Vegetarian Breakfasts
Healthy vegan or vegetarian breakfast spots are more popular than ever and some of the best in town are:
- Fruitive at 1624 Laskin Rd #740
- The Stockpot at 700 19th St #106
- Cltre Vegan Joint at 1309 Fordham Dr #106
Fruitive is a plant based restaurant serving breakfast dishes that are made from scratch. Healthy breakfast meals near you are available at The Stockpot. If you’re looking for vegan waffles Cltre Vegan Joint is one of the best restaurants to stop by.
Donut Shops In Virginia Beach
Make a quick stop at a local donut shop if you are running late:
- Okie Doughkie Donuts at 1609 Laskin Rd
- Amazing Glazed at 321 Johnstown Rd
- Duck Donuts at 233 Laskin Rd
- Dunkin’ at 1297 General Booth Blvd
- Krispy Kreme at 4901 Virginia Beach Blvd
Hot made to order donuts with over 9,000 toppings to choose from are sold at Amazing Glazed as well as other desserts that are imported from Italy. Dunkin’ is a popular stop for coffee, espresso, breakfast sandwiches, and donuts. You can customize your donuts at Duck.
Bagel Shops Near You
Enjoy some great bagels and maybe even a breakfast sandwich at:
- Brooklyn Bagels at 2201 Upton Dr #904
- The Bagel Baker at 1340 N Great Neck Rd #1248
- Einstein Bros. Bagels at 1 Columbus Center #104
Brooklyn Bagels serves bagels, salads, sandwiches, and other breakfast items.
From Danishes to cinnamon rolls to quiche these bakeries should have you covered:
- May’s Parlor at 2708 Pacific Ave
- Sweet Indulgences at 809 Wysong Ct
- Sugar Plum Bakery at 1353 Laskin Rd
- Flour Child Bakery at 1716 Pleasure House Rd #104
- Heritage Bake Shoppe at 3600 Dam Neck Rd
Cafes In Your Area
Jump start your day with that boost of caffeine we all need at one of these cafes:
- Perked Up Coffee Cafe’ at 3198 Pacific Ave #134
- Bad Ass Coffee of Hawaii at 619 18th St
- Java Surf Café & Espresso Bar at 1807 Mediterranean Ave
- Lynnhaven Coffee at 2945 Shore Dr
Smoothies & Juice Bars
Usually these smoothie and juice bars will also have some quick and easy healthy meals:
- The Green Cat Juice Bar & Market at 3801 Pacific Ave
- Not Your Ordinary Juice Bar at 701 Lynnhaven Pkwy
- Juicebar Juices at 3877 Holland Road
- Tropical Smoothie Cafe at 3813 Princess Anne Rd #125
- Alkalicious Cold Pressed Juice Bar at Towne Place At Greenbrier
All Day Breakfast Restaurants
Bacon and eggs are always delish and these all day breakfast restaurants in Virginia Beach will serve them whenever you are ready:
- Citrus Breakfast & Lunch at 357 N Great Neck Rd
- Sunnyside Cafe & Restaurant at 508 Atlantic Ave
- Rick’s Cafe at 1612 Virginia Beach Blvd
- Pop’s Diner Co. at 2808 Sabre St
Citrus Breakfast & Lunch offers an all day breakfast menu in your area with everything made from scratch. Sunnyside has a spacious dining room and an outdoor terrace where you can eat pancakes, omelets, waffles, wraps, sandwiches, and other breakfast items all day.
Rick’s Café is open 24/7 serving all day breakfast, lunch, and dinner. There are great servings of pancakes, French toast, omelets, and more at Pop’s Diner. All day breakfast is also served at places from some different lists including Doc Taylor’s Restaurant, Pocahontas Pancake House, Simple Eats Restaurant, Pier 23 Restaurant, Log Cabin Pancake House, and The Stockpot.
Some of you may also want to read about:
- Our Favorite Breakfast Spots in Richmond
- Our Favorite Breakfast Spots in Washington DC
- Our Favorite Breakfast Spots in Baltimore
- Our Favorite Breakfast Spots in Raleigh
Enjoy Your Breakfast In Virginia Beach
All of those local breakfast spots to get your eggs, omelets, bacon, pancakes, or waffles as well as buffets, healthy vegetarian and vegan options, donut and bagel shops near you, cafes, smoothie and juice bars, and all day restaurants in your area are ready whenever you are.
It would be great if you could let us know if we got anything incorrect in the comments, and feel free to share any early morning meal tips for this town that you may have as well. Now go have fun enjoying your breakfast in Virginia Beach.