Hello and welcome to this post on the best places to eat breakfast in Boston. By the time you finish reading this you will be ready to rush out the door to eat a tasty meal.
Our opening section will discuss the best all-around brunch and breakfast restaurants in Boston. Whether you are searching for eggs, omelets, waffles, pancakes, cinnamon rolls, sandwiches, wraps, bacon, sausage, or any other delicious morning meal somewhere on that list should have you covered.
Then we will talk about healthy vegan and vegetarian breakfast options. Donuts, bagels, and bakeries will round out our next few topics.
After all of that is out of the way we will pivot to drinks and discuss local cafes to get your coffee as well as some more healthy stuff like smoothies and juices. Our final section will tell you about the best all day breakfast restaurants near you because this food tastes so great it shouldn’t only be limited to the morning hours.
Throughout the post any time a brunch buffet is available we will try to point that out, and you can also expect there to be a map for your area towards the end to help you find the closest spot. Anyone that is interested is welcome to check out our other posts on this area of the world right there.
Best Breakfast & Brunch Restaurants In Boston
If you are searching for places to eat your bacon, eggs, waffles, pancakes, omelets, or any early morning delight the best Boston breakfast and brunch restaurants are a good place to look:
- The Friendly Toast at 35 Stanhope St
- South End Buttery at 314 Shawmut Ave
- Mike & Patty’s at 12 Church St
- North Street Grille at 229 North St
- Café Luna at 612 Main St, Cambridge
- Pressed Café at 300 Needham St, Newton
- The Cottage Wellesley at 190 Linden St, Wellesley
- Mel’s Commonwealth Café at 310 Commonwealth Rd, Wayland
- Busy Bee Restaurant & Diner at 1046 Beacon St, Brookline
The Friendly Toast serves breakfast all day in Boston including omelets, scrambles, quesadillas, coffees, and more with gluten free, vegan, and vegetarian options.
Mike and Patty’s specializes in egg dishes and breakfast sandwiches that they serve all day.
Breakfast favorites and scrumptious meals are available from 8am to 4pm Thursday through Sunday at North Street Grille.
Café Luna in Cambridge offers specialty sandwiches, bowl salads, waffles, omelets, pancakes, espressos, and more from 9am to 2pm daily.
Pressed Café makes hot lattes, egg sandwiches, and full breakfasts in Newton with bold flavors and fresh ingredients from 5am to 10pm every day.
Delectable breakfasts in Wayland that include great pancakes, egg specialties, waffles, French toast, and sides are served from 6am to 2pm Monday through Saturday and from 7am to 2pm on Sunday at Mel’s Commonwealth Café.
Busy Bee Restaurant and Diner provides local homemade breakfast meals all day from 7am to 3pm Monday through Friday and from 7am to 2pm on Saturday.
Vegan & Vegetarian Breakfasts
Want to feel your best throughout the day? Then have your first meal at one of these healthy vegan or vegetarian breakfast spots:
- Energize at 265 Massachusetts Ave
- Veggie Galaxy at 450 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge
- Cocobeet at 57 Central St, Wellesley
Classic breakfasts served all day with vegetarian options are available at Veggie Galaxy.
Energize features plant based organic food options in four distinct categories including smoothie bowls, salads, juices, and smoothies from 9:30am to 6pm daily.
Cocobeet makes 100% plant based juices, smoothies, and healthy dishes in Wellesley every day from 8am to 6pm.
Café Bonjour from an upcoming list is another good place to eat healthy breakfast and they serve it all day to boot.
Donuts Shops In Boston
On the other hand if you just want something that tastes delicious one of these local donut shops should suffice:
- Doughboy Donuts & Deli at 220 Dorchester Ave
- Blackbird Doughnuts at 492 Tremont St
- Kane’s Donuts at 90 Oliver St
- Mike’s Donuts at 1524 Tremont St
- Donut Villa Diner at 20 Prospect St, Cambridge
Mike’s Donuts offers premium honey dipped donuts, breakfast pastries, muffins, soups, sandwiches, smoothies, soft serve ice cream, flavored coffees, and teas.
Flavorful French toast and Boston cream pancakes with vegan and gluten free options are some of the other great breakfasts in your area that are available at Donut Villa Diner.
Bagel Shops Near You
You should be able to find a wide variety of bagels and probably some breakfast sandwiches at:
- Finagle A Bagel at 535 Boylston St
- Exodus Bagels at 2 McCraw St
- Bruegger’s Bagels at 375 Longwood Ave
- Black Sheep Bagel Café at 56 John F Kennedy St, Cambridge
- Bagelsaurus at 1796 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge
- Rosenfeld Bagel Co at 1280 Centre St, Newton
- The Bagel Table at 21 Andrew Ave, Wayland
- Kupel’s Bakery at 421 Harvard St, Brookline
Thinking Cup from our best cafes list sells really good bagels near you too.
Bakeries will have many different types of foods that can kick your day off right:
- Bova’s Bakery at 134 Salem St
- Bricco Panetteria at 241 Hanover St
- Cookie Monstah at 75 Newbury St
- Flour Bakery + Café at 1595 Washington St
- La Saison Bakery at 407 Concord Ave, Cambridge
- Sweet Rossella Bakery at 8 Vernon St, Newton
- Quebrada Baking Company at 272 Washington St, Wellesley
- Clear Flour Bakery at 178 Thorndike St, Brookline
Cafes In Your Area
Get your caffeine boost when you pick up your coffee at one of these cafes in town:
- Cafe Vittoria at 290-296 Hanover St
- Thinking Cup at 236 Hanover St
- Render Coffee at 563 Columbus Ave #2
- Cafe Zing at 25 White St, Cambridge
- Curio Coffee at 441 Cambridge St, Cambridge
- Corner Café at 321 Washington St, Newton
- Cafe Fixe at 1642 Beacon St, Brookline
Thinking Cup makes freshly baked pastries, bagels, coffees, teas, and more daily from 7am to 7pm.
Smoothies & Juice Bars
Usually these smoothie and juice bars will also sell some wraps, sandwiches, bowls, and other healthy food for your morning:
- The Juicery at 58 Salem St
- Mother Juice at 291 Newbury St
- Playa Bowls at 277 Huntington Ave
- The Juice Box at 359 W Broadway
- Vitality Bowls at 425 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge
- Pressed at 180 Linden St #170, Wellesley
Flavorsome acai, pitaya, coconut bowls along with smoothies are offered daily from 8am to 9pm at Playa Bowls.
Both Cocobeet and Mike’s Donuts from some of our other lists sell some of the finest smoothies and juices in Boston too.
All Day Breakfast Restaurants
When you want your bacon and eggs later in the day head to an all day breakfast restaurant in Boston:
- Café 26 at 26 Temple Pl
- Café Bonjour at 55 Temple Pl
- Zoe’s at 1105 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge
- Village Café at 719 Washington St, Newton
- Martin’s Coffee Shop at 35 Harvard St, Brookline
Café 26 provides French toast and specialty breakfast sandwiches all day in your area from 7am to 3pm.
All day local breakfasts with gluten free, plant based, vegetarian, paleo, and keto options are served all day from 7am to 3pm daily at Café Bonjour.
Zoe’s makes breakfasts all day with a touch of both Greek and American cuisine from 8am to 9pm Monday through Saturday and from 8am to 3pm on Sunday.
The Village Café serves breakfast as early as 7am in Newton and it goes until 3pm.
Traditional American breakfast is served all day in Brookline from 7am to 3pm Monday through Saturday and from 8am to 3pm on Sunday at Martin’s Coffee Shop.
All day breakfasts are also served at places from some different lists including The Friendly Toast, Pressed Café, and Veggie Galaxy.
You are also welcome to read our posts on where to try the:
- Best Pancakes & Waffles in Worcester
- Best Pancakes & Waffles in Providence
- Best Pancakes & Waffles in Portland, Maine
- Best Pancakes & Waffles in New York City
Enjoy Your Breakfast In Boston
Well, we wish we had more to share but for now that is all we’ve got. After reading about all of those local breakfast spots to get your eggs, omelets, bacon, pancakes, or waffles as well as buffets, healthy vegetarian and vegan options, donut and bagel shops near you, cafes, smoothie and juice bars, and all day restaurants you should be ready for your next meal.
Do us and our future readers a favor by mentioning if we got anything incorrect in the comments, and feel free to share any early morning meal tips for your area that you may have too. Now go have fun enjoying your breakfast in Boston.