Over the next few minutes we hope that you all will be learning quite a bit about the best places to eat breakfast in Baltimore. Whether you need to rush out the door right now or are planning for tomorrow morning we think we can give you an assist.
There really is no better way for us to get the ball rolling than by listing the best all-around brunch and breakfast restaurants in Baltimore. Eggs, omelets, waffles, pancakes, cinnamon rolls, sandwiches, wraps, bacon, sausage, and plenty of other delicious meals can be had somewhere around town.
Healthy options for vegan and vegetarian breakfast in your area will be up next. Heading to a donut and bagel shop or bakery early in the morning to get them when they are hot and fresh out of the oven is a solid idea.
Cafes to get your coffee and additional healthy options like smoothies and juice bars deserve a shout out. We will get you out of here with a list of the best all day breakfast spots near you to enjoy one of these meals whenever you feel like it, and we will always try to point out any brunch buffets that are available when we can.
Expect to find a local map for early morning restaurants towards the end to help you find the closest spot, and we welcome you all to check out our other posts on this area if interested.
Best Breakfast & Brunch Restaurants In Baltimore
The best Baltimore breakfast and brunch restaurants are where to go when you want to eat great bacon, eggs, waffles, pancakes, omelets, or any early morning delicacy:
- Miss Shirley’s Café at 513 W Cold Spring Ln
- Blue Moon Café at 1621 Aliceanna St
- Lenny’s Delicatessen at 9107 Reisterstown Rd
- Spoons at 24 E Cross St
- Eggspectation at 6010 University Blvd, Ellicott City
- The Trolley Stop at 6 Oella Ave, Ellicott City
- Café Mezcla at 6420 Freetown Rd, Columbia
- Sunny Day Café at 101 S Main St, Bel Air
Miss Shirley’s Café serves some of the best pancakes in your area every day from 8am to 3pm. Traditional American breakfast dishes are available from 7am to 3pm daily at Blue Moon Café. Lenny’s Delicatessen prepares early local breakfasts and baked goods starting at 7am.
Spoons offers breakfast and lunch items all day as well as coffee, beer, wine, and cocktails. Eggspectation provides a variety of eggs and other breakfast dishes daily from 7am to 8pm, while The Trolley Stop is open from 8am to 9pm Tuesday through Sunday.
Sweet and savory crepes, waffles, sandwiches, coffees, and teas are prepared every Thursday through Sunday from 10am to 3pm at Café Mezcla. Sunny Day Café provides selections of crepes, omelets, sandwiches, and salads daily from 7am to 3pm.
Vegan & Vegetarian Breakfasts
Healthy vegan or vegetarian breakfast spots are more popular than ever and some of the best in town are:
- One World Café at 100 W University Pkwy
- Plantbar at 3700 Toone St
- Vegan Soul Bakery at 8775 Cloudleap Ct #107, Columbia
One World Café offers vegetarian, vegan, and gluten free meals every Wednesday through Friday from 10am to 8pm and at 9am on Saturday and Sunday. Delectable juices, smoothies, and superfood bowls with vegan, gluten free, and keto friendly options are available every day for a healthy early breakfast near you from 7am to 7pm at Plantbar.
Vegan Soul Bakery serves savory foods and meals with vegetarian and pescatarian alternatives.
Donuts Shops In Baltimore
Make a quick stop at a local donut shop if you are running late:
- Diablo Doughnuts at 3432 S Hanover St
- Fenwick Bakery at 7219 Harford Rd
- Cloudy Donut Co at 4311 Harford Rd
- Blondie’s Doughnuts at 301 W 29th St
- Over Rice at 10039 Baltimore National Pike #B, Ellicott City
- Newberry at 140 N Bond St, Bel Air
Diablo Doughnuts serves traditional and artisanal items for an early breakfast in Baltimore from 6am to 1pm Thursday through Friday and from 8am to 2pm Saturday through Sunday. Fenwick Bakery produces fresh breads, donuts, pies, cookies, and cakes from 7am to 5pm Monday through Friday and from 7am to 4pm on Saturday. Cloudy Donut has some gourmet vegan alternatives.
Over Rice is known for its poke bowls and mochi donuts that are made every day from 11:30am to 8:30pm. Newberry specializes in freshly baked donuts and pastries and serves early local breakfast and coffee from 7am to 2pm Wednesday through Sunday. Woodlea Bakery from our best bakeries list also sells some of the finest donuts in Baltimore.
Bagel Shops Near You
Enjoy some great bagels and maybe even a breakfast sandwich at:
- Belvedere Bagels & Grill at 1023 N Charles St
- Bottoms Up Bagels at 2731 Greenmount Ave
- Greg’s Bagels at 519 E Belvedere Ave
- Goldbergs Bagels & Coffee at 1500 Reisterstown Rd
- Roland Park Bagels at 500 W Cold Spring Ln
- Bagel Bin & Hoagie House at 10040 Baltimore National Pike E130, Ellicott City
- THB Bagelry & Deli at 16 Allegheny Ave, Towson
- Bagel Works at 15 E Churchville Rd, Bel Air
From Danishes to cinnamon rolls to quiche these bakeries should have you covered:
- Harmony Bakery at 3446 Chestnut Ave
- Vaccaro’s Italian Pastry Shop at 222 Albemarle St
- Fresh Bakery at 10351 Reisterstown Rd
- Patisserie Poupon at 820 E Baltimore St
- Tous Les Jours at 9380 Baltimore National Pike #111, Ellicott City
- Corner Bakery at 823 Goucher Blvd, Towson
- Touche Touchet at 10400 Shaker Dr, Columbia
- Woodlea Bakery at 548 Baltimore Pike, Bel Air
Harmony Bakery offers gluten free desserts, pastries, and sweet treats from 9am to 4pm Thursday through Saturday and from 10am to 3pm on Sunday. Fresh Bakery serves specialty square cakes and treats from 7am to 7pm Monday through Friday, every Saturday from 9am to 6pm, and from 12pm to 5pm on Sunday.
Patisserie Poupon provides a wide variety of cakes, pastries, cookies, tarts, desserts, croissants, and breads. Sweet and savory breads and baked goods are available daily from 8am to 9pm at Tous Les Jours. Fine sandwiches, pastas, pastries, and breakfasts all day in your area are served from 7am to 3pm daily at Corner Bakery.
Touche Touchet sells custom cakes, pastries, cupcakes, and sandwiches from 8am to 4pm Tuesday through Saturday and from 9am to 2pm on Sunday. Delectable breads, pies, cookies, cakes, and more are available at Woodlea from 7am to 7pm Tuesday through Saturday and from 7am to 2pm on Sunday.
Cafes In Your Area
Jump start your day with that boost of caffeine we all need at one of these cafes:
- Ceremony Coffee Roasters at 520 Park Ave
- Artifact Coffee at 1500 Union Ave
- OneDo Coffee Roasters at 913 S Lakewood Ave
- Koba Café at 644 E Fort Ave
- Order & Chaos Coffee at 1410 Key Hwy
- Little Market Café at 3731 Hamilton St, Ellicott City
- Old Mill Café at 4 Frederick Rd, Ellicott City
- Coffee Talk Café at 22 W Pennsylvania Ave #101, Towson
- Mad City Coffee at 10801 Hickory Ridge Rd, Columbia
- Coffee Coffee at 5 Bel Air S Pkwy #117, Bel Air
Ceremony Coffee Roasters serves delicious granola and French toast from 6:30am to 8pm Monday through Saturday and from 8am to 6pm on Sunday. Several light meals are available daily from 8am to 3pm at Artifact Coffee. OneDo Coffee Roasters offers premium teas, pastries, and light breakfast fare near you from 7am to 5pm Monday through Friday and from 8am to 5pm on weekends.
Espressos and light fare are available early starting at 6am on weekdays and 7am on weekends at Koba Café. Order and Chaos Coffee prepares espresso drinks, sandwiches, baked goods, and local breakfasts from 7am to 4pm Monday through Friday and from 8am to 5pm Saturday through Sunday. Scrumptious meals, pastries, and espressos are provided starting at 9am every day except Monday at Little Market Café.
Numerous selections of sandwiches, salads, ice cream, and breakfast items are made every Monday through Thursday from 7:30am to 5pm and from 7am to 5pm on Friday at Coffee Talk Café. Mad City Coffee sells coffee, simple breakfast items, sandwiches, and salads beginning at 7am Monday through Saturday.
Smoothies & Juice Bars
Usually these smoothie and juice bars will also have some quick and easy healthy meals:
- Corner Juice Bar at 2400 Fleet St
- Liquid Earth at 1626 Aliceanna St
- EarthShake at 600 S Wolfe
- Clean Juice at 1706 Whetstone Way
- Apna Juice Bar at 8018 Main St, Ellicott City
- Tropical Smoothie Café at 9150 Baltimore National Pike, Ellicott City
- Pure Raw Juice at 6811 York Rd Towson
- Healthy Island Smoothies at 10300 Little Patuxent Pkwy, Columbia
- Z Vault at 201 S Main St, Bel Air
Both The Land of Kush and Plantbar from our best vegan and vegetarian breakfasts in Baltimore list also make really good smoothies.
All Day Breakfast Restaurants
Bacon and eggs are always delish and these all day breakfast restaurants in Baltimore will serve them whenever you are ready:
- Saturday Morning Café at 236 S High St
- Lost in the 50’s Diner at 5512 Harford Rd
- Pete’s Grille at 3130 Greenmount Ave
- Iron Rooster at 1606 Whetstone Way
- The Corner Pantry at 6080 Falls Rd
- EC Diner at 10055 Baltimore National Pike, Ellicott City
- Cunningham’s Café & Bakery at 1 Olympic Pl, Towson
- Towson Diner at 718 York Rd, Towson
Saturday Morning Café offers an all day breakfast in your area. Lost in the 50’s Diner prepares pancakes, French toast, waffles, and more all day from 7am to 5pm Monday through Friday and from 8am to 5pm on weekends. Pete’s Grille serves traditional Southern breakfast fare all day from 7am to 2pm Monday through Saturday and from 8am to 2pm on Sunday.
Classic local breakfasts are available from 7am to 3pm daily at Iron Rooster. The Corner Pantry makes breakfasts all day every Monday through Friday from 7am to 3pm and from 8am to 3pm on Saturday. EC Diner provides early breakfasts, cakes, pancakes, milkshakes, and more daily from 6am to 11pm.
All day breakfasts, sandwiches, and lattes are offered every day from 7am to 3pm at Cunningham’s Café and Bakery. A wide selection of classic American breakfasts and desserts are available at the Towson Diner. All day breakfasts near you are also available at Spoons, Blue Moon Café, and Corner Bakery who we have linked you to in other sections.
Some of you may also want to read about:
- All-Day Breakfast & Buffets in Washington DC
- All-Day Breakfast & Buffets in Philadelphia
- All-Day Breakfast & Buffets in New York City
- All-Day Breakfast & Buffets in Pittsburgh
Enjoy Your Breakfast In Baltimore
All of those local breakfast spots to get your eggs, omelets, bacon, pancakes, or waffles as well as buffets, healthy vegetarian and vegan options, donut and bagel shops near you, cafes, smoothie and juice bars, and all day restaurants in your area are ready whenever you are.
It would be great if you could let us know if we got anything incorrect in the comments, and feel free to share any early morning meal tips for this town that you may have as well. Now go have fun enjoying your breakfast in Baltimore.