Hello and welcome to this post on the best places to eat breakfast in Porto. By the time you finish reading this you will be ready to rush out the door to eat a tasty meal.
Our opening section will discuss the best all-around brunch and breakfast restaurants in Porto. Whether you are searching for eggs, omelets, waffles, pancakes, cinnamon rolls, sandwiches, wraps, bacon, sausage, or any other delicious morning meal somewhere on that list should have you covered.
Then we will talk about healthy vegan and vegetarian breakfast options. Donuts, bagels, and bakeries will round out our next few topics.
After all of that is out of the way we will pivot to drinks and discuss local cafes to get your coffee as well as some more healthy stuff like smoothies and juices. Our final section will tell you about the best all day breakfast restaurants near you because this food tastes so great it shouldn’t only be limited to the morning hours.
Throughout the post any time a brunch buffet is available we will try to point that out, and you can also expect there to be a map for your area towards the end to help you find the closest spot. Anyone that is interested is welcome to check out our other posts on this area of the world right there.
Best Breakfast & Brunch Restaurants In Porto
If you are searching for places to eat your bacon, eggs, waffles, pancakes, omelets, or any early morning delight the best Porto breakfast and brunch restaurants are a good place to look:
- Zenith Brunch & Cocktails Bar at Praça de Carlos Alberto 86
- Moustache at Praça de Carlos Alberto 104
- Lazy Breakfast Club at R. Das Oliveiras 110
- Mercador Café at R. das Flores 180
- Nata Lisboa at Rua de Santa Catarina 506
- Camélia – Brunch Garden at R. do Passeio Alegre 368
- O Caçula Restaurante at Praça de Carlos Alberto 47
Zenith serves brunch all day along with coffees, juices, and many more beverages and even features vegan and gluten free cuisines. Breakfast is served all day in your area at Lazy Breakfast Club along with a variety of specialties from around the world. Some of the most popular healthy brunch options at Mercador Café include vegan pancakes, eggs, and smoothie bowls.
Vegan & Vegetarian Breakfasts
Want to feel your best throughout the day? Then have your first meal at one of these healthy vegan or vegetarian breakfast spots:
- Manna Porto at Rua da Conceição 60
- Vegana By Tentúgal at R. de Santo Ildefonso 412
- Noshi Coffee at R. do Carmo 11 12
Manna offers organic seasonal vegan and vegetarian dishes for local breakfast including delicious pancakes and smoothie bowls. Noshi’s healthy, natural, and vegan comfort foods that are free of gluten and sugar are best paired with their high quality coffee drinks.
Remember that you can find more healthy breakfasts near you at Mercador Café and Zenith from our main list.
Donut Shops In Porto
On the other hand if you just want something that tastes delicious one of these local donut shops should suffice:
- OPO Donuts at Rua de Santa Catarina 834
Bagel Shops Near You
You should be able to find a wide variety of bagels and probably some breakfast sandwiches at:
- Fariña at R. de Belomonte 20
- Altamira Pastry & Bakery at R. António Bessa Leite 1106
Fariña is a natural fermentation bakery specializing in handmade pastries.
Bakeries will have many different types of foods that can kick your day off right:
- Confeitaria do Bolhão at R. Formosa 339
- Bella Roma at R. de Sampaio Bruno 19
- Molete Bread & Breakfast Saint Lazarus at 418, Av. de Rodrigues de Freitas 256
- Padaria Ribeiro at Praça Guilherme Gomes Fernandes 21
- Fábrica da Nata at Rua de Santa Catarina 331 335
- Padeirinha Doce at R. de Augusto Rosa 46
You can get fresh baked goods and savory meals as well as grab and go options at Confeitaria do Bolho. Fábrica do Nata serves local breakfast, lunch, and snacks in addition to being well known for its pastéis de nata or cream custard tarts which is one of Portugal’s most popular pastry delicacies.
Cafes In Your Area
Get your caffeine boost when you pick up your coffee at one of these cafes in town:
- O Diplomata at R. de José Falcão 32
- Esquires Coffee Porto at R. de 31 de Janeiro 215
- Negra Café Baixa at R. Guedes de Azevedo 117
- Do Norte Café by Hungry Biker at Rua do Almada 57/59
Do Norte Café is open every day at 9am preparing breakfast in Porto along with great coffee in a cozy atmosphere.
Smoothies & Juice Bars
Be Natural at Praça do Bom Sucesso 74-90 is a healthy food restaurant and is definitely a good place to go for high quality juices and smoothies in your area along with salads and wraps.
All Day Breakfast Restaurants
You can find all day breakfasts in Porto at some spots we have already mentioned including Lazy Breakfast Club, Zenith, and Mercador Café.
You are also welcome to read our posts on:
- Early Morning Restaurants in Lisbon
- Early Morning Restaurants in Madrid
- Early Morning Restaurants in Seville
- Early Morning Restaurants in Barcelona
Enjoy Your Breakfast In Porto
Well, we wish we had more to share but for now that is all we’ve got. After reading about all of those local breakfast spots to get your eggs, omelets, bacon, pancakes, or waffles as well as buffets, healthy vegetarian and vegan options, donut and bagel shops near you, cafes, smoothie and juice bars, and all day restaurants you should be ready for your next meal.
Do us and our future readers a favor by mentioning if we got anything incorrect in the comments, and feel free to share any early morning meal tips for your area that you may have too. Now go have fun enjoying your breakfast in Porto.