Hello and welcome to this post on the best places to eat breakfast in Montreal. By the time you finish reading this you will be ready to rush out the door to eat a tasty meal.
Our opening section will discuss the best all-around brunch and breakfast restaurants in Montreal. Whether you are searching for eggs, omelets, waffles, pancakes, cinnamon rolls, sandwiches, wraps, bacon, sausage, or any other delicious morning meal somewhere on that list should have you covered.
Then we will talk about healthy vegan and vegetarian breakfast options. Donuts, bagels, and bakeries will round out our next few topics.
After all of that is out of the way we will pivot to drinks and discuss local cafes to get your coffee as well as some more healthy stuff like smoothies and juices. Our final section will tell you about the best all day breakfast restaurants near you because this food tastes so great it shouldn’t only be limited to the morning hours.
Throughout the post any time a brunch buffet is available we will try to point that out, and you can also expect there to be a map for your area towards the end to help you find the closest spot. Anyone that is interested is welcome to check out our other posts on this area of the world right there.
Best Breakfast & Brunch Restaurants In Montreal
If you are searching for places to eat your bacon, eggs, waffles, pancakes, omelets, or any early morning delight the best Montreal breakfast and brunch restaurants are a good place to look:
- Fabergé Restaurant at 25 Ave Fairmount O
- Cora at 1240 Drummond St
- Eggspectation Complexe Desjardins at 190 Saint-Catherine St W
- Allo Mon Coco at 1684 Blvd de Maisonneuve O
- L’Avenue at 922 Mont-Royal Ave E
- Le Cartet Resto Boutique at 106 McGill St
- Péché Matinal at 337 Rue Saint-Charles O, Longueuil
- Le Déjeuner Cosmopolitain at 3208 Blvd Saint-Martin O, Laval
- Breakfast Club at 7577 Taschereau Blvd, Brossard
Fabergé specializes in delectable local breakfast poutines. Scrumptious skillets, crepes, fresh fruits, waffles, eggs, omelets, French toast, pancakes, and more are available at Cora.
Artisanal brioches, French toast, crepes, waffles, buttermilk pancakes, omelets, spaghetti, salads, sandwiches, flatbreads, burgers, and specialty eggs Benedict are served at Eggspectation.
Le Cartet prepares breakfast sandwiches in your area along with oatmeal, baguettes, bagels, and many more items every weekday from 8am to 4pm and every weekend from 9am to 4pm.
Bagels, eggs Benedict, crepes, pancakes, waffles, French toast, omelets, juices, and yogurt are all available at Breakfast Club.
Vegan & Vegetarian Breakfasts
Want to feel your best throughout the day? Then have your first meal at one of these healthy vegan or vegetarian breakfast spots:
- Maynard at 30 Prince Arthur St W
- Archway at 3683 Wellington St
- Hello 123 at 5700 Monkland Ave
- Foodchain at 1212 McGill College
- Fresh MTL at 1164 Rue Desserte O, Laval
Maynard provides selections of breakfast sandwiches, burritos, hash browns, tofu, waffles, pancakes, and more every day from 9am to 2pm.
Foodchain is open Monday through Saturday from 8:30am to 4:30pm serving cut to order vegetable bowls and organic smoothies.
At Fresh MTL they make a variety of healthy foods and beverages including freshly pressed juices, a smoothie bar, and a full service kitchen in addition to meal preparation and freshly made grab and go food that is available Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 10pm and on Saturday from 9:30am to 7:30pm.
Donuts Shops In Montreal
On the other hand if you just want something that tastes delicious one of these local donut shops should suffice:
- Leche Desserts at 640 Courcelle St
- Trou De Beigne at 156 Rue Saint-Zotique E
- DoughNats at 5325 Decarie Blvd
- Bernie Beigne at 23 Rue Bernard O
- La Beignerie at 3979 Saint Denis St
- Crémy at 2202 Mont-Royal Ave E
- Chantilly Beignes Bistro at 619 Rue Principale, Laval
Bagel Shops Near You
You should be able to find a wide variety of bagels and probably some breakfast sandwiches at:
- St-Viateur Bagel at 263 Rue Saint- Viateur O
- Fairmount Bagel at 74 Ave Fairmount O
- Bagel St-Lo Verdun at 5411 Rue de Verdun
- Bagels on Greene at 4160 Saint-Catherine St
- Brossard Bagel Inc at 286 Rue Gladstone, Greenfield Park
- R.E.A.L. Bagel Inc. at 4940 Queen Mary Rd
- La Fabrique de Bagel at 1000 Rue De La Gauchetière O
- Dizz’s Bagel Pointe Claire at 35 Cartier Ave, Pointe-Claire
- Bagel Ste-Rose at 196 Blvd Sainte-Rose, Laval
- District Bagel at 709 Lucerne Rd, Mount Royal
- Oze Bagel Plus at 8085 Taschereau Blvd, Brossard
St-Viateur excels in creating handcrafted local bagels boiled in a honey water mixture. Fairmount Bagel provides plain, sesame seed, garlic, onion, all dressed, and many more item selections.
Bagels on Greene serves breakfast sandwiches, salads, soups, desserts, breads, and more. Hand rolled, wood oven baked items are available at Brossard Bagel.
La Fabrique makes delicious bagels in your area that are stuffed with cream cheese, smoked pork, smoked salmon, grilled veggies, and more.
Numerous assortments of homemade bagels including plain, sesame, poppy, cinnamon raisin, pumpernickel, whole wheat, and multigrain are available at Dizz’s.
Bakeries will have many different types of foods that can kick your day off right:
- La Bête à Pain at 114 Rue Fleury O
- Boulangerie Jarry at 380 Rue Jarry E
- Alati Caserta at 277 Rue Dante
- Pâtisserie Au Kouign Amann at 316 Mont-Royal Ave E
- Mamie Clafoutis at 3660 Saint Denis St
- Maison Christian Faure at 355 Place Royale
- Guillaume at 5170 St Laurent Blvd
- Pâtisserie Rolland at 170 Rue Saint-Charles O, Longueuil
- Les Moulins La Fayette at 279 Lakeshore Dr, Pointe-Claire
- Serano Bakery at 4136 Chem. du Souvenir, Laval
- Boulangerie Première Moisson at 1297 Canora Rd, Mount Royal
- Boulangerie Ange at 2151 Blvd Lapinière #A63, Brossard
- Lazio at 1290 Blvd des Seigneurs, Terrebonne
Cafes In Your Area
Get your caffeine boost when you pick up your coffee at one of these cafes in town:
- Crew Collective & Cafe at 360 Saint-Jacques St
- Cafe Olimpico at 124 Rue Saint Viateur O
- Tommy Cafe at 200 Notre Dame St W
- Melk Café at 5612 Monkland Ave
- Café de Mercanti at 350 Notre-Dame St E
- Pikolo Espresso Bar at 3418b Park Ave
- Brûlerie Café Crème at 911 Blvd Roland-Therrien, Longueuil
- Victor Rose Espresso Bar at 15C Cartier Ave, Pointe-Claire
- Cafe Milano Laval at 3352 Blvd Saint-Martin O, Laval
- Brûlerie De La Riviere at 732 Rue St Pierre, Terrebonne
Crew Collective and Cafe offers espressos, filter coffees, and signature drinks as well as workspaces. Fresh and organic coffees roasted in small batches every week are available at Melk.
Tommy Cafe features its 1950’s furniture and Victorian architecture while also selling coffees, pastries, snacks, wines, and beers.
Pikolo Espresso Bar provides a wide selection of coffees and pastries for breakfast in your area. Specialty Italian blends, coffees, delights, and snacks are prepared at Café Milano.
Brulerie De La Riviere serves freshly roasted coffee, pastries, grilled cheeses, and vegetarian dishes.
Smoothies & Juice Bars
Usually these smoothie and juice bars will also sell some wraps, sandwiches, bowls, and other local healthy food for your morning:
- Just Pressed Juice Bar at 1405 Stanley St
- Jugo Juice at 705 Rue Sainte-Catherine O #150Z
- Liquid Nutrition at 1455 Peel St
- Limoo, La Maison du Smoothie et Café at 5032 Park Ave
- Rejuice! at 5211 Sherbrooke St W
- Crux Comptoir at 9180 Blvd Leduc #115, Brossard
- La Station Organique at 408 Blvd Adolphe-Chapleau, Bois-des-Filion
Jugo Juice serves a wide variety of healthy wraps and grilled cheeses starting at 8am Monday through Friday, 9am on Saturdays, and 10am on Sundays.
Fresh juices, smoothies, vegan sandwiches, and snacks are all available at Limoo.
Rejuice! is another great option for smoothies and juices that opens at 7:30am on weekdays, 8:30am on weekends, and 9:30am on Sunday for a healthy early breakfast near you.
All Day Breakfast Restaurants
When you want your bacon and eggs later in the day head to an all day breakfast restaurant in Montreal:
- Le Vieux Velo at 59 Rue Beaubien E
- Orange Café at 4011 Decarie Blvd
- Régine Café at 1840 Rue Beaubien E
- Universel Déjeuners et Grillades at 2055 Peel St
Le Vieux Velo is a good place to go for gourmet eggs Benedict served all day. Breakfast dishes including omelets, pancakes, crepes, salads, and more are prepared all day at Orange Café.
Universel Déjeuners et Grillades serves early breakfasts near you that include omelets, pancakes, sandwiches, and waffles with vegan options from 8am to 5am daily.
Don’t forget about Fabergé’s all day breakfast in Montreal from our top list either.
You are also welcome to read our posts on the:
- Best Breakfasts in Ottawa & Gatineau
- Best Breakfasts in Quebec City
- Best Breakfasts in Toronto
- Best Breakfasts in Winnipeg
Enjoy Your Breakfast In Montreal
Well, we wish we had more to share but for now that is all we’ve got. After reading about all of those local breakfast spots to get your eggs, omelets, bacon, pancakes, or waffles as well as buffets, healthy vegetarian and vegan options, donut and bagel shops near you, cafes, smoothie and juice bars, and all day restaurants you should be ready for your next meal.
Do us and our future readers a favor by mentioning if we got anything incorrect in the comments, and feel free to share any early morning meal tips for your area that you may have too. Now go have fun enjoying your breakfast in Montreal.