Over the next few minutes we hope that you all will be learning quite a bit about the best places to eat breakfast in Detroit. Whether you need to rush out the door right now or are planning for tomorrow morning we think we can give you an assist.
There really is no better way for us to get the ball rolling than by listing the best all-around brunch and breakfast restaurants in Detroit. Eggs, omelets, waffles, pancakes, cinnamon rolls, sandwiches, wraps, bacon, sausage, and plenty of other delicious meals can be had somewhere around town.
Healthy options for vegan and vegetarian breakfast in your area will be up next. Heading to a donut and bagel shop or bakery early in the morning to get them when they are hot and fresh out of the oven is a solid idea.
Cafes to get your coffee and additional healthy options like smoothies and juice bars deserve a shout out. We will get you out of here with a list of the best all day breakfast spots near you to enjoy one of these meals whenever you feel like it, and we will always try to point out any brunch buffets that are available when we can.
Expect to find a local map for early morning restaurants towards the end to help you find the closest spot, and we welcome you all to look through our other Midwest breakfast blogs right there if you want.
Best Breakfast & Brunch Restaurants In Detroit
The best Detroit breakfast and brunch restaurants are where to go when you want to eat great bacon, eggs, waffles, pancakes, omelets, or any early morning delicacy:
- The Hudson Café at 1241 Woodward Ave
- Dime Store at 719 Griswold St #180
- Clique at 1326 E Jefferson Ave
- Detroit House of Pancakes at 2701 E Jefferson Ave
- Cozy Cabin at 2129 Twelve Mile Rd, Warren
- Bob Evans at 23729 Michigan Ave, Dearborn
- The Pantry Restaurant at 34220 Van Dyke Ave, Sterling Heights
- Leda’s Coney Island at 29469 Five Mile Rd, Livonia
- Breakfast Club at 3672 Rochester Rd, Troy
- Jumps Restaurant at 63 Kercheval Ave #105, Grosse Pointe
- 5th Tavern at 2262 S Telegraph Rd, Bloomfield Hills
- Omelette & Waffle Café at 18900 Northville Rd, Northville
- The Grand Diner at 48730 Grand River Ave, Novi
The Hudson Café serves cinnamon pancakes, eggs Benedict, French toast, and more great breakfasts in your area from 9am to 2pm on weekdays and from 8am to 3pm on weekends.
Handcrafted breakfast items, brunch specialties, and a full bar with beers, wines, and cocktails are available from 8am to 3pm every day except Wednesday at Dime Store.
Detroit House of Pancakes prepares French toast, eggs Benedict, omelets, and more every day from 8am to 3pm.
Cozy Cabin provides a wide selection of hashbrowns, pancakes, French toast, eggs, salads, soups, sandwiches, and more all day in Warren from 7am to 5pm daily.
A full all day breakfast menu in Dearborn that includes ridiculous banana nut hotcakes and homestyle family meals are offered from 7am to 9pm at Bob Evans.
The Pantry Restaurant in Sterling Heights makes breakfast, lunch, and dessert favorites all day from 6am to 2pm daily.
Mouthwatering local breakfast items and desserts are available from 7am to 3pm at Leda’s Coney Island.
Breakfast Club in Troy sells breakfast enchiladas, homemade quiches, French toast, crepes, seafood bowls, and more starting as early as 8am every day.
Omelette and Waffle Café in Northville is open every day from 7am to 2pm.
Delectable omelets, pancakes, French toast, burgers, salads, skillets, sandwiches, and more are served from 7am to 8pm Monday through Saturday and from 7am to 3pm on Sunday at The Grand Diner.
Vegan & Vegetarian Breakfasts
Want to feel your best throughout the day? Then have your first meal at one of these healthy vegan or vegetarian breakfast spots:
- Seva at 66 E Forest Ave
- Beyond Juicery + Eatery at 2911 W Grand Blvd #125
- Avalon on Canfield at 441 W Canfield St
- The Jagged Fork at 18480 Mack Ave
Delicious vegetarian fare and healthy all day breakfast near you are served at Seva.
Beyond Juicery starts serving healthy breakfasts like their popular egg white wrap with tomatoes, cheddar cheese, and avocado at 8am.
Avalon on Canfield sells healthy early morning meals beginning at 7am.
The Jagged Fork starts serving nutritious breakfasts like omelets at 8am.
Donuts Shops In Detroit
Make a quick stop at a local donut shop if you are running late:
- Detroit Mini Donut at 214 E Grand River Ave
- Yellow Light Coffee & Donuts at 14447 E Jefferson Ave
- Holy Moly Donut Shop at 17101 E Warren Ave
- Dooped Donuts at 1555 Broadway St
- Daily Dozen at 13599 E 9 Mile Rd, Warren
- Donut Castle at 11831 E 13 Mile Rd, Warren
- Yum Yum Donuts at 7226 Greenfield Rd, Dearborn
- Street Sweets at 2237 18 Mile Rd, Sterling Heights
- Donut Bar + Coffee at 19734 Haggerty Rd, Livonia
- Looney Baker at 13931 Farmington Rd, Livonia
- Duck Donuts at 2920 W Maple Rd, Troy
Both Bartz and High Octane from our best bakeries list also serve some of the tastiest donuts in Detroit.
Bagel Shops Near You
Enjoy some great bagels and maybe even a breakfast sandwich at:
- New York Bagel at 23316 Woodward Ave
- Eastside Bagel at 21601 Harper Ave
- Big Apple Bagels at 22320 Ford Rd, Dearborn Heights
- Einstein Bros at 5700 Mercury Dr, Dearborn
- Detroit Bagel Factory at 18760 Middlebelt Rd, Livonia
- The Bagel Factory Café at 5389 Crooks Rd, Troy
- Barry Bagels at 876 E Big Beaver Rd, Troy
- Brooklyn Bagel at 4036 Telegraph Rd # 101, Bloomfield Hills
High Octane from our next list sells really good bagels in your area too.
From Danishes to cinnamon rolls to quiche these bakeries should have you covered:
- Angela’s Italian Deli & Bakery at 48852 Romeo Plank Rd
- Good Cakes & Bakes at 19363 Livernois Ave
- Milano Bakery & Café at 3500 Russell St
- Astoria Pastry Shop at 541 Monroe St
- Tringali’s Bakery at 29100 Schoenherr Rd, Warren
- Bartz Bakery at 1532 N Telegraph Rd, Dearborn
- Mannino’s Bakery at 4062 17 Mile Rd, Sterling Heights
- GM Paris Bakery at 28418 Joy Rd, Livonia
- Thomas Cake Shop at 5065 Livernois Rd, Troy
- Classics From Scratch at Maumee Ave, Grosse Pointe
- High Octane Cafe & Bakery at 7192 Highland Rd, Waterford Twp
- Maria’s Italian Bakery at 41706 W 10 Mile Rd, Novi
Appetizing salads, sandwiches, and specialty cakes are available from 8am to 4pm Monday through Saturday at Milano Bakery and Café.
High Octane Café and Bakery sells high quality baked goods and breakfast items including stuffed bagel buns, tacos, loaded tots, curly fries, cookies, and donuts.
Cafes In Your Area
Jump start your day with that boost of caffeine we all need at one of these cafes:
- Roasting Plant Coffee at 660 Woodward Ave
- Dessert Oasis Coffee Roasters at 1220 Griswold St
- Madcap Coffee at 1413 Farmer St
- Awake Café at 4224 3rd Ave
- Dovetail at 29200 Hoover Rd, Warren
- Eat Well Café at 44635 Schoenherr Rd, Sterling Heights
- Coffee + Cream at 38340 Joy Rd, Livonia
- Cafe Immortelle at 4979 Livernois Rd, Troy
- Sweet Brew ‘N Spice at 133 West Main St 2F, Northville
- Joe’s CBD Coffee & Health Café at 41490 Grand River Ave, Novi
Smoothies & Juice Bars
Usually these smoothie and juice bars will also have some quick and easy healthy meals:
- Beyond Juicery & Eatery at 2501 Russell St
- Jungle Juice Bar at 12012 Morang Ave
- Juice Joint at 4614 2nd Ave
- Kwench Juice at 719 Griswold St #110
- Fresh Rootz at 97 W Warren Ave
- Vara Juice at 3673 15 Mile Rd, Sterling Heights
- Motorcity Nutrition at 8963 Wayne Rd, Livonia
- Naked Fuel at 2976 W Maple Rd, Troy
- Clean Juice at 766 W Big Beaver Rd, Troy
- Rhythm + Blue Juice Co at 17864 Mack, Grosse Pointe
- Juice It Nutrition Matters at 4805 Haggerty Rd, West Bloomfield Township
- Raw Organic Juice Bar at 43300 W 11 Mile Rd, Novi
You can also get smoothies for a healthy breakfast near you at places from some different lists including Trap Vegan and Donut Bar + Coffee.
All Day Breakfast Restaurants
Bacon and eggs are always delish and these all day breakfast restaurants in Detroit will serve them whenever you are ready:
- Honest John’s at 488 Selden St
- Cozy Grill Café at 23594 Hoover Rd, Warren
- Annie’s Family Restaurant & Bake Shoppe at 33427 Plymouth Rd, Livonia
- The Maple Leaf Restaurant at 110 W Maple Rd, Troy
- Side Street Diner at 630 St Clair St, Grosse Pointe
Honest John’s offers full American breakfasts all day in your area from 7am to 2am every weekday and from 9am to 2am every weekend.
Early breakfast classic options are prepared from 7:30am to 3pm daily at Cozy Grill Café.
The Maple Leaf Restaurant provides local breakfast items all day from 8am to 8pm Monday through Saturday and from 8am to 3pm on Sunday.
All day breakfasts in Detroit are also served at places from some previous lists including Cozy Cabin, Dime Store, Bob Evans, The Pantry Restaurant, The Grand Diner, and Seva.
Some of you may also want to read about where to find the best:
- Bacon, Eggs & Pancakes in Cleveland
- Bacon, Eggs & Pancakes in Grand Rapids
- Bacon, Eggs & Pancakes in Indianapolis
- Bacon, Eggs & Pancakes in Chicago
Enjoy Your Breakfast In Detroit
All of those local breakfast spots to get your eggs, omelets, bacon, pancakes, or waffles as well as buffets, healthy vegetarian and vegan options, donut and bagel shops near you, cafes, smoothie and juice bars, and all day restaurants in your area are ready whenever you are.
It would be great if you could let us know if we got anything incorrect in the comments, and feel free to share any early morning meal tips for this town that you may have as well. Now go have fun enjoying your breakfast in Detroit.