Hello and welcome to this post on the best places to eat breakfast in Bridgeport and New Haven. By the time you finish reading this you will be ready to rush out the door to eat a tasty meal.
Our opening section will discuss the best all-around brunch and breakfast restaurants in Bridgeport and New Haven. Whether you are searching for eggs, omelets, waffles, pancakes, cinnamon rolls, sandwiches, wraps, bacon, sausage, or any other delicious morning meal somewhere on that list should have you covered.
Then we will talk about healthy vegan and vegetarian breakfast options. Donuts, bagels, and bakeries will round out our next few topics.
After all of that is out of the way we will pivot to drinks and discuss local cafes to get your coffee as well as some more healthy stuff like smoothies and juices. Our final section will tell you about the best all day breakfast restaurants near you because this food tastes so great it shouldn’t only be limited to the morning hours.
Throughout the post any time a brunch buffet is available we will try to point that out, and you can also expect there to be a map for your area towards the end to help you find the closest spot. Anyone that is interested is welcome to check out our other posts on this area of the world right there.
Best Breakfast & Brunch Restaurants In Bridgeport & New Haven
If you are searching for places to eat your bacon, eggs, waffles, pancakes, omelets, or any early morning delight the best Bridgeport and New Haven breakfast and brunch restaurants are a good place to look:
- Frankie’s Diner at 1660 Barnum Ave
- Hub & Spoke at 3001 Fairfield Ave
- Galaxy Diner at 4241 Main St
- Funchal Americana at 1090 E Main St
- Bella’s Café at 896 Whalley Ave, New Haven
- 91 Diner Restaurant at 420 Middletown Ave #1006, New Haven
Frankie’s Diner is open 24 hours a day selling sandwiches, waffles, pancakes, omelets, burgers, hot dogs, and plenty of breakfast staples. Hub and Spoke offers a wide range of brunch options including eggs Benedict, a waffle station, and an entire fresh baked pastry table.
Hearty portions of American, Italian, and Greek classics like eggs Benedict, omelets, fluffy pancakes, and waffles are available at Galaxy Diner. You can choose from a variety of options at Funchal Americana’s breakfast buffet in Bridgeport including omelets, pancakes, French toast, burritos, and bagels starting from 7am Monday through Saturday.
Breakfast is served all day near you at Bella’s Café and some of the items that you can order include French toast, omelets, pancakes, and delicious croissants. 91 Diner has French toast, pancakes, omelets, eggs Benedict, cinnamon toast, and bagels to satisfy your breakfast needs.
Vegan & Vegetarian Breakfasts
Want to feel your best throughout the day? Then have your first meal at one of these healthy vegan or vegetarian breakfast spots:
- Green & Tonic at 665 Commerce Dr #G
- Harborview Market at 218 Harborview Ave #3334
- Source Coffeehouse at 2889 Fairfield Ave
- Circle Diner at 441 Post Rd
- Claire’s Corner Copia at 1000 Chapel St, New Haven
- B Natural Café at 260 College St, New Haven
The restaurant Green & Tonic offers acai bowls and avocado toast.
Starting early at 6am Harborview Markets offers nutritious breakfasts.
Source Coffeehouse starts serving healthy breakfast like avocado toast at 7am.
Healthy breakfast like egg white omelettes are available starting at 7am at Circle Diner.
Claire’s Corner Copia is one of the best spots to go for local vegan and vegetarian food which includes all day breakfasts like French toast, waffles, omelets, and pancakes.
Donut Shops In Bridgeport & New Haven
On the other hand if you just want something that tastes delicious one of these local donut shops should suffice:
- Daybreak Doughnuts at 941 Madison Ave
- Donut Inc at 1827 Boston Ave
- Dunkin’ at 815 Lafayette Blvd
- Donut Crazy at 290 York St, New Haven
- Many Donuts at 775 Whalley Ave, New Haven
- Dunkin’ at 323 Whalley Ave, New Haven
French toast, omelets, and bagels are available all day at Donut Inc.
Bagel Shops Near You
You should be able to find a wide variety of bagels and probably some tasty breakfast sandwiches in your area at:
- Bagel King at 3550 Main St
- Olmo at 93 Whitney Ave, New Haven
- Bruegger’s Bagels at 1 Whitney Ave, New Haven
Funchal Americana, 91 Diner Restaurant, and Donut Inc from some of our other lists are great places to buy delicious bagels near you as well.
Bakeries will have many different types of foods that can kick your day off right:
- Leisha’s Bakeria at 7 Lafayette Cir
- Condori’s Bakery at 1219 E Main St
- H & H Bakery at 2802 Fairfield Ave
- Lupi-Marchigiano Bakery at 169 Washington Ave, New Haven
- Lucibello’s Italian Pastry Shop at 935 Grand Ave, New Haven
- Marjolaine Pastry Shop at 961 State St, New Haven
Cafes In Your Area
Get your caffeine boost when you pick up your coffee at one of these cafes in town:
- Cafe Java at 59 Elm St, New Haven
- The Coffee Pedaler at 605 East St, New Haven
- Fussy Coffee at 290 Winchester Ave, New Haven
Smoothies & Juice Bars
Usually these smoothie and juice bars will also sell some wraps, sandwiches, bowls, and other healthy food for your morning:
- Fruta Cafe 1000 at 1000 Lafayette Blvd
- Fruta Deli and Café at 295 Fairfield Ave
- TuttiMango at 2910 Fairfield Ave
- Life Bowls at 97 Orange St, New Haven
- Tropical Smoothie Café at 15 Dixwell Ave, New Haven
- Pedals Smoothie & Juice Bar at 999 State St, New Haven
Fruta Deli and Café cooks delicious breakfast items like pancakes, omelets, croissants, and much more.
B Natural who we mentioned earlier sell some great smoothies too.
All Day Breakfast Restaurants
When you want your bacon and eggs later in the day head to an all day breakfast restaurant in Bridgeport and New Haven:
- The Tasty Yolk at 2992 Fairfield Ave
- White’s Diner at 280 Boston Ave
- Famous 50’s Diner at 472 Huntington Turnpike
- Heirloom at 1157 Chapel St, New Haven
Other restaurants we have mentioned throughout the post serving all day breakfast in your area include Bella’s Café, Claire’s Corner Copia, and Donut Inc. You are also welcome to read our posts on:
- Bacon, Eggs & Pancakes in Hartford
- Bacon, Eggs & Pancakes in New York City
- Bacon, Eggs & Pancakes in Newark
- Bacon, Eggs & Pancakes in Philadelphia
Enjoy Your Breakfast In Bridgeport & New Haven
Well, we wish we had more to share but for now that is all we’ve got. After reading about all of those local breakfast spots to get your eggs, omelets, bacon, pancakes, or waffles as well as buffets, healthy vegetarian and vegan options, donut and bagel shops near you, cafes, smoothie and juice bars, and all day restaurants you should be ready for your next meal.
Do us and our future readers a favor by mentioning if we got anything incorrect in the comments, and feel free to share any early morning meal tips for your area that you may have too. Now go have fun enjoying your breakfast in Bridgeport and New Haven.