Hello and welcome to this post on the best places to eat breakfast in Winnipeg. By the time you finish reading this you will be ready to rush out the door to eat a tasty meal.
Our opening section will discuss the best all-around brunch and breakfast restaurants in Winnipeg. Whether you are searching for eggs, omelets, waffles, pancakes, cinnamon rolls, sandwiches, wraps, bacon, sausage, or any other delicious morning meal somewhere on that list should have you covered.
Then we will talk about healthy vegan and vegetarian breakfast options. Donuts, bagels, and bakeries will round out our next few topics.
After all of that is out of the way we will pivot to drinks and discuss local cafes to get your coffee as well as some more healthy stuff like smoothies and juices. Our final section will tell you about the best all day breakfast restaurants near you because this food tastes so great it shouldn’t only be limited to the morning hours.
Throughout the post any time a brunch buffet is available we will try to point that out, and you can also expect there to be a map for your area towards the end to help you find the closest spot. Anyone that is interested is welcome to check out our other posts on this area of the world right there.
Best Breakfast & Brunch Restaurants In Winnipeg
If you are searching for places to eat your bacon, eggs, waffles, pancakes, omelets, or any early morning delight the best Winnipeg breakfast and brunch restaurants are a good place to look:
- Clementine at 123 Princess St
- Seine River Cafe at 390 Provenc her Blvd
- Danny’s All-Day Breakfast at 1 Forks Market Rd
- Miss Browns at 242 Hargrave St
- The Don Restaurant at 120 Donald St #2
- Juneberry at 531 St Mary’s Rd
Clementine is a cozy, lower-level spot with stone walls that serves Belgian waffles, Turkish eggs, porridge, creative brunch fare, and breakfast cocktails.
Seine River Cafe takes pride in their extensive All-Day Breakfast menu which includes old country skillet and create-your-own-omelette options plus they are known to serve some of the best buttermilk pancakes in your area.
Some of the most popular breakfast items at Danny’s All Day Breakfast are the bacon and eggs breakfast and the bacon pan scramblers.
Miss Browns takes pride in using only the freshest, house-smoked meats to fill their breakfast sandwiches while all of the fillings are cooked to perfection.
The Don Restaurant is a tried-and-true neighborhood hangout that serves pierogi and other locally sourced bites for breakfast and lunch.
Juneberry is a laid-back restaurant with a terrace that serves light bites, salads, and sides, as well as coffee and cocktails. Eggs benedict, sourdough French toast, and the classic breakfast are available 7 days a week from 9am to 3pm.
Vegan & Vegetarian Breakfasts
Healthy vegan or vegetarian breakfast spots are more popular than ever and some of the best in town are:
- Falafel Place at 1101 Corydon Ave
- Stella’s au CCFM at 340 Provencher Blvd
- Modern Electric Lunch at 232 Main St
- Smoothies and Beyond at 720 Watt St
In addition to falafel, Falafel Place serves breakfast, shawarma, and vegan fare from 6:30am to 9pm 7 days a week.
Stella’s au CCFM starts serving healthy breakfasts like avocado toast, tofu scrambles, and oatmeal at 7am.
Vegan breakfast sandwiches and avocado toast are sold at Modern Electric Lunch.
Smoothies and Beyond serves healthy breakfasts like veggie power bowls, veggie wraps, tofu rolls, veggie rolls, and oatmeal.
Donut Shops In Winnipeg
On the other hand if you just want something that tastes delicious one of these local donut shops should suffice:
- Oh Doughnuts at 326 Broadway
- Bronuts Donuts + Coffee at C-100 King St
- Grand Donut Cafe & Bakery at 271 Grassie Blvd #2
If you are looking for the best donuts in Winnipeg we definitely suggest you try one of the above.
Bagel Shops Near You
You should be able to find a wide variety of bagels and probably some breakfast sandwiches at:
- Bagelsmith at 185 Carlton St
- Hudson Bagels at 79 Sherbrook St
- Gunn’s Bakery at 247 Selkirk Ave
- Harvest Bakery & Deli at 1857 Grant Ave
From the everything bagel to cinnamon raisin to bagel and egg breakfast sandwiches you will find what you need at one of those spots.
Bakeries will have many different types of foods that can kick your day off right:
- Lilac Bakery at 920 Grosvenor Ave
- Goodies Bake Shop at 1124 Ellice Ave
- Sleepy Owl Bread at 751 Wall St
- Cobs Bread Bakery at 2025 Corydon Ave #132
- La Belle Baguette at 248 Ave de la Cathedrale
Cafes In Your Area
Get your caffeine boost when you pick up your coffee at one of these cafes in town:
- Café Postal at 202 Provencher Blvd
- Parlour Coffee at 468 Main St
- Fools & Horses Coffee at 242 Hargrave St
- Thom Bargen Coffee & Tea at 64 Sherbrook St
- Little Sister Coffee Maker at 470 River Ave A
Smoothies & Juice Bars
Usually these smoothie and juice bars will also sell some wraps, sandwiches, bowls, and other healthy food for your morning:
- Booster Juice at 503 Portage Ave
- Green Carrot Juice at 11-2090 Corydon Ave
- Smoothies & Beyond at 720 Watt St
- Bella’s Salads & Smoothies at 392 Watt St
All Day Breakfast Restaurants
When you want your bacon and eggs later in the day head to an all day breakfast restaurant in Winnipeg:
- Denny’s at 1750 Sargent Ave
Some other places that we have mentioned throughout this post that offer all day breakfast near you include Seine River Café, Danny’s All Day Breakfast, and The Don Restaurant.
You are also welcome to read our posts on:
- All-Day Breakfast & Buffets in Calgary
- All-Day Breakfast & Buffets in Edmonton
- All-Day Breakfast & Buffets in Ottawa & Gatineau
- All-Day Breakfast & Buffets in Minneapolis & St Paul
Enjoy Your Breakfast In Winnipeg
Well, we wish we had more to share but for now that is all we’ve got. After reading about all of those local breakfast spots to get your eggs, omelets, bacon, pancakes, or waffles as well as buffets, healthy vegetarian and vegan options, donut and bagel shops near you, cafes, smoothie and juice bars, and all day restaurants you should be ready for your next meal.
Do us and our future readers a favor by mentioning if we got anything incorrect in the comments, and feel free to share any early morning meal tips for your area that you may have too. Now go have fun enjoying your breakfast in Winnipeg.