Hello and welcome to this post on the best places to eat breakfast in Barcelona. By the time you finish reading this you will be ready to rush out the door to eat a tasty meal.
Our opening section will discuss the best all-around brunch and breakfast restaurants in Barcelona. Whether you are searching for eggs, omelets, waffles, pancakes, cinnamon rolls, sandwiches, wraps, bacon, sausage, or any other delicious morning meal somewhere on that list should have you covered.
Then we will talk about healthy vegan and vegetarian breakfast options. Donuts, bagels, and bakeries will round out our next few topics.
After all of that is out of the way we will pivot to drinks and discuss local cafes to get your coffee as well as some more healthy stuff like smoothies and juices. Our final section will tell you about the best all day breakfast restaurants near you because this food tastes so great it shouldn’t only be limited to the morning hours.
Throughout the post any time a brunch buffet is available we will try to point that out, and you can also expect there to be a map for your area towards the end to help you find the closest spot. Anyone that is interested is welcome to check out our other posts on cities around Spain right there.
Best Breakfast & Brunch Restaurants In Barcelona
If you are searching for places to eat your bacon, eggs, waffles, pancakes, omelets, or any early morning delight the best Barcelona breakfast and brunch restaurants are a good place to look:
- Billy Brunch at Carrer de Bailèn, 115
- EatMyTrip at Carrer Del Consell de Cent, 378
- Eixampeling Brunch at Carrer de la Diputació, 158
- Ugot Bruncherie at Carrer de Viladomat, 138
Billy Brunch is known to make some of the best eggs and pancakes in your area that are part of their all day breakfast offering. Specialty coffees, pancakes, smoothie bowls, fresh juices, and salads with vegan and gluten free options are available at EatMyTrip.
Vegan & Vegetarian Breakfasts
Want to feel your best throughout the day? Then have your first meal at one of these healthy vegan or vegetarian breakfast spots:
- Green Berry at Carrer d’Enric Granados, 153
- Cafe Equilibrium at Carrer de València, 352
- L’Encant Vegetarià at Carrer de los Castillejos, 210
Green Berry sells poke bowls, sandwiches, salads, French toast, vegan burgers, desserts, and juices starting at 8am on weekdays and 9am on weekends.
L’Encant Vegetarià serves early local breakfast and a fresh salad buffet that starts at 7:30am Monday through Friday.
Donuts Shops In Barcelona
On the other hand if you just want something that tastes delicious one of these local donut shops should suffice:
- Boldú Balmes at Carrer de Balmes, 149
- Bungnuts at Carrer de Santa Eugènia, 16
- Areca at Carrer del Torrent de l’Olla, 90
Boldú Balmes provides donuts as early as 7am Monday through Friday and 8am on Saturday. Delectable donuts near you are available beginning at 10am Wednesday through Saturday at Bungnuts. Areca sells baked items daily at 9:30am.
Bagel Shops Near You
You should be able to find a wide variety of bagels and probably some breakfast sandwiches at:
- The Bagel Hood at Carrer de Ferlandina, 61
- Forn Regomir at Carrer del Regomir, 12
The Bagel Hood offers handcrafted bagels and sandwiches in your area with vegetarian and vegan alternatives.
Bakeries will have many different types of foods that can kick your day off right:
- Origo at Carrer de Milà i Fontanals, 9
- Cloudstreet at Carrer del Rosselló, 112
- Forn Mistral at Carrer de Torres i Amat, 7
- Baluard Barceloneta at Carrer del Baluard, 38
Artisanal fresh breads and coffees are prepared daily starting at 8am at Origo. Cloudstreet serves baked goods beginning at 8am on weekdays and 9am on Saturday.
Delectable cakes and breads are offered starting at 8am Monday through Saturday at Forn Mistral. Baluard Barceloneta specializes in baguettes and breads and is open daily for early breakfast near you at 7:30am.
Cafes In Your Area
Get your caffeine boost when you pick up your coffee at one of these cafes in town:
- Satan’s at Carrer de l’Arc de Sant Ramon Del Call, 11
- Nomad at Passatge Sert, 12
- Manso’s Café at Carrer de Manso, 1
Specialty coffees brewed through espresso, V60, aeropress, cold brew, cold drip, and more are available at Nomad. Manso’s Café makes cakes, biscuits, quiches, salads, burgers, breads, sandwiches, bagels, and more.
Smoothies & Juice Bars
Usually these smoothie and juice bars will also sell some wraps, sandwiches, bowls, and other healthy food for your morning:
- Juice Dudes at Avinguda Meridiana, 1
- Smudy Juice Bar at Avinguda Diagonal, 3
- L’Hamaca at Plaça de Sant Agustí Vell, 15
- Froots & Roots at Carrer Del Peu de la Creu, 19
Juice Dudes provides a selection of acai bowls, sandwiches, specialty coffee, smoothie bowls, and green salads.
Homemade cakes, acai bowls, yogurt, cereals, and sandwiches for a healthy local breakfast with gluten free and vegan options are available at L’Hamaca.
Froots and Roots makes vegan and vegetarian grilled sandwiches, soups, and wraps.
All Day Breakfast Restaurants
When you want your bacon and eggs later in the day head to an all day breakfast restaurant in Barcelona:
- Benedict at Carrer d’en Gignàs, 23
- Can Dende at Carrer de la Ciutat de Granada, 44
- Morning Glory at Carrer de la Riereta, 15
- La Desayunería at Carrer del Comte Borrell, 75
Specialty egg dishes and other brunch items are available all day from 10am to 4pm at Benedict. Delectable burgers, bagels, eggs, pancakes, and tapas are provided at Can Dende. Morning Glory serves an assortment of vegetarian, vegan, and gluten free menus.
You are also welcome to read our posts on:
- Our Favorite Breakfast Spots in Madrid
- Our Favorite Breakfast Spots in Valencia
- Our Favorite Breakfast Spots in Seville
- Our Favorite Breakfast Spots in Paris
Enjoy Your Breakfast In Barcelona
Well, we wish we had more to share but for now that is all we’ve got. After reading about all of those local breakfast spots to get your eggs, omelets, bacon, pancakes, or waffles as well as buffets, healthy vegetarian and vegan options, donut and bagel shops near you, cafes, smoothie and juice bars, and all day restaurants you should be ready for your next meal.
Do us and our future readers a favor by mentioning if we got anything incorrect in the comments, and feel free to share any early morning meal tips for your area that you may have too. Now go have fun enjoying your breakfast in Barcelona.