We hope that everyone reading this is ready to take a deep dive into the best places to eat breakfast in Rochester. Our only real goal is to help you find the right meal to kick start your day.
The best all-around brunch and breakfast restaurants in Rochester will be where we begin. We know that many of you will be trying to find delicious eggs, omelets, waffles, pancakes, cinnamon rolls, sandwiches, wraps, bacon, sausage, or more and the spots on that list will have what you are after.
Up next we will get into healthy vegan and vegetarian breakfast options in your area. Our next few subjects are pretty similar with local bakeries, donut, and bagel shops.
Drinks will be our next focus as cafes to get your coffee as well as some more healthy options like smoothies and juice bars get a mention. All day breakfast restaurants near you will wrap this up because we know that the morning hours are not the only time to indulge, and we will try to mention any brunch buffets throughout the post when applicable.
Towards the conclusion you will find a map with every place we mention pinned on it, and anyone that wants to check out our other posts on this area of the world is welcome to do so right there.
Best Rochester Breakfast & Brunch Restaurants
You will have a good chance of finding the best bacon, eggs, waffles, pancakes, omelets, and more if you eat at the best Rochester breakfast and brunch restaurants:
- Jines Restaurant at 658 Park Ave
- The Mad Hatter Restaurant & Bakery at 176 S Goodman St
- The Frog Pond at 652 Park Ave
- Locals Only at 311 Alexander St
- Highland Park Diner at 960 S Clinton Ave
Jines Restaurant is a welcoming Greek diner with sidewalk seating serving all day breakfast in your area every day from 7am as well as Sunday brunch. The Mad Hatter is an upscale breakfast and lunch spot serving signature Benedicts, frittatas, fluffy homemade pancakes, biscuits and gravy, and other dishes with vegan, vegetarian, and gluten free options.
Have your normal breakfast offerings like omelets, Benedicts, and pancakes at The Frog Pond. Locals Only is an open air breakfast and lunch café with a bohemian vibe serving burrito, egg sandwich, waffle, coffee, and other hearty classics.
You can choose from a wide selection of breakfast items at Highland Park Diner including French toast, Belgian waffles, Benedicts, omelets, skillets, and sandwiches every day from 8am to 3pm.
Vegan & Vegetarian Breakfasts
The Red Fern at 283 Oxford St
Donut Shops In Rochester
Or just eat something delicious at one of these donut shops:
- Ridge Donut Café at 1600 Portland Ave
- Donuts Delite at 1700 Culver Rd
- Boxcar Donuts at 127 Railroad St #120
- Dunkin’ at 111 East Ave #121
Scratch Bakeshop from our bakeries list sells really good donuts in your area too.
Local Bagel Shops
Expect to find a wide variety of bagels and probably even some breakfast sandwiches at:
- Balsam Bagels at 288 Winton Rd N
- Bagel Land at 1896 Monroe Ave
- Soho Bagels and Café at 1510 W Ridge Rd
- Bruegger’s Bagels at 548 Monroe Ave
You can also get tasty bagels at The Frog Pond from our top list.
There are lots of bakeries around town that have good early morning options:
- Baker Street Bakery at 745 Park Ave
- Genesee Bakery & Deli at 1677 Mt Hope Ave
- Jackson’s Bakery at 614 Stone Rd
- Scratch Bakeshop at 41 Russell St
Scratch Bakeshop is a chic bakery offering a rotating menu of homemade cakes, cookies, and breads with gluten free options
Cafes In Your Area
Kick your day off with a caffeine blast at one of these cafes:
- Cafe Sasso at 739 Park Ave
- New City Cafe & Roastery at 441 Parsells Ave
- 1872 Café at 431 W Main St
- Ugly Duck Coffee at 89 Charlotte St
Smoothies & Juice Bars
Wraps, sandwiches, bowls, and other healthy food for your morning should also be available at these smoothie and juice bars:
- Gre’s Concoctions at 1330 Mt Hope Ave
- La Cura Healthy Eatery at 1184 N Clinton Ave
- A&B Juice Lab at 686 Winton Rd N
- Just Juice 4 Life at 710 University Ave
- Refresh Cafe & Smoothie Bar at 691 Park Ave
New City Cafe & Roastery from our previous list also makes delicious smoothies.
All Day Breakfast Restaurants
When you want your bacon and eggs on your own schedule visit an Rochester all day breakfast restaurant:
- Jim’s On Main at 785 E Main St
- South Wedge Diner at 880 S Clinton Ave #1406
- Peppermill Restaurant at 1776 Dewey Ave
- Mt Hope Family Diner at 1511 Mt Hope Ave
Don’t forget about the all day breakfasts near you at Jine’s Restaurant and Highland Park Diner from our first list either. Just in case you were interested we have also written about:
- Early Morning Restaurants in Buffalo
- Early Morning Restaurants in Toronto
- Early Morning Restaurants in Syracuse
- Early Morning Restaurants in Albany
Enjoy Your Breakfast In Rochester
For now that is all we have to mention but check back often because we plan to update this page throughout the year. Now that you know about all of those local breakfast spots to get your eggs, omelets, bacon, pancakes, or waffles as well as buffets, healthy vegetarian and vegan options, donut and bagel shops near you, cafes, smoothie and juice bars, and all day restaurants you can tackle the morning.
Don’t be afraid to mention if we got anything incorrect in the comments, and feel free to share any early morning meal tips for your area that you may have too. Now go have fun enjoying your breakfast in Rochester.