Hey there and welcome to this post on the best places to eat breakfast in Bakersfield. By the time you finish reading this you will be ready to rush out the door to eat a tasty meal.
Our opening section will discuss the best all-around brunch and breakfast restaurants in Bakersfield. Whether you are searching for eggs, omelets, waffles, pancakes, cinnamon rolls, sandwiches, wraps, bacon, sausage, or any other delicious morning meal somewhere on that list should have you covered.
Then we will talk about healthy vegan and vegetarian breakfast options. Donuts, bagels, and bakeries will round out our next few topics.
After all of that is out of the way we will pivot to drinks and discuss local cafes to get your coffee as well as some more healthy stuff like smoothies and juices. Our final section will tell you about the best all day breakfast restaurants near you because this food tastes so great it shouldn’t only be limited to the morning hours.
Throughout the post any time a brunch buffet is available we will try to point that out, and you can also expect there to be a map for your area towards the end to help you find the closest spot. Anyone that is interested is welcome to check out our other posts on where to eat early in the morning around the Southwest can click here.
Best Breakfast & Brunch Restaurants In Bakersfield
If you are searching for places to eat your bacon, eggs, waffles, pancakes, omelets, or any early morning delight the best Bakersfield breakfast and brunch restaurants are a good place to look:
- Black Bear Diner at 4102 California Ave
- Old River Grill at 9500 Brimhall Rd #301
- Pappy’s Coffee Shop at 10595 Rosedale Hwy
- The Broken Yolk Café at 3300 Buena Vista Rd G
- Hodel’s Country Dining at 5917 Knudsen Dr
Breakfast is served all day at Black Bear Diner from 6am to 10pm daily including pancakes, waffles, French toast, omelets, scrambles, egg combos, burritos, and sliders. Old River Grill is a laid back local breakfast and lunch spot offering traditional American fare all day.
Pappy’s Coffee Shop sells delicious breakfasts all day too. The Broken Yolk Cafe serves all day breakfasts in your area including fluffy golden scrambled eggs as well as Mexican dishes and sandwiches. Hodel’s Country Dining is open from 8am to 11am and offers a breakfast buffet in Bakersfield with thickly sliced bacon, freshly baked cinnamon rolls, fluffy waffles, omelets, fresh fruits, and biscuits and gravy.
Vegan & Vegetarian Breakfasts
Health & Wellness Café at 6501 Truxtun Ave You can find a local healthy breakfast at any of those options.
Donut Shops In Bakersfield
On the other hand if you just want something that tastes delicious one of these Bakersfield donut shops should suffice:
- Jess’s Donut Shop at 2937 Niles St
- Foster’s Donuts at 7850 White Ln D
- Angel Donuts at 6515 Panama Ln #105
- Rainbow Donuts at 2 S Chester Ave
Bagel Shops Near You
You should be able to find a wide variety of bagels and probably some breakfast sandwiches at:
- Bagels & Blenderz at 8200 Stockdale Hwy #K1 & K2
- Dunkin‘ at 1211 Allen Rd #300
- Panera Bread at 10900 Stockdale Hwy #100
Bagels and Blenders serves your egg favorites all day on a bagel or in a burrito.
Bakeries will have many different types of foods that can kick your day off right:
- GhilaDolci Bakery at 2002 19th St
- Sugar Twist Bakery at 9500 Brimhall Rd #507
- Pyrenees French Bakery at 717 E 21st St
- Corner Stone Bakery at 2100 19th St #D
- Smith’s Bakeries at 2808 Union Ave
Cafes In Your Area
Get your caffeine boost when you pick up your coffee at one of these cafes in town:
- Cope’s Knotty Pine Café at 1530 Norris Rd
- Smitten at 909 18th St
- Bonnie’s Best Café at 1900 21st St
- Mossman’s at 1819 30th St
For over 60 years Mossman’s has been serving delicious meals including grandpa’s secret recipe pancakes and made from scratch homestyle sweet rolls and biscuits.
Smoothies & Juice Bars
Usually these local smoothie and juice bars will also sell some wraps, sandwiches, bowls, and other healthy food for your morning:
- Jamba at 5180 Stockdale Hwy A&B
- Nature’s Food Market & Juice Bar at 2000 H St
- Surf City Squeeze at 2701 Ming Ave
- Maui Wowi at 6509 Panama Ln
- Tbaar at 5438 Stockdale Hwy
All Day Breakfast Restaurants
When you want your bacon and eggs later in the day head to an all day breakfast restaurant in Bakersfield:
- Donna Kaye’s Café at 212 Oak St
- 24th Street Café at 1415 24th St
- Zingo’s Café at 3201 Buck Owens Blvd
Other restaurants mentioned throughout the post serving all day breakfast near you include Black Bear Diner, Old River Grill, Pappy’s Coffee Shop, and The Broken Yolk Cafe.
You are also welcome to read our posts on:
- Vegan & Vegetarian Breakfasts in LA
- Vegan & Vegetarian Breakfasts in San Diego
- Vegan & Vegetarian Breakfasts in Fresno
- Vegan & Vegetarian Breakfasts in San Bernardino & Riverside
Enjoy Your Breakfast In Bakersfield
Well, we wish we had more to share but for now that is all we’ve got. After reading about all of those local breakfast spots to get your eggs, omelets, bacon, pancakes, or waffles as well as buffets, healthy vegetarian and vegan options, donut and bagel shops near you, cafes, smoothie and juice bars, and all day restaurants you should be ready for your next meal.
Do us and our future readers a favor by mentioning if we got anything incorrect in the comments, and feel free to share any early morning meal tips for your area that you may have too. Now go have fun enjoying your breakfast in Bakersfield.