Hey there and thanks for checking out this deep dive into the best places to eat breakfast in New York City. Our only real goal is to help you find the right meal to get your day going.
The best all-around brunch and breakfast restaurants in New York City will kick us off. We know that many of you will be trying to find delicious eggs, omelets, waffles, pancakes, cinnamon rolls, sandwiches, wraps, bacon, sausage, or more and the spots on that list will have what you are after.
Up next we will get into healthy vegan and vegetarian breakfast options in your area. Our next few subjects are pretty similar with local bakeries, donut, and bagel shops.
Drinks will be our next focus as cafes to get your coffee as well as some more healthy options like smoothies and juice bars get a mention. All day breakfast restaurants near you will wrap this up because we know that the morning hours are not the only time to indulge, and we will try to mention any brunch buffets throughout the post when applicable.
Towards the conclusion you will find a map with every place we mention pinned on it, and anyone that wants to check out our other local Northeast breakfast guides can do so right there.
Best New York City Breakfast & Brunch Restaurants
You will have a good chance of finding the best bacon, eggs, waffles, pancakes, omelets, and more if you eat at the best New York City breakfast and brunch restaurants:
- Penelope at 159 Lexington Ave, Manhattan
- The Blue Dog at 308 W 50th St, Manhattan
- Banter at 169 Sullivan St, Manhattan
- Jacob’s Pickles at 509 Amsterdam Ave, Manhattan
- Clinton St Baking Co at 4 Clinton St, Manhattan
- Café Luluc at 214 Smith St, Brooklyn
- Buttermilk Channel at 524 Court St, Brooklyn
- Cozy Cottage at 4105 Boston Rd, Bronx
- Golden Eagle Restaurant at 975 Morris Park Ave, Bronx
- Café Henri at 1010 50th Ave, Queens
- Café 1 of a Kind at 255-13 Northern Blvd, Queens
- Project Brunch at 4553 Arthur Kill Rd, Staten Island
- J’s On The Bay at 1189 Bay St, Staten Island
Penelope is open every day from 9am to 9pm serving American comfort foods in a country chic setting. Sandwiches, salads, and breakfast classics are available from 8:30am to 10pm at The Blue Dog.
Banter is a breakfast and lunch café in your area serving sweet and savory Australian dishes and coffee on weekdays from 8am to 3pm and until 4pm on weekends. Fried chicken biscuit sandwiches, homemade pickles, and many more Southern favorites are offered at Jacob’s.
Café Luluc is a casual French restaurant providing great brunch along with coffee every day from 9am to 10pm. Hearty American comfort foods for breakfast and brunch in Brooklyn are served at Buttermilk Channel.
Greek, Italian, and American breakfast and brunch classics are available every day from 6am to 5pm at Cozy Cottage. Golden Eagle Restaurant is a good place to eat breakfast in the Bronx along with sandwiches and salads and they are open from 6am to 10pm.
Café Henri specializes in crepes and other traditional French dishes. You can get baked goods, sandwiches, and quality coffee on weekdays from 10am to 8:10pm and from 9am on weekends at Café 1 of a Kind.
Inventive breakfast fare as well as sandwiches and salads are served every day from 8am to 3pm at Project Brunch in Staten Island. J’s On The Bay is a breakfast and brunch restaurant near you serving up omelets, pancakes, sandwiches, and salads except for Monday when they are closed.
Vegan & Vegetarian Breakfasts
Have your first meal at one of these healthy vegan or vegetarian breakfast spots if you want to live your best life:
- The Butcher’s Daughter at 19 Kenmare St
- Champs Diner at 197 Meserole St, Brooklyn
- Guevara’s at 39 Clifton Place, Brooklyn
- Vegan Grill at 1021 Castle Hill Ave, Bronx
- Smile of the Beyond at 8614 Parsons Blvd, Queens
- Tri Lounge & Café at 1938 Clove Rd, Staten Island
- Nacho Mama at 35 Richmond Terrace Empire Outlets, Staten Island
The Butcher’s Daughter serves vegan and vegetarian fare as well as juices from 8am to 9pm Monday through Thursday and until 10pm on Friday and Saturday.
American comfort foods like eggs Benedict, French toast, waffles, omelets, and acai bowls are served in a laid back setting from 10am to 11pm daily at Champs Diner.
Guevara’s prepares vegan sandwiches, pastries, and coffee every day from 7am to 10pm. Vegan and vegetarian breakfast near you along with lunch and dinner as well as plant based extract juices and smoothies are provided at Vegan Grill.
Smile of the Beyond offers vegetarian versions of breakfast classics in Queens as well as fresh juices and smoothies six days a week until 3pm. Vegan burgers, sandwiches, smoothies, and plenty more are available from 10am to 8pm at Tri Lounge and Café.
Nacho Mama is a vegan and plant based restaurant serving healthy dishes in Staten Island like scrambles, breakfast burritos, oatmeal, and home fries as well as fresh juices, smoothies, and much more.
Donuts Shops In New York City
Or just eat something delicious at one of these donut shops near you:
- The Donut Pub at 203 W 14th St, Manhattan
- Dough at 700 8th Ave, Manhattan
- Doughnut Plant at 89 E 42nd St, Manhattan
- Peter Pan Donut & Pastry Shop at 727 Manhattan Ave, Brooklyn
- Mike’s Donuts at 6822 5th Ave, Brooklyn
- Moe’s Doughs at 126 Nassau Ave, Brooklyn
- GOnuts Doughnuts at 90-18 Corona Ave, Queens
- Gold’N Honey at 25-03 Ditmars Blvd, Queens
- Country Donuts at 3235 Richmond Ave, Staten Island
- Donut World at 11A Holden Blvd, Staten Island
The Donut Pub offers pastries, sandwiches, and coffee all throughout the day. Dough sells fresh doughnuts every day starting at 9am.
Doughnut Plant excels at handcrafting deliciously unique local doughnuts from 7am to 7pm Wednesday through Friday and until 6pm on weekends. Donuts, pastries, egg creams, and shakes are served on weekdays for an early breakfast in Brooklyn starting at 4:30am and 5am on weekends at Peter Pan.
Mike’s is open even earlier at 4am providing a wide variety of donuts, bagels, and muffins. You can get classic and creative homemade donuts, burgers, sandwiches, and other items at Moe’s every day starting at 5am.
GOnuts makes fresh homemade donuts in Queens as well as coffee, espressos, bubble teas, milkshakes, rapados, Hawaiian shaved ice, and lunch items on weekdays starting at 7am and 8am on weekends.
Gold’N Honey is a good place to try Greek loukoumades along with coffee and espresso. American comfort foods, custom donuts, sandwiches, and smoothie bowls are served for an early breakfast near you from 5am to 10pm at Country.
Donut World provides a wide range of delectable specialties from 8am to 7pm Monday through Saturday and until 6pm on Sunday.
Local Bagel Shops
Expect to find a wide variety of bagels and probably even some breakfast sandwiches at:
- Murray’s Bagels at 500 6th Ave, Manhattan
- Tompkins Square Bagels at 165 Ave A, Manhattan
- Ess-a-Bagel at 831 3rd Ave, Manhattan
- Knickerbocker Bagel at 367 Knickerbocker Ave, Brooklyn
- Lula Bagel at 816 Nostrand Ave, Brooklyn
- Empire Bagels at 3101 Westchester Ave, Bronx
- Bagels and Cream at 1728 Eastchester Rd, Bronx
- Utopia Bagels at 1909 Utopia Pkwy, Queens
- Whitestone Bagel Factory at 24-17 149th St, Queens
- Bagels N’ Buns at 2491 Victory Blvd, Staten Island
- Not Just Bagels at 1910 Hylan Blvd, Staten Island
Don’t forget about the bagels at Mike’s Donuts from our previous list.
There are lots of bakeries around town that have good early morning options:
- Orwashers at 308 E 78th St, Manhattan
- Breads Bakery at 18 E 16th St, Manhattan
- Pasticceria Rocco at 243 Bleecker St #4438, Manhattan
- Ferrara Bakery & Café at 195 Grand St, Manhattan
- Mia’s Brooklyn Bakery at 139 Smith St, Brooklyn
- Martha’s Country Bakery at 263 Bedford Ave, Brooklyn
- Madonia Brothers Bakery at 2348 Arthur Ave, Bronx
- Artuso Pastry Shop at 670 E 187th St, Bronx
- Lety’s Bakery and Café at 7707 37th Ave, Queens
- Royal Crown Bakery at 1350 Hylan Blvd, Staten Island
Orwashers Bakery sells artisanal cookies, sweets, and gourmet foods from 7am to 6pm Monday through Saturday and until 5pm on Sunday. Handcrafted treats, baked goods, sandwiches, and coffee are available from 7am to 8pm daily at Breads Bakery.
Pasticceria Rocco offers Italian pastries, custom cakes, and espresso starting at 7:30am. Ferrara Bakery and Café is known for its cannoli and other Italian desserts.
Signature desserts, savory items, and coffees are offered at Mia’s where they also feature an outdoor patio. Some of the best American dessert classics are provided at Martha’s Country Bakery from 6am to 12am Sunday through Thursday and until 1am on Friday and Saturday.
Madonia Brothers is an old fashioned Italian bakery selling traditional and savory breads, cookies, and cannolis from 6am to 7pm Monday through Saturday and until 6pm on Sunday. A variety of cookies, biscotti, cakes, and pastries are available at Artuso Pastry Shop.
Let’s Bakery and Café is a good place to go for coffees, cookies, pastries, and cakes starting at 6:30am. Italian breads, pastries, and hot meals are served along with good coffee at Royal Crown Bakery from 6am to 7pm.
Cafes In Your Area
Kick your day off with a caffeine blast at one of these cafes:
- Little Collins at 708 3rd Ave, Manhattan
- Maman at 239 Centre St, Manhattan
- Black Fox Coffee at 70 Pine St, Manhattan
- Le Grainne Café at 183 9th Ave, Manhattan
- Social House Café at 60 Broadway, Brooklyn
- Roots Café at 639 5th Ave, Brooklyn
- Prince Coffee House at 2306 Arthur Ave, Bronx
- Coffee Bay at 3431 Eastchester Rd, Bronx
- Grey Café at 195-19 Northern Blvd, Queens
- Bloom Café at 1203 Bay St, Staten Island
- Northside Coffee at 605 Forest Ave, Staten Island
Little Collins is open on weekdays from 7am to 4pm and from 8am on weekends serving local breakfast, sandwiches, salads, and pastries.
Classic French and American baked goods as well as sandwiches, salads, and soups are offered from 7:30am to 6pm at Maman.
Black Fox is a good place to go for breakfast plates in NYC along with gourmet coffees. Le Grainne Café is a laid back Parisian style bistro serving classic French cuisine, desserts, and coffee starting at 9am.
Social House Café is open every day from 7:30am to 5:30pm selling delicious French pastries such as almond croissant and gluten free red velvet.
Breakfast and sandwiches are served along with live music on weekdays from 7:30am to 4pm and from 8:30am on weekends at Roots Café.
Prince features modern décor and a patio and serves pastries, espresso, and other drinks from 7am to 11pm daily. You can get sandwiches, croissants, bagels, coffee blends, and smoothies at Grey Café starting at 7am.
Bloom Café provides healthy breakfast and lunch with vegan and gluten free options from 8am to 3pm Wednesday through Friday and from 9am on weekends.
Breakfast, lunch, traditional pastries, salads, and acai bowls as well as high quality coffee, tea, and smoothies are offered every day from 7am to 4pm at Northside.
Smoothies & Juice Bars
Wraps, sandwiches, bowls, and other healthy food for your morning should also be available at these smoothie and juice bars:
- Agavi at 72 E 7th St, Manhattan
- Om Juice Bar at 62 Madison Ave, Manhattan
- Playa Bowls at 299 7th Ave, Manhattan
- Juice Generation at 210 Bedford Ave, Brooklyn
- Juices For Life at 277 Malcolm X Blvd, Brooklyn
- Fresh Wey Juice Bar at 1354 White Plains Rd, Bronx
- Juice Lounge at 725 Burke Ave, Bronx
- Kings Juice Bar at 955 Seneca Ave, Queens
- Pure Juicery at 895 Annadale Rd, Staten Island
You can also get smoothies at places from some different lists including Peacefood, Smile of the Beyond, A Live Kitchen, Tri Lounge and Café, Nacho Mama, Grey Café, Northside Coffee, and Andrews NYC Diner.
All Day Breakfast Restaurants
When you want your bacon and eggs on your own schedule visit an New York City all day breakfast restaurant:
- Johny’s Luncheonette at 124 W 25th St, Manhattan
- Andrews NYC Diner at 463 7th Ave, Manhattan
- Tom’s Restaurant at E 782 Washington Ave, Brooklyn
- Angie’s Breakfast Spot at 1637 Broadway, Brooklyn
- Webster Cafe & Diner at 2873 Webster Ave, Bronx
- George’s Diner at 2369 Westchester Ave, Bronx
- Mom’s Kitchen & Bar at 33-01 31st Ave, Queens
- Jerry’s 637 Diner at 637 Bay St, Staten Island
- Court Square Diner at 45-30 23rd St, Long Island
- Thomas’s Ham & Eggery Diner at 325 Old Country Rd, Long Island
Johny’s Luncheonette serves breakfast and lunch classics all day in your area from 8am to 2:30pm daily. American comfort foods, coffee, and smoothies are served all day at Andrews NYC Diner on weekdays starting at 6am and from 7am on weekends.
Tom’s is an American restaurant providing breakfast and lunch all day near you. A wide range of American and Spanish breakfast and lunch dishes are served in a laid back setting from 7am to 3pm at Angie’s.
Webster Café and Diner offers all day breakfast in The Bronx along with American comfort foods and Mexican cuisine every day from 6am to 9pm. Breakfast is served all day from 5am to 11pm at George’s Diner.
Mom’s Kitchen and Bar offers American fare for all day brunch in Queens starting at 9am. All day breakfast and American classics are served from 7:30am to 3pm at Jerry’s 637 Diner.
Court Square Diner is open 24 hours a day providing American classics and breakfast all day. Thomas’ Ham and Eggery Diner is a good place to eat skillet eggs, pancakes, and other breakfast favorites in Long Island every day from 7am to 9pm.
Just in case you were interested we have also written about:
Enjoy Your Breakfast In New York City
For now that is all we have to mention but check back often because we plan to update this page throughout the year. Now that you know about all of those local breakfast spots to get your eggs, omelets, bacon, pancakes, or waffles as well as buffets, healthy vegetarian and vegan options, donut and bagel shops near you, cafes, smoothie and juice bars, and all day restaurants you can tackle the morning.
Don’t be afraid to mention if we got anything incorrect in the comments, and feel free to share any early morning meal tips for your area that you may have too. Now go have fun enjoying your breakfast in New York City.