We hope that everyone reading this is ready to take a deep dive into the best places to eat breakfast in Adelaide. Our only real goal is to help you find the right meal to kick start your day.
The best all-around brunch and breakfast restaurants in Adelaide will be where we begin. We know that many of you will be trying to find delicious eggs, omelets, waffles, pancakes, cinnamon rolls, sandwiches, wraps, bacon, sausage, or more and the spots on that list will have what you are after.
Up next we will get into healthy vegan and vegetarian breakfast options in your area. Our next few subjects are pretty similar with local bakeries, donut, and bagel shops.
Drinks will be our next focus as cafes to get your coffee as well as some more healthy options like smoothies and juice bars get a mention. All day breakfast restaurants near you will wrap this up because we know that the morning hours are not the only time to indulge, and we will try to mention any brunch buffets throughout the post when applicable.
Towards the conclusion you will find a map with every place we mention pinned on it, and anyone that wants to check out our other posts on this area of the world is welcome to do so right there.
Best Adelaide Breakfast & Brunch Restaurants
You will have a good chance of finding the best bacon, eggs, waffles, pancakes, omelets, and more if you eat at the best Adelaide breakfast and brunch restaurants:
- The Flinders Street Project at 276 Flinders St
- The Flying Fig at 161 Jeffcott St
- Café 185 at 185 Victoria Square
- Café Troppo at 42 Whitmore Square
- The Messy Tomato at 151 Flinders St
- Karma & Crow at 251 Richmond Rd
- Pancakes at the Port at 1 Mercantile Dock
- Waffle & Coffee at 20-24 Leigh St
- Waffle King at 85b Sturt Rd Dover Gardens
- Pickle In The Middle at 134 Unley Rd
- Crack Kitchen at 13 Franklin St
- Red House Shop & Café at North Railway Station
The Flinders Street Project serves breakfast dishes with gluten free and vegan options from 7:30am to 2pm every day. You can build you own breakfast at Flying Fig. Some of the most popular breakfast recipes that you can try at Café 185 include eggs your way, eggs benedict, and eggs Florentine that are served on sourdough from 7am to 11am as well as a creative menu selection with dietary options.
Café Troppo sells sunshine waffles, buckwheat cinnamon waffles, and roo ben bagels and even serves some of the best omelets in your area Tuesday to Sunday from 7:30am to 3pm and late on Friday nights with live music. You can buy delicious Italian inspired breakfast platters at The Messy Tomato.
Karma and Crow is an instagrammable brunch café near you serving a wide range of colorful and delicious pancakes and hotcakes in addition to being well known for their delicious plums and pancakes with strawberry, cream, and petal toppings. Pancakes at the Port has some of the best sweet pancakes in Adelaide that are available in 9 different fruit flavors seven days a week from 8am to 2:30pm.
Waffle and Coffee serves two types of delicious and customizable waffles six days a week that you can have for breakfast with endless toppings and flavors to choose from. A wide range of specialties from freshly cooked fruit waffles to Belgian specialty products are available at the Waffle King from 9am to 11pm daily.
Pickle In The Middle focuses on a healthy plant centric menu featuring a range of breakfast classics that is available until 2:30pm daily. Both Crack Kitchen and Red House Café are open from 7:30am serving breakfast with vegan, vegetarian, and gluten free options.
Vegan & Vegetarian Breakfasts
Have your first meal at one of these healthy vegan or vegetarian breakfast spots if you want to live your best life:
- Ayla’s Café at 13 Bent St
- Nagev at 190 Payneham Rd
- Nutrition Republic at 1/100 King William Rd
- Jack Greens at 36 Waymouth St
Ayla’s café is open seven days a week offering vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, plant based and Persian homemade breakfast varieties that are also available online.For a delicious healthy breakfast head to Nagev where they also provide catering services.
Nutrition Republic sells plant based breakfast items that are great for health conscious individuals. All natural breakfast varieties are available at Jack Greens and both of these last two are also happy to cater your events. You can also enjoy healthy breakfast recipes with vegan, vegetarian, and gluten free options at Crack Kitchen and Red House Café from our previous list.
Donut Shops In Adelaide
Or just eat something delicious at one of these donut shops near you:
- Cakeboy Donuts at IGA Bowden
- Donut King Munno Para at 600 Main N Rd
Local Bagel Shops
Expect to find a wide variety of bagels and probably even some breakfast sandwiches at:
- Frankly Bagels at 60 Belford Ave
- Muffin Break at City Cross Arcade
- Bagel Boys Bakery at 216 Richmond Rd
Frankly Bagels sells 14 different varieties of some of the best bagels in your area with gluten free options. Fresh and tasty breakfast bagels are available at Muffin Break along with other breakfast varieties like rolls, croissants, and toasts. For over 30 years Bagel Boys Bakery has been serving 10 different bagel varieties including their poppy seed bagel which is undoubtedly one of their best sellers and they also provides catering services.
There are lots of bakeries around town that have good early morning options:
- Cherry Darlings Bakehouse at 200 Richmond Rd #6
- Bakery on O’Connell at 128-130 O’Connell St
- Abbots & Kinney at 78 Pirie St
- Orange Spot Bakery at 752 Anzac Hwy
- Home Grain Bakery at 13 Old Coach Rd
Bakery in O’Connell offers an array of fresh local breakfast favorites like ham and cheese croissants, toasted sandwiches, scrambled eggs, bacons, and cheese rolls 24 hours a day.
Cafes In Your Area
Kick your day off with a caffeine blast at one of these cafes:
- Coffee Branch at 32 Leigh St
- Exchange Specialty Coffee at 12/18 Vardon Ave
- Please Say Please at 50 Grenfell St
- Coffylosophy at 198A Hutt St
- Sylvia’s Café at Twin Plaza Arcade
Smoothies & Juice Bars
Wraps, sandwiches, bowls, and other healthy food for your morning should also be available at these smoothie and juice bars:
- Boost Juice Port at Shop K7
- Juiced Life Rundle Place at Rundle Place
- Coco Jumbo at Shop/14 Topham Mall
- Boost Juice Glenelg at Shop/31A Jetty Rd
- Coco Cane Australia at Shop 31 Central Market Arcade
All Day Breakfast Restaurants
When you want your bacon and eggs on your own schedule visit an Adelaide all day breakfast restaurant:
- Harvest Mylor Café at 240 Strathalbyn Rd Mylor
- Carrick Hill Café at 46 Carrick Hill Drive
Harvest Mylor is a local café serving all day breakfast made from ingredients with healthier options like butter and coconut oil. All day breakfast items made from free range eggs including fried, poached, and scrambled recipes are available at Carrick Hill.
Just in case you were interested we have also written about:
- Vegan & Vegetarian Breakfasts in Melbourne
- Vegan & Vegetarian Breakfasts in Sydney
- Vegan & Vegetarian Breakfasts in Brisbane
- Vegan & Vegetarian Breakfasts in Perth
Enjoy Your Breakfast In Adelaide
For now that is all we have to mention but check back often because we plan to update this page throughout the year. Now that you know about all of those local breakfast spots to get your eggs, omelets, bacon, pancakes, or waffles as well as buffets, healthy vegetarian and vegan options, donut and bagel shops near you, cafes, smoothie and juice bars, and all day restaurants you can tackle the morning.
Don’t be afraid to mention if we got anything incorrect in the comments, and feel free to share any early morning meal tips for your area that you may have too. Now go have fun enjoying your breakfast in Adelaide.