Hello and welcome to this post on the best places to eat breakfast in Ottawa and Gatineau. By the time you finish reading this you will be ready to rush out the door to eat a tasty meal.
Our opening section will discuss the best all-around brunch and breakfast restaurants in Ottawa and Gatineau. Whether you are searching for eggs, omelets, waffles, pancakes, cinnamon rolls, sandwiches, wraps, bacon, sausage, or any other delicious morning meal somewhere on that list should have you covered.
Then we will talk about healthy vegan and vegetarian breakfast options. Donuts, bagels, and bakeries will round out our next few topics.
After all of that is out of the way we will pivot to drinks and discuss local cafes to get your coffee as well as some more healthy stuff like smoothies and juices. Our final section will tell you about the best all day breakfast restaurants near you because this food tastes so great it shouldn’t only be limited to the morning hours.
Throughout the post any time a brunch buffet is available we will try to point that out, and you can also expect there to be a map for your area towards the end to help you find the closest spot. Anyone that is interested is welcome to check out our other posts on cities around Canada right there.
Best Breakfast & Brunch Restaurants In Ottawa & Gatineau
If you are searching for places to eat your bacon, eggs, waffles, pancakes, omelets, or any early morning delight the best Ottawa and Gatineau breakfast and brunch restaurants are a good place to look:
- Wilf & Ada’s at 510 Bank St
- Mazarine Restaurant at 282 Kent St
- Cora Breakfast & Lunch at 179 Rideau St
- Allô Mon Coco at 2277 Riverside Dr
- Carleton Grill at 150 Albert St
- Cora at 1 Rue Gamelin, Gatineau
- Restaurant La Creppa at 106 Bd Gréber, Gatineau
- Allô Mon Coco at 1100 Bd Maloney O, Gatineau
- Restaurant Alpina at 1189 Chem de la Montagne, Gatineau
Wilf and Ada’s serves homemade breakfast and brunch items like eggs Benedict, French toast, and sandwiches as well as baked goods and coffee from 8:30am to 2pm Wednesday through Sunday.
Mazarine Restaurant is one of the go to spots for breakfast and brunch in your area including omelets, eggs Benedict, French toast, and sandwiches from 10am to 2pm Wednesday through Friday and 9am on weekends.
You can choose from an array of all day favorites like eggs, crêpes, pancakes, waffles, and French toast every day from 7am to 2pm at Cora’s Restaurant.
Healthy local breakfasts like avocado toast, pancakes, waffles, French toast, and omelets are offered at Allô Mon Coco from 6am to 3pm.
Carleton Grill’s breakfast buffet is available seven days a week.
Cora serves some great eggs, crepes, pancakes, waffles, and French toast.
La Creppa is famous for its delicious crepes and also serves breakfast, sandwiches, and burgers.
Restaurant Alpina has been in business for over five decades preparing breakfasts near you along with great pizzas.
Vegan & Vegetarian Breakfasts
Want to feel your best throughout the day? Then have your first meal at one of these healthy vegan or vegetarian breakfast spots:
- Copper Branch at 350 Albert St
- Good Eats Café at 207 Bell St N
- Cali Café at 25 York St
- Oat Couture Oatmeal Café at 1154 Bank St
- Eggspectation at 171 Bank St
Copper Branch offers an all day plant based menu featuring breakfast burgers, power bowls, sandwiches, wraps, fruit smoothies, desserts, and much more seven days a week from 11am to 8pm.
Good Eats Café offers a variety of reasonably priced dishes for meat-eaters, vegans, and vegetarians, including avocado toast, chia bowls, and vegan breakfast bowls with scrambled tofu, veggie bacon, tomatoes, avocado slices, rosemary, mushrooms, and spinach.
The specialty of Cali Cafè is customizable acai bowls, healthy side dishes, and delectable smoothies.
The Oat Couture Oatmeal Café accommodates all dietary restrictions and offers a variety of gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan options like parfait yogurt and avocado mash starting at 7am.
Healthy breakfasts like veggie omelettes, breakfast parfait bowls, and bagel breakfast sandwiches are available beginning at 7am at Eggspectation.
Donut Shops In Ottawa & Gatineau
On the other hand if you just want something that tastes delicious one of these local donut shops should suffice:
- SuzyQ Doughnuts at 1015 Wellington St W
- Holey Confections at 3500 Fallowfield Rd #6
- Maverick’s Donut Company at 307A Richmond Rd
- Mr.Luko at 1 Springfield Rd
- Café Dough Co. at 219 Boul des Grives, Gatineau
- Tout Beigne at 158 Rue Montcalm, Gatineau
Café Dough offers a wide variety of unique and delicious donuts in your area. Tout Beigne prepares high quality handcrafted donuts, cakes, and pastries.
Bagel Shops Near You
You should be able to find a wide variety of bagels and probably some breakfast sandwiches at:
- Kettlemans Bagel at 912 Bank St
- Ottawa Bagelshop & Deli at 1321 Wellington St W
- Cadmans Montreal Bagels at 2177 Carling Ave
Presse Café from our best cafes list makes tasty donuts near you also.
Bakeries will have many different types of foods that can kick your day off right:
- Bread & Sons at 195 Bank St
- Wild Oat Bakery at 819 Bank St
- Les Moulins La Fayette at 1000 Wellington St W #103
- 3 Sisters Bakeshop at 2211 Arch St
- Boulangerie Aux Deux Frères at 146 Principale St, Gatineau
- Pâtisserie Fine Fidélice at 625 Bd de la Gappe, Gatineau
- Le Pain D’Alain at 53 Blvd Saint-Joseph, Gatineau
- Boulangerie Première Moisson at 920 Bd Maloney O, Gatineau
Locally produced artisan breads with vegan and gluten free options are available at Le Pain d’Alain.
Cafes In Your Area
Get your caffeine boost when you pick up your coffee at one of these cafes in town:
- Union Street Café at 42 Crichton St
- The Ministry of Coffee at 274 Elgin St
- Red Door Provisions at 117 Beechwood Ave
- Presse Café at 181 Queen St
- Café British at 79 Principale St, Gatineau
- Moca Loca Café Co at 799 Bd de la Gappe, Gatineau
- Cafe Cognac at 10 Allée de Hambourg #104, Gatineau
The Ministry of Coffee is a cozy cafe offering a rotating selection of globally sourced coffees as well as sandwiches and pastries.
Red Door Provisions has a patio seating where you can eat sandwiches, pastries, and much more.
Presse Café is an elegant local spot providing options for salads and sandwiches as well as hot and cold drinks including espressos, lattes, mochaccinos, and macchiatos on weekdays from 6am to 3pm.
Café British serves breakfast, sandwiches, soups, desserts, and coffee from 8am to 5pm.
Moca Loca provides organic specialty teas and coffees.
Cafe Cognac prepares moules frites specialties, paninis, pizzas, and salads from 7am Tuesday through Saturday and 8am on Sundays.
Smoothies & Juice Bars
Usually these smoothie and juice bars will also sell some wraps, sandwiches, bowls, and other healthy food for your morning:
- Juice Monkey at 209 Slater St
- Juice Dudez at 91 Richmond Rd A
- Booster Juice at 1600 Heron Rd #8
- Raw Materials Health at 18 Murray St
- Booster Juice at 643 Bd Saint-René O #130, Gatineau
Booster Juice offers natural and organic fruit beverages and smoothie bowls from 8am to 8pm. There are smoothies available at Presse Café from our previous list too.
All Day Breakfast Restaurants
When you want your bacon and eggs later in the day head to an all day breakfast restaurant in Ottawa and Gatineau:
- Al’s Diner at 834 Clyde Ave N
- Eddy’s Diner at 777 Bank St
- Elgin Street Diner at 374 Elgin St
- Zak’s Diner at 14 Byward Market Square
Breakfast is served all day on weekdays from 5:30am at Al’s Diner featuring hearty classic comfort foods.
Elgin Street Diner is a casual spot that is open 24 hours a day serving breakfast classics, burgers, poutine, and meatloaf.
You can also have all day breakfast in Ottawa at Zak’s Diner where they serve classics, burgers, and poutine.
Don’t forget about the all day breakfast near you at Cora Breakfast and Lunch and Copper Branch from our top list either.
You are also welcome to read our posts on:
Enjoy Your Breakfast In Ottawa & Gatineau
Well, we wish we had more to share but for now that is all we’ve got. After reading about all of those local breakfast spots to get your eggs, omelets, bacon, pancakes, or waffles as well as buffets, healthy vegetarian and vegan options, donut and bagel shops near you, cafes, smoothie and juice bars, and all day restaurants you should be ready for your next meal.
Do us and our future readers a favor by mentioning if we got anything incorrect in the comments, and feel free to share any early morning meal tips for your area that you may have too. Now go have fun enjoying your breakfast in Ottawa and Gatineau.